Apparently there is currently no specific thread for Codiac Transit, so I've added one. Quite a good transit system. Their buses even have wi-fi on-board!!

Anyways, I wanted to show you guy an article, if you haven't already seen it, about the purchase of two new Nova LFX (yes, not LFS but LFX) buses for use mainly in Dieppe.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/sto...-buses-340.html

Dieppe is adding two new buses to its fleet that are being hailed as the next generation of public transit.

The newest addition to the southeastern New Brunswick city's roster of buses pulled into a parking lot behind city hall on Friday, and will pick up its first riders on Saturday.

John Allain, the general manager of Codiac Transit, said the two new buses should put Dieppe ahead of the curve when it comes to bus technology.

They feature wireless internet technology even when they are commuting and the vehicles are much more fuel efficient than their predecessors.

"For transit systems, this is the next generation of buses that we'll see," he said.

Dieppe purchased the two LFX buses for $828,059, and $666,584 of that bill was paid out of the federal Gas Tax Fund. The buses, built by Nova Bus, are the first to be sold in Canada, according to city officials.

The two old buses will be taken off the road at the same time, so the actual number of public transit buses in the city will not increase.

There is a chance the old buses could be brought back in the fall, but that would be only for secondary service.

Codiac Transit operates 40 buses in Moncton, Riverview and Dieppe. The new buses will not be the first in Codiac Transit's fleet that offer free internet — the express buses debuted the service in August 2007.

Demand grows for public transit

The lack of public transit options in Dieppe is growing into an irritation for many in the province's fastest growing city, with Mayor Jean LeBlanc saying wait times for buses have been cut down.

"We've already increased the frequency of the routes, so that's already done," LeBlanc said.

"So what I'm saying is what these new buses will do for our people is they'll be much more enjoyable and practical for people to ride in."

LeBlanc said Dieppe would like to add a new route this September to help meet the growing demand for public transit in the area.

I don't quite see the need for LFX in Dieppe, but it's nice anyways.

Apparently there is currently no specific thread for Codiac Transit, so I've added one. Quite a good transit system. Their buses even have wi-fi on-board!!

Anyways, I wanted to show you guy an article, if you haven't already seen it, about the purchase of two new Nova LFX (yes, not LFS but LFX) buses for use mainly in Dieppe.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/sto...-buses-340.html

I don't quite see the need for LFX in Dieppe, but it's nice anyways.

They look like 3rd Gen LFS to me...... LFX is a Artic, and i dont think there is a 40 foot version....

ACF3E65.JPG

You know, someone misquote the models on what their talking about! Nice full HVAC too!

They look like 3rd Gen LFS to me...... LFX is a Artic, and i dont think there is a 40 foot version....

ACF3E65.JPG

I was surprised too, but from what I've read, they seem to make a special point about them being the first transit agency to order LFX in the country. In that picture they just don't quite show enough to tell if the bus is articulated or not! We'll see. Next time anyone's in Dieppe, keep an eye out for them!

I was surprised too, but from what I've read, they seem to make a special point about them being the first transit agency to order LFX in the country. In that picture they just don't quite show enough to tell if the bus is articulated or not! We'll see. Next time anyone's in Dieppe, keep an eye out for them!

heres the other 2 pics from that website... the Interior shot shows that it is a 40 footer....

It has a very nice interior too!!!

IMG_8918.JPG

IMG_8921.JPG

The population of Dieppe is less than 20 000, the entire Moncton area only has 130 000 people. It's unlikely they're getting any sort of artics.

The bus looks really nice inside and out, those InSight seats looks very comfortable too. Too bad transit service in Dieppe is crap, but at least they get good buses ;)

Yes, very nice interior. I e-mailed them about this to clarify which model it is, how many there are, and what the fleet numbers are. 40' LFX's aren't listed on Novabus's website, but perhaps Codiac put in a special order or something...

Yes, very nice interior. I e-mailed them about this to clarify which model it is, how many there are, and what the fleet numbers are. 40' LFX's aren't listed on Novabus's website, but perhaps Codiac put in a special order or something...

Well, I don't think there was a special order put in at all, as that bus looks like any basic 3rd Generation Nova LFS to me from what I can see in those images.

Well, I don't think there was a special order put in at all, as that bus looks like any basic 3rd Generation Nova LFS to me from what I can see in those images.

They look like third-generation LFS to me as well - the LFX styling includes the stuff over the front.

According to Cathy McCain, of Codiac Transpo...

Thank you for your interest in Codiac Transit's new Nova Bus LFX seies. Allow me to bedgin by first clarifying that these are NOT articulated buses. I realize that the "LFX" designation is ordinarily used exclusively onthe articulated models; however, in this particular case, even though the new buses are technically "LFA" models, managemetn decided to applythe "LFA" label to them because they are equiped with "T-Drive" and our regualr LFS's are not. Also, they resemble a shortened articulated bus in their design.

As for your question regarding fleet numbers, they will be designated units #700 and #701 and have been assigned to established routes #20 (Chanplain) and #21 (Amirault) exclusively.

Finally, as per the technical specs for these buses, please refer to the NOVA BUS website and the LFS model for more information.

I hope this information was helpful.

Finally, as per the technical specs for these buses, please refer to the NOVA BUS website and the LFS model for more information.

Sad, they won't provide the info.

That has to be one of the worst explanations or "management decisions" I've ever heard.

Has Codiac began to retire the 1998 RTS's?

I saw 405 on a flatbed today in Québec city with END/FIN on its rollsign. :)

400 (RTS) has been sitting idle for at least a month and is missing it's destination sign curtain. Maybe Codiac has figured these buses weren't going to last the 20 years they hoped for. However, they are running quite a few of the ex-Utah Classics in regular service each day. The second hand Classics will probably outlive the RTS models.

On another note, all of the former bus storage garage has been demolished, except for the 4 service bays, what is left of the wash bay and office areas. Their new facility out back is nearing completion but for now it means all buses are being stored outside in cramped quarters.

Global TV, in Calgary, showed two Nova's that had an accident due to the large amount of snow. One of the two buses was 507, the other looked to be 505.

Has Codiac began to retire the 1998 RTS's?

I saw 405 on a flatbed today in Québec city with END/FIN on its rollsign. <_<

Spotted in service this past Wednesday (March 30) were:

401, 402, 403, 404, 406, 408, 430

So that's a total of 7 of 12 listed on the CPTDB Wiki

Spotted in service this past Wednesday (March 30) were:

401, 402, 403, 404, 406, 408, 430

So that's a total of 7 of 12 listed on the CPTDB Wiki

400 is likely off the road permanently after spending most of the winter buried in a snow pile. Now that the snow is melting I see it's missing the lower part of the front door panels and the mirror and windshield wiper arm on the passenger side. Any record of a collision? The missing door panel area is covered with something and the fiberglass looks torn up.

In the same lot is 304 which sat unused all winter as well.

Apparently sometime recently Codiac Transit has become Codiac Transpo. Their website is still only partly updated.

Interestingly, it would appear that the original Nova Bus LFX demo is on loan to Codiac for a few months. Check out the refreshed livery here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24609104@N06/.../in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24609104@N06/...in/photostream/

I'm on my last day of a short business trip to Moncton. Had a few extra hours to myself so I did some shopping around town using Codiac Transpo. Rode some of their ex-Utah classics. Comfortable and quiet ride. A/C units on these have been disabled. Also rode some of the LFS buses. Everything on the Wiki appears to be up to date. Didn't see any new buses (regular or articulated).

I'm on my last day of a short business trip to Moncton. Had a few extra hours to myself so I did some shopping around town using Codiac Transpo. Rode some of their ex-Utah classics. Comfortable and quiet ride. A/C units on these have been disabled. Also rode some of the LFS buses. Everything on the Wiki appears to be up to date. Didn't see any new buses (regular or articulated).

the LFX demo is gone? rumours that they are purchasing new articulated buses, only "rumours" again?

Well I didn't see the LFX demo, that doesn't mean it's not around. We were only in Dieppe for a short time and I didn't see any articulated buses.

Oh and I just wanted to add that the onboard wi-fi offered on the buses doesn't work very well... Frequent disconnects for me.

It appears that Codiac Transpo (as it is now known) has a new paint scheme. There are a couple of small shots on the website.

http://www.codiactra...etro_Events.htm

Nice find Kevin! I don't think I like that new livery however.. . Nice of them to wrap the lower part of the windows where people need to be able to see where they are going....