Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7846 at Birchmount Garage clocking in at 1:50xm driver was pretty amused he was the last driver of the Orion 

I'm not exactly sure what makes *you* the authoritative source on what makes a bus retired. This goes out to all members: As we have seen just in the last day with 7935, STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS O

Take it elsewhere guys. Or just give it up. Everyone's sick of this BS.

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

3754 will be sidelined for the next little while. It clipped the roof vent at Don Mills station.  I don't think the byd will be deployed on Don mills route anytime soon.

picard-facepalm.jpg

The BYD buses have been on the 25 for a number of days, and therefore passing through Don Mills Station literally dozens, if not hundreds of times... how come this is only surfacing now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

3754 will be sidelined for the next little while. It clipped the roof vent at Don Mills station.  I don't think the byd will be deployed on Don mills route anytime soon.

Imagine testing the BYD at ALL terminals before rushing them into service. Crazy concept I know.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris W said:

Imagine testing the BYD at ALL terminals before rushing them into service. Crazy concept I know.

The TTC is a huge system - it would be highly impractical to test a new bus on every single route and stop in the entire system before clearing them to service.

That being said... they should know where the "pinch points" of low clearance are on the system (especially for infrastructure they own, like bus terminals), and should know if a bus is not going to clear one of those points before ordering them. There were plenty of signs advising where CNG buses couldn't go, some of which were height-based. Then again, TTC didn't know about the issue with hybrid buses at Jane Station without a little trial-and-error...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chris W said:

Imagine testing the BYD at ALL terminals before rushing them into service. Crazy concept I know.

 

7 hours ago, Articulated said:

The TTC is a huge system - it would be highly impractical to test a new bus on every single route and stop in the entire system before clearing them to service.

That being said... they should know where the "pinch points" of low clearance are on the system (especially for infrastructure they own, like bus terminals), and should know if a bus is not going to clear one of those points before ordering them. There were plenty of signs advising where CNG buses couldn't go, some of which were height-based. Then again, TTC didn't know about the issue with hybrid buses at Jane Station without a little trial-and-error...

All 3 electric bus series were tested on every TTC route. therefor they went into every possible station. Different angles drivers take around certain corners or to avoid certain obstacles may result in incidents like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 7:14 PM, Articulated said:

picard-facepalm.jpg

The BYD buses have been on the 25 for a number of days, and therefore passing through Don Mills Station literally dozens, if not hundreds of times... how come this is only surfacing now?

i wasn't there to witness it.  I was told the accident happened at the off loading bay behind the 25B.  Based on the damage on 3754, my education guess is that the bus driver did a  called "overhang" maneuver  and caused the accident.  Overhang maneuver is a technique where the front portion of the bus (the part before the front axle) is actually above the sidewalk or curb.  This maneuver is done to help the bus to navigate a turns that are very tight.   We were taught this technique during training.   In this case the bus driver want to the bus parked as close to the bus stop as possible to avoid tripping hazard.  

 

I do the overhang maneuver with Orion and Nova bus numerous times and never have a problem.  BYD is slightly taller than nova, hence it may not able to clear the vents.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 5:28 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

3754 will be sidelined for the next little while. It clipped the roof vent at Don Mills station.  I don't think the byd will be deployed on Don mills route anytime soon.

It has returned to service this morning on the 116

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

the damage wasn't as bad as the nova had its roof taken off at warden.  The damage did leave a gash or a hole near the front of the bus.  

Maybe it just shaved off one of the horns lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a fist sized hole in the fiberglass immediately above the entrance door. That’s it.

1242 is down, likely permanently. It dropped an exhaust valve seat on cylinder #6, piston didn’t like that.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 10:26 PM, bus_7246 said:

- 8606 hasn’t been assessed yet, but there was a small spill basin under the front left corner (I’m assuming it leaking washer fluid)

8606 is back in service. I saw this bus sitting outside of Kipling Stn on Aukland on a layover. It may have been back in service for a little bit

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

8606 is back in service. I saw this bus sitting outside of Kipling Stn on Aukland on a layover. It may have been back in service for a little bit

8606 been back in service for a while now. I caught it back in September after it got fixed up

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TTC4120fan said:

A Nova bus with the rapidTO wrap was involved in accident with an SUV near Kingston road and Scarborough Golf Club road.

A drunk driver, apparently. I heard all the sirens as this was right around the corner from me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TTC4120fan said:

A Nova bus with the rapidTO wrap was involved in an accident with a SUV near Kingston road and Scarborough Golf Club road.

 

 

47 minutes ago, MK78 said:

A drunk driver, apparently. I heard all the sirens as this was right around the corner from me.

The bus was 8737

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the bus still sitting in the morning at the corner of Kingston & Scarborough Golf club waiting for a tow. It was rear-ended in the left rear. My bus passed too quick to snap a pic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MK78 said:

I saw the bus still sitting in the morning at the corner of Kingston & Scarborough Golf club waiting for a tow. It was rear-ended in the left rear. My bus passed too quick to snap a pic.

It's at Hillcrest now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...