Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7846 at Birchmount Garage clocking in at 1:50xm driver was pretty amused he was the last driver of the Orion 

I'm not exactly sure what makes *you* the authoritative source on what makes a bus retired. This goes out to all members: As we have seen just in the last day with 7935, STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS O

Take it elsewhere guys. Or just give it up. Everyone's sick of this BS.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

Has TTC #1348 been officially written off yet?

I just took a stroll around Harvey Shop this evening, and 1348’s rear panel above the engine door has been harvested. Nothing else to report for now

 Harvey sightings:

- 1034 has had the damaged front right moulding removed, with a new moulding piece waiting to be installed

- 1200 originally went down to Duncan Shops for brake work, but is currently being used as a hoist test bus 

- 8387 has its driver’s side now painted and decals applied

- 8606 hasn’t been assessed yet, but there was a small spill basin under the front left corner (I’m assuming it leaking washer fluid)

- 8714 has been repainted, but is still missing its front windshield (said windshield is inside the vehicle)

- 9076 looks to be near completion of repairs as all the panel are replaced, but all the rear decals were removed for the tail end to be repainted red

- 8702, 8001, 8079 & 8684 were all in the same section as 8606 & 8714, but I couldn’t tell what their reasons were

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I just took a stroll around Harvey Shop this evening, and 1348’s rear panel above the engine door has been harvested. Nothing else to report for now

 Harvey sightings:

- 1034 has had the damaged front right moulding removed, with a new moulding piece waiting to be installed

- 1200 originally went down to Duncan Shops for brake work, but is currently being used as a hoist test bus 

- 8387 has its driver’s side now painted and decals applied

- 8606 hasn’t been assessed yet, but there was a small spill basin under the front left corner (I’m assuming it leaking washer fluid)

- 8714 has been repainted, but is still missing its front windshield (said windshield is inside the vehicle)

- 9076 looks to be near completion of repairs as all the panel are replaced, but all the rear decals were removed for the tail end to be repainted red

- 8702, 8001, 8079 & 8684 were all in the same section as 8606 & 8714, but I couldn’t tell what their reasons were

did 8714 get repainted with the red rear too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

TTC 1206 has been missing in action since the end of August. I heard its mto expired in August. Does anyone know the status of 1206?

Had a relatively minor electrical fire in the engine compartment. Looks like the alternator positive cable grounded out. 
 

It’s sitting up at 1810 in purgatory. I’m not sure which way it’s fate will go.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

TTC 7924 returned to Queensway from the Island shuttle but it is now missing the exhaust tailpipe for some reason. 8011 will also be out for a little bit since it crashed with minor damage while on the 300A.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7749 said:

TTC 7924 returned to Queensway from the Island shuttle but it is now missing the exhaust tailpipe for some reason. 8011 will also be out for a little bit since it crashed with minor damage while on the 300A.

7924 had an 8000 style tail pipe and curb side panel similar to those on the 8000s. I don’t think the engine was swapped out for an EPA ‘07

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, bus_7246 said:

7924 had an 8000 style tail pipe and curb side panel similar to those on the 8000s. I don’t think the engine was swapped out for an EPA ‘07

Yes, I was fully aware of this from a while ago (I think it got the 80xx exhaust pipe somewhere in 2011). Here is a picture of 7924 currently, if it helps. 20201010_195049.thumb.jpg.a0b9c3b393d105a7718aab0078f8ca8d.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, bus_7246 said:

7924 had an 8000 style tail pipe and curb side panel similar to those on the 8000s. I don’t think the engine was swapped out for an EPA ‘07

It was the trial unit for the early particulate trap. 
You can see the extra clamp for the canister portion just below the upper mounting bracket.

Its my understanding that the 8000s actually retain 2006 spec engines, and the particulate trap on them is passive, and manufactured by a 3rd party.

.....and that sign cover is upside down.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shemar said:

What's the status on TTC's 1206, 1348, and 8362? 1348 hasn't returned to service since its collision at St Clair West Stn while operating on the 126 Christie back in April.

8362 was the bus fire at Vaughan & St Clair

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shemar said:

What's the status on TTC's 1206, 1348, and 8362? 1348 hasn't returned to service since its collision at St Clair West Stn while operating on the 126 Christie back in April.

Last I saw 1348 is still sitting outside Hillcrest minus a few part such as the rear doors. I haven’t seen 8362 since last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...