Jump to content

Missing in Action buses


Recommended Posts

On 10/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, Shemar said:

The entire 8400-8504, 8510-8617 fleets have been going to Hillcrest a few units at a time for some kind of repair. I know the 2016 batch for the most part have gone to Hillcrest and a week later the units returned to Birchmount and Queensway and more units would get sent down. I know the TTC has said in one of the CEO reports that this fleet of novas have been experiencing coolant on-road failures.

I remember hearing from a YRT driver that the 1500 Novas had to be pulled of the road since the coolant hose was defective and then spilled out at the garage.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Sheppard buses are parked there. Scrap buses are parked adjacent driveway to the parking lot. 

So buses used on Sheppard are parked outdoors? Is this why Sheppard is pretty much exclusively Nova Hybrids on weekdays, with the odd Orion from time to time? Better chance of newer buses starting up after parking outdoors than the older buses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wil9402 said:

So buses used on Sheppard are parked outdoors? Is this why Sheppard is pretty much exclusively Nova Hybrids on weekdays, with the odd Orion from time to time? Better chance of newer buses starting up after parking outdoors than the older buses.

Old buses start just fine. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Old buses start just fine. 

It’s the other 500 defects on a high mileage vehicle popping up on a morning circle check that delay service. Sunday’s dayshift delegates 2 techs all day to go through what’s parked at 1810 to weed out hiccups and shuffle them out before Monday morning.

That’s 16 hours labour (at time and a quarter) a week- not even counting the Two night shift techs stationed at 1810 during weekday morning  deployments. That’s  how seriously they take it. And that’s why they keep new equipment there.

It’s a commercial vehicle. You don’t just start the engine and drive off.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, Bus_Medic said:

It’s the other 500 defects on a high mileage vehicle popping up on a morning circle check that delay service. Sunday’s dayshift delegates 2 techs all day to go through what’s parked at 1810 to weed out hiccups and shuffle them out before Monday morning.

That’s 16 hours labour (at time and a quarter) a week- not even counting the Two night shift techs stationed at 1810 during weekday morning  deployments. That’s  how seriously they take it. And that’s why they keep new equipment there.

It’s a commercial vehicle. You don’t just start the engine and drive off.

This is why they start just fine. You guys do a good job of making sure that they do 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The following vehicles have not seen revenue service during the past two weeks:

1017, 1031, 1036, 1104, 1126, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1135, 1244, 1274, 1332, 1391, 1396, 1660, 1666, 1668, 1679, 1738, 3240, 3272, 3295, 3493, 8014, 8076, 8198, 8362, 8408, 8428, 8430, 8848, 9003, 9032, 9033, 9037, 9047, 9053, 9056, 9071, 9090, 9118, 9119, 9121, 9143, 9144, 9145, 9147

Units in bold text were last tracking at Obico yard, and underlined units were last tracking at Hillcrest. I've excluded 7909-7954 because they are mostly used for training, and rarely appear in revenue service.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2019 at 1:22 PM, Articulated said:

The following vehicles have not seen revenue service during the past two weeks:

1017, 1031, 1036, 1104, 1126, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1135, 1244, 1274, 1332, 1391, 1396, 1660, 1666, 1668, 1679, 1738, 3240, 3272, 3295, 3493, 8014, 8076, 8198, 8362, 8408, 8428, 8430, 8848, 9003, 9032, 9033, 9037, 9047, 9053, 9056, 9071, 9090, 9118, 9119, 9121, 9143, 9144, 9145, 9147

Units in bold text were last tracking at Obico yard, and underlined units were last tracking at Hillcrest. I've excluded 7909-7954 because they are mostly used for training, and rarely appear in revenue service.

Updating the list with units that have not been in service in the past 2 weeks (according to Transsee):

1009, 1017, 1031, 1036, 1054, 1076, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1135, 1214, 1244, 1297, 1310, 1332, 1391, 1394, 1548, 1679, 1703, 1716, 1724, 1738, 1818, 3208, 3240, 3295, 3493, 3708, 3709, 8003, 8056, 8112, 8115, 8116, 8130, 8171, 8362, 8408, 8428, 8430, 8431, 8432, 8434, 8615, 8691, 8723, 9027, 9032, 9037, 9040, 9044, 9047, 9053, 9056, 9060, 9090, 9119, 9121, 9143, 9144, 9145, 9147

Units in bold text are new to the 2-week MIA list.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8095 & 8600 will be out of the lineup for a while due to one of the cleaners at smashing 8095 into a garage door, carrying the door through a storage bay, ramming into the back of 8600. 8600 hit two other units in front of it due to the impact

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, Articulated said:

1009, 1017, 1031, 1036, 1054, 1076, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1135, 1214, 1244, 1297, 1310, 1332, 1391, 1394, 1548, 1679, 1703, 1716, 1724, 1738, 1818, 3208, 3240, 3295, 3493, 3708, 3709, 8003, 8056, 8112, 8115, 8116, 8130, 8171, 8362, 8408, 8428, 8430, 8431, 8432, 8434, 8615, 8691, 8723, 9027, 9032, 9037, 9040, 9044, 9047, 9053, 9056, 9060, 9090, 9119, 9121, 9143, 9144, 9145, 9147

Updating the list with buses that have not been in service in the past 2 weeks (Nov 4 - Nov 15) according to Transsee:

1009, 1031, 1036, 1054, 1076, 1109, 1135, 1136, 1149, 1244, 1297, 1310, 1332, 1394, 1548, 1607, 1649, 1703, 1716, 1724, 1738, 1818, 3208, 3295, 3320, 3493, 3706, 3708, 3709, 3725, 8112, 8125, 8130, 8171, 8362, 8383, 8408, 8430, 8630, 8648, 8691, 8750, 8819, 9027, 9032, 9037, 9040, 9044, 9053, 9056, 9070, 9090, 9119, 9121, 9143, 9144, 9145, 9147

Units in bold text are new to the MIA list this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Updating the list with buses that have not been in service in the past 2 weeks (Nov 4 - Nov 15) according to Transsee:

1009, 1031, 1036, 1054, 1076, 1109, 1135, 1136, 1149, 1244, 1297, 1310, 1332, 1394, 1548, 1607, 1649, 1703, 1716, 1724, 1738, 1818, 3208, 3295, 3320, 3493, 3706, 3708, 3709, 3725, 8112, 8125, 8130, 8171, 8362, 8383, 8408, 8430, 8630, 8648, 8691, 8750, 8819, 9027, 9032, 9037, 9040, 9044, 9053, 9056, 9070, 9090, 9119, 9121, 9143, 9144, 9145, 9147

Units in bold text are new to the MIA list this week.

1818 and 1548 are both retired and decommissioned.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, Articulated said:

Updating the list with buses that have not been in service in the past 2 weeks (Nov 4 - Nov 15) according to Transsee:

1009, 1031, 1036, 1054, 1076, 1109, 1135, 1136, 1149, 1244, 1297, 1310, 1332, 1394, 1548, 1607, 1649, 1703, 1716, 1724, 1738, 1818, 3208, 3295, 3320, 3493, 3706, 3708, 3709, 3725, 8112, 8125, 8130, 8171, 8362, 8383, 8408, 8430, 8630, 8648, 8691, 8750, 8819, 9027, 9032, 9037, 9040, 9044, 9053, 9056, 9070, 9090, 9119, 9121, 9143, 9144, 9145, 9147

Units in bold text are new to the MIA list this week.

1009, 1031, 1036, 1135, 1136, 1149, 1297, 1332, 3320, 3709, 3725, 9037, 9053, 9143 are all active again. 1244, 1310, 1322. 1607, 1716, 1738 are obico units.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...