Missing in Action buses

13 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

A vid (not mine)

Was there no fire suppression?

Just because it deploys doesn’t guarantee the fire’s out. Especially with electrical shorts, unless the circuit is broken somehow, that shouldering insulation will flare up again.

16 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

There was also a fire burn above the battery switch on the right hand side.  

Dead giveaway that it was the alternator and/ or starter positive that grounded out. Thick 0 gauge cable, and no short protection until downstream of the batteries.

6 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

if the fire started at the a/c unit, the fire supression will not work (i think)

On the rest of the Orion fleet with rear A/C, this is correct. However this incident had nothing to do with the HVAC system.

16 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

it is 8362.  I saw 2 photos of it.  Lets just say at the panel above the engine cover and the light panels on the rear right side and possibly the engine cover will have to be replaced.

Those parts are trivial to the damage inside the engine compartment. Hell, those parts could be harvested from decommissioned hybrids at zero cost.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

The 83xxs have a rooftop hvac system. The area above the engine has the ECU I believe 

The back wall of the interior has about four multiplex control modules and the transmission ECU , however I’m quite certain that they weren’t involved here. In fact interior circuits rarely cause fires, as they’re fused pretty conservatively.

That upper exterior compartment in particular houses the exhaust aftertreatment  on the (left) roadside, and the fire suppression bottle itself on the (right) curbside. 

Flames travel up, as I’m sure most of you already know, and the top lip of that engine hatch is composite. It quickly melted, and provided an exit for the flames.

54 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Its already been stated that they will be fixed up

Oh really?   Does the person who originally said that have any evidence to back that up?   C'mon we can do better then spreading unconfirmed information...

On 7/5/2019 at 8:19 AM, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

8436 has been missing in action since june 20th.

It suffered a small engine fire at victoria park on the 19th 

In other news 8888 got into a hit&run with a fed ex truck just last week. The damage is moderate, hopefully will, be back and tracking again soon.

1 hour ago, BUS96 said:

It suffered a small engine fire at victoria park on the 19th 

In other news 8888 got into a hit&run with a fed ex truck just last week. The damage is moderate, hopefully will, be back and tracking again soon.

I saw it at Wajax on Saturday