409 Thornton

Missing in Action buses

259 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

It actually been back for a week or a bit longer than that.

ok 9091 is back on the road probably one week ago

7425 might be missing in action for a while, I spotted this at Don Mills Station around 7:30, and I also saw a 75xx with one of the clearance lights on the rear flashing with the blinkers on the same side.

IMG_20161105_193215.jpg

8 hours ago, Hexagonal 10 said:

7425 might be missing in action for a while, I spotted this at Don Mills Station around 7:30, and I also saw a 75xx with one of the clearance lights on the rear flashing with the blinkers on the same side.

IMG_20161105_193215.jpg

operators are suppose to turn off buses if they will idle more than one minute.  So you cant tell by having hazard light on.  

3 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

operators are suppose to turn off buses if they will idle more than one minute.  So you cant tell by having hazard light on.  

If you're talking about 7425, it has a damaged windoe and door glass pane, plus some paint scratches on the side. The front and rear looks fine and undamaged though.

3 hours ago, Hexagonal 10 said:

If you're talking about 7425, it has a damaged windoe and door glass pane, plus some paint scratches on the side. The front and rear looks fine and undamaged though.

It could be just a quick fix, just replace the glass and repaint that part.

7941 may be missing in action after busting up a mirror on the 40 Junction route near Humberside Avenue around 5:15 PM on Saturday November 26

IMG_20161126_172149.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Hexagonal 10 said:

7941 may be missing in action after busting up a mirror on the 40 Junction route near Humberside Avenue around 5:15 PM on Saturday November 26

IMG_20161126_172149.jpg

Replacing the mirror only takes a few minutes. If it swung around and took out the door glass add an hour or so. I've replaced many at the side of the road and then driven them back. Wonder who's bright idea it was to place those poles so close to the road. 

3 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

Replacing the mirror only takes a few minutes. If it swung around and took out the door glass add an hour or so. I've replaced many at the side of the road and then driven them back. Wonder who's bright idea it was to place those poles so close to the road. 

I heard from the driver only that the mirror broke, some other passengers said things like a busted tire or a tree branch went in to a windshield. I checked for a while after on the tracker if the bus was still there, and it was.

12 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

this one is not bad.  Unlike the poles on bathurst, they are leaning toward the road.  If the mirror is busted on the left side, the bus will be most likely going to be towed as it is too dangerous for the maintainance staff to repair it on the road.

1206 has been MIA for a while. It's already been rebuilt so it must be something else

1 hour ago, 7879 said:

1206 has been MIA for a while. It's already been rebuilt so it must be something else

Actually, it's been back at Malvern for a week, but don't expect it to see any kind of service till the landslide infrastructure is in place.

7431 should be off the road for a while.  It Took out a snow ban.  The panel behind the front wheel well bent pretty bad.

7865, 8015 & 9053 are inside Harvey receiving repairs from collisions. 9011 & 9031 are outside of the south wall of Davenport garage. 

6 minutes ago, soo8513 said:

any status on TTC 1304?

It's been reported to be in rebuild.

Looks like 7814 is done after hitting a pole on Queen. Picture was taken from Reddit.

hvrijrk.jpg

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

hard to say.  Certainly repairable but given the age of the slow box.  It may be done.  

I'm fairly certain it's done since they had to use the jaws of life on it to free the passengers on the bus.

there is only a front end damage.  it also depends how badly the frame is damage and the cost to repair it.  I have seen buses worse front end damage get repair.