409 Thornton

Missing in Action buses

295 posts in this topic

yes ... 1601 was only MIA for a couple of days .... note 1206 has been at Hiillcrest for a month - in rebuild?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 7879 said:

1601 is on 71B right now. Speaking of MIA buses, any idea what's happened with 1204 and 1323? They have been MIA for a while and the tracker has them both in Lake Ontario

They could be in rebuild.

5 hours ago, soo8513 said:

yes ... 1601 was only MIA for a couple of days .... note 1206 has been at Hiillcrest for a month - in rebuild?

bus_7246 has confirmed 1206 and 1272 are being rebuilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1003 parked outside of the west side of Harvey looking ready. 1011 getting a brake test run around Duncan, and 1099 has been outside of the east side of Harvey for the last 3 days ready haha. 

1231, 35, 38, 40, 80, 1323 & 1376 are all entering the early stages of the refurbishment program. 1206 was being prepared for paint, while 1272 has received a different style paint job. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9012, 9063 & 9091 are all inside Harvey receiving body work from various collisions. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1db4f20778fac521553ae37e2864348f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e1955e663e96accfa6a24ca4d54c2818.jpeg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

1003 parked outside of the west side of Harvey looking ready. 1011 getting a brake test run around Duncan, and 1099 has been outside of the east side of Harvey for the last 3 days ready haha. 

1231, 35, 38, 40, 80, 1323 & 1376 are all entering the early stages of the refurbishment program. 1206 was being prepared for paint, while 1272 has received a different style paint job. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9012, 9063 & 9091 are all inside Harvey receiving body work from various collisions. 

Did you happen to see 2252 inside hillcrest getting restored?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

1003 parked outside of the west side of Harvey looking ready. 1011 getting a brake test run around Duncan, and 1099 has been outside of the east side of Harvey for the last 3 days ready haha. 

1231, 35, 38, 40, 80, 1323 & 1376 are all entering the early stages of the refurbishment program. 1206 was being prepared for paint, while 1272 has received a different style paint job. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9012, 9063 & 9091 are all inside Harvey receiving body work from various collisions. 

:o 

 

New paint? It's about time TTC got a new livery to match the new streetcars. First time since like 1980 IIRC when the CLRVs came (the present variant has been around since 1995). Keep up them pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

9012, 9063 & 9091 are all inside Harvey receiving body work from various collisions. 

So 9012 didn't disappear because of its brakes. Thanks for the correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 98 Willowdale-Senlac said:

Did you happen to see 2252 inside hillcrest getting restored?

She was in the same spot as she had been a month or so prior. The work done on the bus I missed because I had a deadhead to do. But the northwest corner of the Harvey lot was reorganized. 2345 recieved minor body work to the front near the front door I think and was moved to where the fire victims were (1256, 1517 & 1671 were relocated), parked beside 2444. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

She was in the same spot as she had been a month or so prior. The work done on the bus I missed because I had a deadhead to do. But the northwest corner of the Harvey lot was reorganized. 2345 recieved minor body work to the front near the front door I think and was moved to where the fire victims were (1256, 1517 & 1671 were relocated), parked beside 2444. 

So 2345 is parts bus for 2252 2444 or historical bus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still around. The vehicle's front and side fleet numbers are gone, along with the logos. She's the only one with her engine still intact. As to where the engines of the other two are... Possibly inside Duncan somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea what happened to 1218? Last time i checked the tracker it was last seen 18 days ago at Malvern garage and is now showing up in the lake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

9040 is finally back.  So nobody spotted 9012 and 9091 yet?

9012 mentioned to be at Hillcrest since September but hopefully It will return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

9040 is finally back.  So nobody spotted 9012 and 9091 yet?

Still dead I believe.

8556 seen at Hillcrest during Open House has made it back in service last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, Bus_Medic said:

9091 has returned to malvern.

so is it ready to hit the road?

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, andyman said:

Anyone know what's the island bus is now that the 7300s are done?

most likely one of Eglinton's slow box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on how 900 and 9091 returned to their respective garage, I wouldn't be surprise if 9012 will hit the road soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

9012 is back

It actually been back for a week or a bit longer than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now