Missing in Action buses

On 2/10/2019 at 12:45 AM, 7575 said:

7935, 8428, 8695, 8962, 9218, 9232, 9233, 9237 are MIA.

I’ve been eyeing the threads over the past while, and noticed that 8428 hasn’t received vision. Though I noticed that the bus was noted as transferred from Queensway to Birchmount without confirmation. Can anyone dig up more info on this bus in question?

10 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

I’ve been eyeing the threads over the past while, and noticed that 8428 hasn’t received vision. Though I noticed that the bus was noted as transferred from Queensway to Birchmount without confirmation. Can anyone dig up more info on this bus in question?

It's been at Hillcrest for a couple of weeks, and there was a rumour going around last week that it would be used as the prototype for the 40 foot Nova rebuild.

3 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

It's been at Hillcrest for a couple of weeks, and there was a rumour going around last week that it would be used as the prototype for the 40 foot Nova rebuild.

Highly doubt it, it's only been in service for around 4 years. TTC usually sends out buses for rebuild every 6 years now.

If anything, #8400 should be the prototype bus for the 40ft nova rebuilds considering that it's been on property since February 2015. #8428 hasn't gone to Birchmount at all yet and has been at Hillcrest since January.

Edited by Shemar
corrected #8400 delivery date

Just now, Shemar said:

If anything, #8400 should be the prototype bus for the 40ft nova rebuilds considering that it's been on property since December 2014. #8428 hasn't gone to Birchmount at all yet and has been at Hillcrest since January.

The first of each bus fleet in the last decade or so (with the exception of 9370 for it being the supposed candidate rebuild for that batch of CNG buses) has not been used as the guinea pig for fleet refurbishment. I would assume that they pull a bus that’s due for heavy repair work, and go off on that to build a list of work in detail to refurbish the rest of that fleet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

#9125 has been MIA for quite a while and has been at Hillcrest for a few months. Could it possibly be going through refurbishment now?

Most likely. I have seen around five-six nova artics at hillcrest over the past 1-2 months. One of them I think was a 91 bus.

30 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Now that makes a little more sense. I did not know the TTC takes in co-op students.

Sure they do. I was one in ‘97.

2 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Is he an employee? I trust @Bus_Medic as he would actually know first hand anything fleet wise.

My intent was not to discredit Lex. I was hinting that whatever information he might be privy to through rumour or otherwise could be sensitive, and should be left off here for the foreseeable future.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Sure they do. I was one in ‘97.

My intent was not to discredit Lex. I was hinting that whatever information he might be privy to through rumour or otherwise could be sensitive, and should be left off here for the foreseeable future.

It wasn't my intent either just with all the false info going around it's hard to locate the real info.

5 hours ago, Lex Reid said:

All I can tell you is I'm helping with the investigation (mechanical stuff not paperwork), Don't expect it to be gone for too long. but other than that I'm not releasing any inside information about this.

Well with the knowledge we have I am not surprised about that but surprised they have a student in general help with something like that. If you get what I mean.