409 Thornton

Missing in Action buses

1 minute ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Will the ALRVs get Vision 

If they're going to survive past April 2019, yes. The current indications are that 7 of the things are planned to last into 2020.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

If they're going to survive past April 2019, yes. The current indications are that 7 of the things are planned to last into 2020.

i say it depends.  there are still a lot of kinks to sort out on the streetcars.  

I passed by 4010 on Lakeshore today.  It was heading east at Hillside (no wye anymore).

19 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Seven, out of a fleet of 52.  The ALRVs have never been particularly good even when they were new but that's a really bad ratio of active cars to fleet size especially after the overhaul program.  I read the commission report for the overhaul program when it was released prior to the commission voting on it and some of the omissions in the scope of work stuck out to me. I figured either they assessed the cars and decided that certain work didn't need to be done despite what we've all heard for years or the program was underspecified and wouldn't address all the issues with the ALRVs and problems would continue.  To be fair, the problems may well have continued anyways; the ALRVs had a lot in common with the H6 subway cars and despite all the TTC did with those, no matter what they did, those were awful junk right through retirement.