Missing in Action buses

5 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Well, I wake up in the morning expecting to see foamers crying about the coming and past retirements of the VIIs, and I hear older folk talking about game consoles that came out like a long time agoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. LOL

Anyway, 

Exactly why I didn't want to answer this. @7575 You don't really know with bus medics sense of humor (watch him get mad at me for saying this, lol sorry bus medic) you never know. 

And just last week, you were a foamer too! Don't get me started with your crap again. If you really want to start this nonsence again, PM me...

The original ISLs of Queensway, or the OG hybrids of Mt. Dennis lol

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

I do have a serious question.  Now that the original Orion 7 are all gone, what's going to take their place?  What will be the next vehicle du jour for the foamers?

3 hours ago, Shemar said:

#1506 MIA for 6 days

#1544 MIA for 6 days

#1642 MIA for 7 days

#1806 MIA for 6 days

These units might be done as well.

Umm no. Just because they are missing doesn't mean they are retired. Relax and wait til someone official has the proof.

3 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

The original ISLs of Queensway, or the OG hybrids of Mt. Dennis lol

I'm saying it now, I WILL CRY ABOUT THE OG HEVs lol its just that I see them go by my house on the 14 Glencairn and it's going to be weird without them. Just don't call me a foamer lol.

2 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Umm no. Just because they are missing doesn't mean they are retired. Relax and wait til someone official has the proof.

Umm... yes! When I report the units they are usually parked in the dead area of Malvern and yes I go and get this info myself so please don't tell me to relax I know what I'm talking about.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Umm... yes! When I report the units they are usually parked in the dead area of Malvern and yes I go and get this info myself so please don't tell me to relax I know what I'm talking about.

FOAMER?!

1 hour ago, Orion VI said:

I'm saying it now, I WILL CRY ABOUT THE OG HEVs lol its just that I see them go by my house on the 14 Glencairn and it's going to be weird without them. Just don't call me a foamer lol.

FOAMER?!

7 hours ago, 7575 said:

And just last week, you were a foamer too! Don't get me started with your crap again. If you really want to start this nonsence again, PM me...

FOAMER?!

3 hours ago, Orion VI said:

I hear you.  Actually, that's pretty near and dear.  My family's first home in Toronto was on the south side of Chaplin Cres. west of Avenue Rd. so the 14 Glencarin bus ran past our front door too but it was red and cream fishbowls at the time.  The Belt Line ran past the end of our back yard and you could walk off the end of the lawn, down one side of the drainage ditch, back up the other and on to what used to be the railway roadbed and follow it all the way down to Davisville yard which was full of a mix of Gloucesters and H cars.  The house changed hands about a year ago and it was listed for an eye-popping price and sold well over asking even though hardly anything had been changed since we moved out into a bigger house up north of there in trolleycoach territory.  Between those and the red and cream fishbowls, those are some MIA buses that have been MIA for a long time.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

I hear you.  Actually, that's pretty near and dear.  My family's first home in Toronto was on the south side of Chaplin Cres. west of Avenue Rd. so the 14 Glencarin bus ran past our front door too but it was red and cream fishbowls at the time.  The Belt Line ran past the end of our back yard and you could walk off the end of the lawn, down one side of the drainage ditch, back up the other and on to what used to be the railway roadbed and follow it all the way down to Davisville yard which was full of a mix of Gloucesters and H cars.  The house changed hands about a year ago and it was listed for an eye-popping price and sold well over asking even though hardly anything had been changed since we moved out into a bigger house up north of there in trolleycoach territory.  Between those and the red and cream fishbowls, those are some MIA buses that have been MIA for a long time.

Do you remember the buses on 14 from around 1995-2010? If you still lived around there during this time. I live between Glencairn Station and Dufferin St. If you listened VERY closely, you could hear the subway, and the Vs on the 29. This was my favorite thing to do when I was smaller. 

3 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Do you remember the buses on 14 from around 1995-2010? If you still lived around there during this time. I live between Glencairn Station and Dufferin St. If you listened VERY closely, you could hear the subway, and the Vs on the 29. This was my favorite thing to do when I was smaller. 

No, we moved to the new house winter 1986/87 so I was long gone by then.  I think 2010ish and a bit earlier they were using 7300 series Flyers from passing through the old neighbourhood a few times but even 2010 is a while ago now and I don't remember for sure.

I wasn't paying attention to the buses because they just didn't and don't really interest me.  You have to understand that for those of us who are older, the TTC changed significantly between the end of 1990 and the end of 1996.  The Gloucesters, the PCCs, the whole trolley bus system, the last red and cream buses, a lot of things that made the system interesting all got retired during that period of time along with massive, massive surface cuts on the surface system that it's never recovered from, and the subway crash happened.  Present day TTC just doesn't hold the interest compared to before all that happened for many people who are old enough to remember what it was.

• Sad 1

Now that it's been a few months, and we've seen just under 25 former Arrow LFSes moved to Queensway, would anyone happen to know what the plan is with the 7900s? We know the 8000s are receiving VISION as we speak so we can presume those are safe for the time being, but did the foamer rumour mill end up being correct about the plans for the 79s to be canned? There's a few that haven't been around for a long time like 7935 so I wouldn't be terribly surprised, but I'm still hoping I'm wrong lol

16 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Now that it's been a few months, and we've seen just under 25 former Arrow LFSes moved to Queensway, would anyone happen to know what the plan is with the 7900s? We know the 8000s are receiving VISION as we speak so we can presume those are safe for the time being, but did the foamer rumour mill end up being correct about the plans for the 79s to be canned? There's a few that haven't been around for a long time like 7935 so I wouldn't be terribly surprised, but I'm still hoping I'm wrong lol

I was thinking the same thing about the 79xx but I didn't want to say or speculate anything unless there was official confirmation regarding this.

Missing In Action Buses

TTC:

1000-1149: N/A

1200-1423: 1273, 1415

1500-1689: N/A

3100-3369: 3188

3400-3654: N/A

3700-3724: N/A

3725-3749: N/A

3750-3759: N/A

7900-7979: N/A

8000-8099: N/A