Missing in Action buses

1 minute ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Will the ALRVs get Vision 

If they're going to survive past April 2019, yes. The current indications are that 7 of the things are planned to last into 2020.

• Thanks 1

I passed by 4010 on Lakeshore today.  It was heading east at Hillside (no wye anymore).

19 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

If they're going to survive past April 2019, yes. The current indications are that 7 of the things are planned to last into 2020.

Seven, out of a fleet of 52.  The ALRVs have never been particularly good even when they were new but that's a really bad ratio of active cars to fleet size especially after the overhaul program.  I read the commission report for the overhaul program when it was released prior to the commission voting on it and some of the omissions in the scope of work stuck out to me. I figured either they assessed the cars and decided that certain work didn't need to be done despite what we've all heard for years or the program was underspecified and wouldn't address all the issues with the ALRVs and problems would continue.  To be fair, the problems may well have continued anyways; the ALRVs had a lot in common with the H6 subway cars and despite all the TTC did with those, no matter what they did, those were awful junk right through retirement.

IMG_4345.thumb.JPG.0be9b5d29476fc6d3e782d11c8a4080c.JPG    

I was driving a long the road to get practice and I came by Langilles Scrap And Cores. Apparently Canada Post vehicles and fire engines were there. Here were the buses I saw that I can number. (There were more but I couldn't make out the fleet numbers.)

TTC:

Orion VII NG Hybrids - 1812, 1784, 1578, 1583, 1762, 1805

Orion VII Detroits - 7868, 78XX (looks like a 5 for the third number)

Orion V - 7017

YRT:

Orion V Detroit - 001

IMG_4344.JPG

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4342.JPG

IMG_4341.JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Doggosareamazing said:

I mean it could be 400 bucks now, but then there is all the red tape and repair work to do on it. 

I’d scoop it no problem. Make it a project refurb. It’s only 18 years old too. Was it a DD S50/Allison B400?

16 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

I rode 005 only once, and I was surprised at how comfortable the ride was

I know right, I rode a Cummins powered one and it rode like a fluffy pillow.

Just now, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

ttc 1822 is now retired after being missing in action for 12 days.

It could very well be where I was today.

• Like 1