Missing in Action buses

6 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

After the 7800s, it was longer a giant PCB, but there are 4 Dinex I/O modules, and a whole whack of wiring, breakers and relays in that spot, yes.

accessory air tank runs lengthwise at the bottom.  -

And the steering box mount may be bent out of line too. Definitely took a lot of force to do that.

There was a retrofit of some sort about 8 or 9 years ago on them...not sure if it really helped anything.

Doubt it.  Almost every time when the headlight is not working, the mechanic has to acccess the circuit board to get the head light working.

1 hour ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

1126 will be gone for a little bit after receiving damage near rear doors on route 126

Maybe something from the N-to-E turn from Christie onto St.Clair as it was parked all afternoon just east of the intersection.

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken as there were two 126's that got into incidents this afternoon - the other one may have been in a minor collision at the Vaughan and St.Clair intersection.

28 minutes ago, 63 Ossington said:

Maybe something from the N-to-E turn from Christie onto St.Clair as it was parked all afternoon just east of the intersection.

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken as there were two 126's that got into incidents this afternoon - the other one may have been in a minor collision at the Vaughan and St.Clair intersection.

From what it looks like it might have clipped a truck that was parked near Wychwood Ave. I couldn't tell if the truck was hit or not due to the angle I was at.

As for the other unit I'm not sure about it as I didn't stick around to long. The other unit might be 1119 which was the replacement for 1126 as it was the other unit in service at the time.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:57 PM, BusFanForever said:

It may be gone forever. The damage is quite extensive under the skin. Should be inspected sometime this week before a decision is made. 

1013 is tracking at Hillcrest.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:03 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

From what it looks like it might have clipped a truck that was parked near Wychwood Ave. I couldn't tell if the truck was hit or not due to the angle I was at.

As for the other unit I'm not sure about it as I didn't stick around to long. The other unit might be 1119 which was the replacement for 1126 as it was the other unit in service at the time.

1119 and 1126 are in service this morning. 52 Lawrence West and 6 Bay respectively.

15 hours ago, Ontario_Transit said:

1013 is tracking at Hillcrest.

1013 was towed down a couple of days after the collision.

14 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

1013 May be at hillcrest for parts salvage. Doesn’t really prove anything one way or the other.

I've heard from an ET that they have decided to repair it but I'll believe that when I see it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

1670 has been missing in action for a bit and 1677 has been tracking at Birchmount division for two straight weeks going into three weeks now. 7861 has been missing since the last Saturday of may when it broke down on route 21 Brimley. 

7861 is probably retired then, the tracker on it happens to be completely dead too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shemar said:

1670 and 1677 could possibly be at Hillcrest. When units go there for repairs, the trackers usually go dead. If it's not that, then I don't know.

Both are sitting at Wilson. Their radios have been removed. Probably their radios are being repaired at the radio shop at Hillcrest

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Both are sitting at Wilson. Their radios have been removed. Probably their radios are being repaired at the radio shop at Hillcrest

When radios are removed, it is not a good sign.  I have seen CIS shops have extra radios to replace them on the spot.  The comment problem with tye radio is the PA annoucenment button does not work.

Not long. 24 hours at most. The keypads and “computer” units in the cabinet behind the driver are exchangeable, with spare units stockpiled.

During the day Monday to Friday, there are dedicated CIS technicians with their own shops at each division. Hillcrest largely has nothing to do with CIS repair.

At all other times, there are roving techs on call.

• Like 1