Destination sign FAIL !

eclair14

I think YRT will dominate this thread... The last one isn't exactly a destination sign fail, but it's still pretty bad. It's supposed to say Brother André.
Here's a good one:

I don't know about YRT and ETS but the TTC has a code programmed to make the Luminator Horizon signs have all the LEDs light up. It is probably used to see if any have burnt out/stopped working as I've seen quite a few Horizion signs with some off LEDs when they should be on.

575's sign will flash every few seconds, and Waiting for 30 Minutes happened to take his picture just as the sign flashed. It's amusing, because 575 has been doing that for a few years now.

You sure its not just an incorrect P/R put in that makes it flash? If an incorrect P/R code is put in then when it is time to show the P/R on the sign it just shows a blank screen and then changes back to the route/destination display.

You sure its not just an incorrect P/R put in that makes it flash? If an incorrect P/R code is put in then when it is time to show the P/R on the sign it just shows a blank screen and then changes back to the route/destination display.

Nope.

I tried the P/R fix already, it didn't work. Even when P/R is 0 (aka no P/R).

EDIT: Those of you who've seen the 90 southbound sign might notice the sign showing for the route/destination display is irregular. 90 Leslie South is displayed for about 2-3 seconds, when 90 To Don Mills Stn is displayed for only about 0.2 seconds. I've asked quite a lot of people to try and get the 90 To Don Mills Stn sign when taking a southbound pic. Thought I'd show you the closest I've gotten to doing it.

Note: Two board members can be seen in this picture.

p1050487.jpg

Malfunctioning signs aren't so bad, but ones that are so badly programmed, with typos are just plain sad. Makes me wonder how they became official.

You mean like HYW 7, M-S HOSPITA, RICHMIOND GREEN, BREVER CREEK, HIGHWWAY 7, and VALLYMEDE?

Nope.

I tried the P/R fix already, it didn't work. Even when P/R is 0 (aka no P/R).

EDIT: Those of you who've seen the 90 southbound sign might notice the sign showing for the route/destination display is irregular. 90 Leslie South is displayed for about 2-3 seconds, when 90 To Don Mills Stn is displayed for only about 0.2 seconds. I've asked quite a lot of people to try and get the 90 To Don Mills Stn sign when taking a southbound pic. Thought I'd show you the closest I've gotten to doing it.

Note: Two board members can be seen in this picture.

I have a video of that here, although the quality isn't the best.

And another one, from the TTC.

You mean like HYW 7, M-S HOSPITA, RICHMIOND GREEN, BREVER CREEK, HIGHWWAY 7, and VALLYMEDE?

Exactly. Also the ones where the message is cut off because there wasn't enough room. (OC's "HORS SERVIC" that has apparently been fixed now)

By the way, the "SORRY FINCH EAST NOT TO FINCH STATION" is quite cool. It'd be quite fitting if it was going eastbound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...