Destination sign FAIL !

eclair14

• 2 weeks later...

This should be "Glendale Mall", but the sign was still in transition. (This is a 2000 Gillig LF of IndyGo in Indianapolis, IN.)

2036.jpg

Here's another one from a while ago. The sign was transitioning from "STATION" to "SHORT LINE"; if you're offended by mild profanity, do not enlarge the image.

6372-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
um...where is this bus going!!??

There is no destination whatsoever. (this picture is NOT photoshopped.)

Looks like the driver found a lazy way to drive the route all day without having to change the designation sign :lol:

(In Ottawa with our rollsigns, one saturday there was a driver who was driving the 7 all day so he just scrolled it to "7 (blank)" so he wouldn't have to change it at each end)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Supposedly it was an iXpress...

IMG_0180_1_.JPG

Also a little while ago I saw a GO bus destined for the University of Waterloo (that's supposed to have the sign 25 U OF WATERLOO), but that bus had part of it broken so it said "F WATERLOO". Seems some of us here at U of Waterloo would consider that a win :( Didn't manage to get a picture of that though :ph34r:

"Broad Monica"

4839549120_1c85a432f1_b.jpg

Haha that's not really fair, the sign was in transition. However, if you go on line 3(local & rapid) there are a lot of differences between the fleets signs for that route -- many questionable.

I think Culver City line 6 also has a bunch of fun signs.

I think Culver City line 6 also has a bunch of fun signs.

I always thought that Culver City's sign reading "SEPULVED BLVD" was something of a sign failure. Why not make the text a tiny bit smaller so you can spell out "SEPULVEDA"?

7101.jpg

On some buses it displays "SEPULVEDA BL", a much more logical reading.

I always thought that Culver City's sign reading "SEPULVED BLVD" was something of a sign failure. Why not make the text a tiny bit smaller so you can spell out "SEPULVEDA"?

On some buses it displays "SEPULVEDA BL", a much more logical reading.

I agree, I mean come on, the flipdots display "Sepulveda" fully and you would think that it would be the flipdots that would display "SEPULVED"

4856304734_4fb69643f4_b.jpg

Muni has a separate "Not In Service" reading -- interestingly, the text is displayed in a negative image, with all flipdots/LEDs on the sign activated except for the ones making up the "NOT IN SERVICE" text.

That's a good way of doing it, you can tell easily from a distance if the bus is in service or not from the color of the sign, especially good for flipdots which can be hard to see from far away.

• 3 weeks later...