1217 date into service?

I was in Toronto yesterday and saw 1217. The Wiki roster shows it entering service in 2009 compared to 1216 in 2007. The license plates are consecutive.

Would the TTC have held the plate for 2 years waiting for 1217 or is the date in the Wkik roster a typo?

1217_07_30_09_mt.jpg

I was in Toronto yesterday and saw 1217. The Wiki roster shows it entering service in 2009 compared to 1216 in 2007. The license plates are consecutive.

Would the TTC have held the plate for 2 years waiting for 1217 or is the date in the Wkik roster a typo?

The buses are built (and have licence plates assigned) consecutively - but issues may arise during the production process that result in buses being delivered out of order.

I don't know about those two buses per se, but if the deliveries stretched from very late 2007 to very early 2009, it is possible.

Dan

Orion did not deliver the 12xx series NGs in any sort of order. 1216 was one of the first ones to arrive (in December 2007 IIRC) while 1217 was probably one of the later ones to arrive, likely around January-February 2009.

The fleet numbers are in order of the frames. At Orion, if a bus had any sort of problem (like 1217 probably did) it is held back while other (proper) frames go ahead of it.

As for the Wiki roster, the date is when the vehicle arrives with the TTC. Vehicles like 1217 that were held back were technically still "in production" until delivered in 2009.