Spotted one of the old Calary units, i think, ( The type with the slanted light bar module attached to the cab ) at Peter Lougheed yesterday. Weird thing was it was plain white, had the new EMS wording (logo and ems together, rear top) and the two fluroescent stripes,one top and one bottom.

Are they applying the new livery to current in-service units or are they going for more than one front line model?

Spotted one of the old Calary units, i think, ( The type with the slanted light bar module attached to the cab ) at Peter Lougheed yesterday. Weird thing was it was plain white, had the new EMS wording (logo and ems together, rear top) and the two fluroescent stripes,one top and one bottom.

That sounds like #7584. There are at least two of them running around like that and I seem to recall #7584. I drive bus route 20 later today (Sunday) so I will keep and eye out and see if I can spot the fleet numbers on the white ones. I see one around almost every Sunday when driving my route 20.

Are they applying the new livery to current in-service units or are they going for more than one front line model?

I haven't heard anything about the new livery going on the older units or not. Hopefully someone else can answer that question.

That sounds like #7584. There are at least two of them running around like that and I seem to recall #7584. I drive bus route 20 later today (Sunday) so I will keep and eye out and see if I can spot the fleet numbers on the white ones. I see one around almost every Sunday when driving my route 20.

Yesterday on my route 20 I spotted plain white AHS 7585 a few times throughout the afternoon as well as brand new AHS #2719.

Saw AHS 2707 heading south on Crowchild Trail just near the Naval Museum yesterday.
This past Monday I saw AHS #2706 at the Rockyview Hospital as well as AHS #2700. First time I have seen this particular unit and I can't help but wonder if it was the last unit of that body style delivered. I guess it all depends if they number new units in order or not. As we know, brand new units have been delivered and spotted in the 2700's, so I wonder if the first one was #2701 or not. Also included is an image of AHS #1991 taken yesterday at the Rockyview Hospital. No clue where this unit might be from...

Oh btw the original image of #2700 was taken through my rear view mirror! I also am attaching the version showing it properly and not backwards like it was originally!

050710_01834ahs2700.jpg

050710_01834ahs2700a.jpg

060710_01835ahs1991.jpg

Saw a Red Deer ambulance in town, still in its livery. Said FIRE RESCUE on the rear too.

Red Deer Emergency Services has the contract for ambulance service for its area. They will not be AHS units until that contract expires. Don't know when it expires. However the contract brought the number of busses on the road to 5 from 9

• 3 weeks later...

Found the ex Edmonton MSU at the Heritage Festival, along with an ex IHA ambulance. Near as I can tell, the MSU probably tows the trailer that carries the golf cart ambulances. Dunno what they're actually called, but a pic is attched. 2 of them were there. I believe that both have the old Edmonton EMS logo.

DSC00179G4084.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

• 2 weeks later...