Alberta Health Services

With the Province taking over amublance service after April 1, 2009 technically all amublances in Alberta are provincially run, except for the transfer amublances I believe.

Not long after the take over, former Edmonton amublances had the Edmonton logo covered over with a piece of blue decal.

I propose that we post all Alberta amublances here going forward. To start off, ex Westlock EMS #1117 heading into Edmonton. It is a Demer's Mystere 160, according to the decal on the side.

DSC04335.jpg

• Board Admin

Sounds good.

Here are just a couple of my most recent spottings from the other thread, including one in AHS livery:

ems2024.jpg

ems2024r2.jpg

ambulance1174.jpg

And some shots from today:

ems2875.jpg

ems2771-2875.jpg

They are both Crestlines. Note that 2771 is likely from 1997-2002, and that 2875 is from 2003-2007. 2875 has LEDs on the grille and on the side by the turn signal, while 2771 I think has strobes.

They are both Crestlines. Note that 2771 is likely from 1997-2002, and that 2875 is from 2003-2007. 2875 has LEDs on the grille and on the side by the turn signal, while 2771 I think has strobes.

shall we start a list here as well?? :angry:

Not all ambulances are being run by the province, some places are just under contract to the province, such as Lacombe, where it is business as usual and is being run the same way it always has been.

Inter-hospital ambulances are still ambulances, they have paramedics and EMTs just like city ambulances, they just dont go on 911 calls. And get pics of them while you can, they are done at the end of the year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

2392 (newest Ford chassis, I'm pretty sure this was in Edmonton EMS livery - 2388 was at least) is now in the AHS livery. Looks very plain unfortunately.

Saw an old ambulance this morning marked as "Vehicle Support Unit" or something. I think this was mentioned before somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I've been noticing... that must go along with what you said lfdlt17...

There seems to be ambulances out there now with no identifcation of their former operators, I assume because the province has now taken over those operations.

The attached amublance is not one of these, and still carries the markings of St. Paul.

DSC06613.jpg

Not all ambulances are being run by the province, some places are just under contract to the province, such as Lacombe, where it is business as usual and is being run the same way it always has been.

Speaking of Lacombe... this showed up at the University Hospital today.

I couldn't find any fleet numbers on the ex Edmonton unit.

DSC07169.jpg

DSC07172.jpg

• Board Admin

Saw that EMS Crown Vic with the older EMS logo - was at Kildare Station and then went east on 137 Avenue.

The lights on the front grille are red, and the lightbar is red (on the edges) and orange on the inside, with alternating patterns. No blue.

Siren is of the new type, I hear that type at night all the time. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...