Collingwood Transit

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collingwood's two New Flyer MD30's have arrived. 2 of the 3 Eldorados were also in service yesterday; 701 on the West Route and 702 on the Crosstown.

710 and 711 have both entered service. 700 was recently refurbished and was out on the Blue Mountain Link. No Xcelsiors were out - now that there's enough reliable "short buses", one wonders if the Xc

Collingwood will be purchasing 2 New Flyer Midi 30' (MD30) buses. In the report it notes there are 6 MD30 "stock" buses available immediately by New Flyer due to being abandoned from a previous custom

Posted Images

17 hours ago, 2822 said:

I wonder if it could justify every 30 minutes during the summer months? 

I have been out along the Route 4 and it definitely attracts a lot of volume. Especially when people travel between this corridor and how Collingwood has a lot of residential development planned and under development. I know one friend who has a home during the summer in that area.

Though I think they should be running a 40 ft bus versus 30 ft. Considering the hourly frequency can be challenging if a passenger cannot be accommodated. The demand is there. It is more of how much of a cost the county is willing to accommodate operating an additional bus. 

• Thanks 1