Sign in to follow this  
AlexLy

Another Question

I'm seeing some people getting banned but after reading the Conditions of use it says: We reserve the right to ban any user account for any reason at any time. Does that mean I could get banned without any reason or am I reading this wrong (I don't understand very well English).

Alexander Ly B)

Essentially, yes, but you would have to do something to cause us to ban you. (There would be a reason before someone gets banned.)

We don't randomly pick names out of a hat and ban people. B)

Essentially, yes, but you would have to do something to cause us to ban you. (There would be a reason before someone gets banned.)

We don't randomly pick names out of a hat and ban people. :)

Okaie, thanks for answering I was unsure. :) And I would like to apologize to the people concerned for what I did 3 years ago.....

Alexander Ly B)

Okaie, thanks for answering I was unsure. ^_^ And I would like to apologize to the people concerned for what I did 3 years ago.....

Alexander Ly :lol:

Exactly! And that's not all: they know when they did banned someone for a week (this is SURELY the best organized Discussion Board I'VE BEEN ON!! CONGRATULATIONS, A. Wong! ;) )! I tried that... And next time, I might be permanently banned!!! :P

Oh, well... I'm not causing more troubles than those I already caused, I'm not even minimally interested in so!... ;)

This is not realted to getting banned i just didnt want to open another thread and take up space anyways is there a way i can get my post to have certain things to them without having to do it all the time? ....................... like i want my posts to look like this

I forget if there ever was an option for this. How do I go about making the "Last Post by (user)" link actually go to the first Unread Post for threads inside a forum.

For example instead of reading the last Random Thought (thread), I want to see from the last time I was on.

Right now, I only get this feature when i'm on the home page and seeing the last post of a particular thread that just came up amongst a certain chunk of discussions. Like, C-Train U2 Cars out of the Western Canada Discussion Section. Which has its subforums too.

I forget if there ever was an option for this. How do I go about making the "Last Post by (user)" link actually go to the first Unread Post for threads inside a forum.

For example instead of reading the last Random Thought (thread), I want to see from the last time I was on.

Right now, I only get this feature when i'm on the home page and seeing the last post of a particular thread that just came up amongst a certain chunk of discussions. Like, C-Train U2 Cars out of the Western Canada Discussion Section. Which has its subforums too.

I think 'View New Posts' does something like that.

When I am done I 'mark all threads and posts as read' (top right and bottom right links for that).

Then the next time I log in I click on View New Posts' and it's all the new stuff I haven't seen. I choose the ones I want to read and then mark the rest as read when I'm done.

I think 'View New Posts' does something like that.

When I am done I 'mark all threads and posts as read' (top right and bottom right links for that).

Then the next time I log in I click on View New Posts' and it's all the new stuff I haven't seen. I choose the ones I want to read and then mark the rest as read when I'm done.

I tried that once, but wasn't what I was looking for. I remember there was an option for it, but I can't remember as to where it was/is.

Put it this way, CT.. If i'm reading up on a Ferry Maintenance thread for the first time or thereafter, I would want to catch up on my soap from where I left off, instead of having to search for the last page where I last was at, or by having to repeatedly press HOME, END and PG UP or DN to find it. And I don't read all the posts and threads, my head will explode :P

Thanks though! Any other suggestions or answers?

Mine seems to do it automatically, I always press the Last post by: link on the right side of the thread information row and it usually takes me to the right place. If I haven't checked the board for a long time it brings me back to previous posts (I can tell because sometimes it is on the previous page than the last).

Mine seems to do it automatically, I always press the Last post by: link on the right side of the thread information row and it usually takes me to the right place. If I haven't checked the board for a long time it brings me back to previous posts (I can tell because sometimes it is on the previous page than the last).

I found out how it's done. All thanks to an overloaded internet connection slowing my browser from loading a page efficiently.

When a new post is made, there's that coloured briefcase and a little orange square. That orange square is a link to read from the first unread post. "goto unread".

Booya ka.

Looks like you're getting an error message from the provider you're using, I'm guessing a workplace or library, which blocks ads based on the IP of their origin.

We don't randomly pick names out of a hat and ban people. :D

What reasons which are not specified in CPTDB Code of Conduct would you possibly use on this wiki to justify a ban? Or is everything already covered?