STM LFS Artic Deliveries/sightings

stm_5307N

• 4 weeks later...

Artic Watch

09 / 13 / 09

Spotted the following artics parked inside Legendre today during the Doors Open Legendre tour:

• 29-804 being used as a demo bus for visitors.
  • 29-802 on the lifts in the new body shop.

Also noticed that the artics don't have bell cords inside, due to the placement of the windows. The seats have a different style of fabric inserts as well. They're similar to those found in the hybrids, only they're darker.

Artic Watch

09 / 13 / 09

Spotted the following artics parked inside Legendre today during the Doors Open Legendre tour:

Also noticed that the artics don't have bell cords inside, due to the placement of the windows. The seats have a different style of fabric inserts as well. They're similar to those found in the hybrids, only they're darker.

I second those sightings. :P

According to the presenter, the new arrivals won't have bell cords any longer. Only buttons on the wall. And they will all have the Faraday bell that we have been accustomed to for generations. The "Hells Bells" was a test project and the CO sort of chuckled when I asked him how the results were going regarding these beep-beeps He also mentioned that they had several other chimes they were planning on testing but haven't yet. But I answered my own question while riding on one of the new 29's today, and all have their Faraday's back, so that must be our answer.

Artic Watch

09 / 13 / 09

This is extremely WEAK on byhalf of the STM! I'm really happy I missed this event. They couldn't even put an Artic outside.. B) What a joke!

• 3 weeks later...

Get ready to fan STM Novabus Artics starting today september 30th! According to this video report done yesterday, the first day of Articulated bus service is happening this morning on Henri-Bourassa route 69 Gouin! They even tell you the name of the lucky driver to get the first one for service too. The video is in french only:

http://videos.lcn.canoe.ca/video/nouvelles...gne/42697844001

Get ready to fan STM Novabus Artics starting today september 30th! According to this video report done yesterday, the first day of Articulated bus service is happening this morning on Henri-Bourassa route 69 Gouin! They even tell you the name of the lucky driver to get the first one for service too. The video is in french only:

http://videos.lcn.canoe.ca/video/nouvelles...gne/42697844001

I have the honor of being the first ever paying passenger of STM Nova LFS Artic 29-804. I took the 69 at 9:20 AM at CÉGEP Marie-Victorin after waiting for it for over an hour. :(

Here are some photos not even an hour ago:

Here it comes...

DSCF1929.JPG

There it goes.

DSCF1930.JPGDSCF1931.JPG

Laying over for the press (and moi...)

DSCF1932.JPG

Now on duty!

DSCF1933.JPG

On board...

DSCF1934.JPGDSCF1935.JPG

... and off we go!

DSCF1936.JPGDSCF1937.JPG

Turning on Langelier:

DSCF1938.JPG

I was supposed to get off at Maurice-Duplessis and Monty and go back on either the 49 or the 69 to get to my car parked on Maurice-Duplessis in front of the CÉGEP, but I extended my trip to Laurier, the stop in front of Polyvalente Henri-Bourassa.

And there it goes on its merry way...

DSCF1939.JPG

... and right behind it, I see this:

DSCF1940.JPG

102 feet of buses! Cool... :blink:

DSCF1941.JPG

One last look... see ya later my friend! :P

DSCF1942.JPG

And this is what I got on my way back... I miss the Artic already...

DSCF1943.JPG

So, thank you to Mr. Serge Benoit for the nice ride and to the rest of the STM staff on board and the press reps who were pretty cool. :P

LOL, I saw that bus too! I was walking to go home at noon and I spotted this! So I was back home and I tried to get a pic, with no success :( It was going so fast that my camera couldn't focus on the bus, so I got a Fail photo :blink: .

So when are we supposed to get more of these things? We only have two thus far, one of which is in service. 29s 801 & 803 have yet to be seen. Plus, I read a report in today's Metro newspaper which said that we're supposed to receive a total of 56 or 58 artics by year's end, or something along those lines. I sure hope they speed up the delivery process soon, since the end of the year is just around the corner...

So when are we supposed to get more of these things? We only have two thus far, one of which is in service. 29s 801 & 803 have yet to be seen. Plus, I read a report in today's Metro newspaper which said that we're supposed to receive a total of 56 or 58 artics by year's end, or something along those lines. I sure hope they speed up the delivery process soon, since the end of the year is just around the corner...

803 was the Artic that Harold Gagne of TVA was in for his report on Tuesday. I'm guessing taht they will start showing up in the coming weeks. I saw a couple when I passed by NovaBUS in August when I saw the GRT iExpress LFSs. They were on the side of the building near the mini forest.

I saw it at 13:42, WB on Langelier and Maurice-Duplessis, when and where did you see it?

I saw it at 11:10 AM, EB on Lacordaire/Maurice-Duplessis.

-----

I haven't seen any artics today, unless I was out at the wrong time...

Yesterday, yes a SUNDAY (good news for you SMS), I got on 29-803 on the 69! Yes 803 not 804! I got on it at 7h06 PM, IIRC, to go at terminus De Serres and switch to the 64 and to come back home I got on it again!!!! It was 9h53 PM (?) after I got off 28-013 that was on the 64 and I got a nice ride back home!

BTW, the driver wasn't Serge Benoît! ;)

Alexander Ly :P