STM LFS Artic Deliveries/sightings

stm_5307N

The time is near and the first sighting of an STM Nova Artic has been reported as of yesterday. STM 29-804 was at Groupe Gaudreault getting a final check up done most likely before delivery. Maybe it's already at LE, but I doubt it since the bus was still all white and just had an STM logo on the top before the artic joint. As to why the STM chose to number them 29-8XX, who knows..

If they're getting 202 of these things, that 8XX suffix won't last very long, unless the STM wants bizarre fleet numbers like 29-1002. When our MR-63 Metro cars were first delivered in 1966, their fleet numbers went from 80-0001 upwards. The extra zero was eventually eliminated, and the fleet numbers have been the same ever since. The smarter idea might have been to start with 501 or something. Still, it's good to hear that the artics are on the way. I predict the first one will be on the 467 or something.

If they're getting 202 of these things, that 8XX suffix won't last very long, unless the STM wants bizarre fleet numbers like 29-1002.

I don't think I will be a problem since delivery of these 202 buses will take a couple of years. I assume that some of them will probably be numbered in the 30-8XX and 31-8XX series.

I don't think I will be a problem since delivery of these 202 buses will take a couple of years. I assume that some of them will probably be numbered in the 30-8XX and 31-8XX series.

Ah, okay. Well, if that's the case, then it makes perfect sense.

Some people around these parts thought that a 6XX suffix would have been more appropriate, as the artics are 60-footers. But perhaps the STM has some kind of internal numbering system, and as a result, 8XX was chosen for artics, much like 70X was chosen for our hybrids.

Ah, okay. Well, if that's the case, then it makes perfect sense.

Some people around these parts thought that a 6XX suffix would have been more appropriate, as the artics are 60-footers. But perhaps the STM has some kind of internal numbering system, and as a result, 8XX was chosen for artics, much like 70X was chosen for our hybrids.

Maybe if they receive some hybrids in this order they will number them 29-7xx. But 29-6xx sounded the most logical for standard artics imo.

That's correct. I believe the STM is getting 54 this year for the 29 Artic series.

• 2 weeks later...

Got official confirmation that a few Nova Artics are now inside LE garage awaiting preperation to hit the road soon. I saw one this afternoon at LE at gate 46! It was the first bus at the door inside the garage and it has the blue front with the chevrons. I couldn't see the number or get a picture from the street.

Got official confirmation that a few Nova Artics are now inside LE garage awaiting preperation to hit the road soon. I saw one this afternoon at LE at gate 46! It was the first bus at the door inside the garage and it has the blue front with the chevrons. I couldn't see the number or get a picture from the street.

As Peter Griffin would say: Freakin sweet!

We aren't getting all 202 this year, Nova would never be able to keep up production!

If you guys read the PTI summaries that I keep posting but keeps getting ignored, you will see the delivery schedule for the artics which won't all come at once!

People can speak for themselves, I took a glance at them, but they are fairly long, and I have many other things that are more deserving of my attention.

Excellent!

I assume you's will keep us posted!

Also ill take this moment to complain that Anjou gets NOTHING. No 3rd gens, no artics, no hybrids.... What a damn pain. Gotta go from here to the west to get intresting things...maybe i should move to the west end? heh...

I mean, we dont even get the oldest bus?! whats the point.. haha. We are decidedly mediocre.

....ah back on topic, Sweet. I wana ride one, simply because artics are cool.

Also ill take this moment to complain that Anjou gets NOTHING. No 3rd gens, no artics, no hybrids.... What a damn pain. Gotta go from here to the west to get intresting things...maybe i should move to the west end? heh...

I mean, we dont even get the oldest bus?! whats the point.. haha. We are decidedly mediocre.

Legendre has built an expansion to their garage so they can service and keep the articulated LFS there. That is why all the artics will be stationed from there. Other garages cannot keep them.

Yeah you should :P

Much less travel time involved also!

Artics are great, they will provide some much needed variety.

Ah. But why cant we have any other cool stuff? lol. We had 59-058, but now what do we have?

I know, but at least you've got 12s, while La Salle has none!

Yeah you should :P

Much less travel time involved also!

Artics are great, they will provide some much needed variety.

I know, but at least you've got 12s, while La Salle has none!

Mind you, a good percentage of those 12s came from LA. What did we get in return? 26-021 - 030; 041 - 043, and every 27-5XX that AN had. Horrible trade, but what can you do?

Meanwhile over at LA, we still have four 11s, while AN transferred theirs to other garages. Oddly enough, two of them run with LA now (11s 030 & 032).

Back to artics, they will for sure make travelling both easier and more interesting.

I will make myself wake up early for a morning rush 3rd gen, 60-013, MCI, classic, and Artic hunt when they're out. Should be intresting... Though i'll need energy drinks to work 3-9:30/10:30 pm after that.

And although Anjou has MCIs and such, I miss them unless i look for them. I get to the 44 at 2210, last "non accessible" is 2153. So close...

Basically the classics come out to play when im at work. Its good for driving to work and back, as i never see rush traffic, but not if ya want classics when you cant drive.

I will make myself wake up early for a morning rush 3rd gen, 60-013, MCI, classic, and Artic hunt when they're out. Should be intresting... Though i'll need energy drinks to work 3-9:30/10:30 pm after that.

And although Anjou has MCIs and such, I miss them unless i look for them. I get to the 44 at 2210, last "non accessible" is 2153. So close...

Basically the classics come out to play when im at work. Its good for driving to work and back, as i never see rush traffic, but not if ya want classics when you cant drive.

Good! There is a lot of great action out during AM rush!

I know the feeling, its worse having to ride the ★ departure between two 'anything goes' departures.

Well, i'd prolly wait for the next one if i had enough time on my hands.. sorta leave work slower and whatever to catch one at about 2300.. Once in a while anyway. But theres a non-bold one at 40ish and another at 53 then they both dissapear. So i miss em both and then its all bold/accessible. Sucks for me.

Also, what routes do we figure the 29-800's will be on? If im gunna hunt 'em i may aswell know.

Well, i'd prolly wait for the next one if i had enough time on my hands.. sorta leave work slower and whatever to catch one at about 2300.. Once in a while anyway. But theres a non-bold one at 40ish and another at 53 then they both dissapear. So i miss em both and then its all bold/accessible. Sucks for me.

Also, what routes do we figure the 29-800's will be on? If im gunna hunt 'em i may aswell know.

The list has been posted countless times before, but:

45-51-67-69-80-121-141-165-535

You won't have to travel far. As mentioned, one of the routes getting Artics is the 141 which goes to Beaugrand metro. Btw, I'm sure Anjou will get a batch of 3rd gens before the end of the year. Every garage needs 1st gen replacements..

You won't have to travel far. As mentioned, one of the routes getting Artics is the 141 which goes to Beaugrand metro. Btw, I'm sure Anjou will get a batch of 3rd gens before the end of the year. Every garage needs 1st gen replacements..

Frontenac is probably the mosting needing right now, and next would be Mont-Royal. I just hope they don't decide to close these garages in favour of sending them new vehicles.

When I see 1st gens now, I probably would almost be guaranteed to see one on a Frontenac route, but almost never on a Lasalle route anymore. Lasalle is using their 28's and 3rd gens almost exclusively now in regular time.

I remember once I read that the 106/506 and 139/505 would be receiving artics on those routes, has this changed, or is this not a priority yet?

I'm sure it won't be easy to share this handful of artics across the entire island yet, but after 202 of them arrive, it should be easier to allocate them to various routes, and yikes, should I say, artic violations?

The 106 and the 211 too should be getting artics from what a C.O. told me this week. 54 artics will be on our streets this year, for now, there are 4 at LE for training purposes until they get the St-Michel reserved lane ready for October, so the first route to get them will be the 467.