Jump to content

MUNI (San Francisco, CA)


BCT-3122-D800-10240
 Share

Recommended Posts

My friend sent me this a few years ago. It was part of an old campaign around 2003 for the residents of SF to vote for the disposition of old muni buses or something. Because of that vote, Muni buses were being sold directly to scrap instead of auction after 2005 or 2006. This lasted all the way until 2013. This is why we lost every Muni D40 except for 8926 sadly. People wanted to buy them.

1282752621_BannedMuniBuses.thumb.jpg.fdfd5af19b17084252de470d367a9c69.jpg

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Detroit Diesel 6V92TA said:

My friend sent me this a few years ago. It was part of an old campaign around 2003 for the residents of SF to vote for the disposition of old muni buses or something. Because of that vote, Muni buses were being sold directly to scrap instead of auction after 2005 or 2006. This lasted all the way until 2013. This is why we lost every Muni D40 except for 8926 sadly. People wanted to buy them.

1282752621_BannedMuniBuses.thumb.jpg.fdfd5af19b17084252de470d367a9c69.jpg

Yes, November 2003. Prop I, I believe. Rescue Muni opposed the measure. It was passed, and yes, every bus built before 1991 (which is why the 9100 series D60s weren't scrapped) were scrapped. It's also partly why Muni didn't get more Neoplans (they had options for 80 more but were asked by the Board of Supervisors to defer them). That's also why Muni tested the Neoplan CNGs and Orion VI hybrid, and ultimately got the 56 Orion VII hybrids in 2006. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG_20200209_152554820 IMG_20200209_152618288

SF MUNI 6292: 2001 Neoplan USA AN460A Transliner Articulated was spotted somewhere in Northern or Southern California by TransitRider F1316 of Flickr 

 

On 3/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, Detroit Diesel 6V92TA said:

My friend took this photo back on 5/8/2016. 6279 was being towed to auction and he saw it while driving the samTrans/MV NABI in the background. 6279 ironically still exists today at a junk yard in Shingle Springs. I helped a couple of friends buy parts from it in late 2018.

1369811086_6279Tow3rd-Evans(TonyM.5-8-16).thumb.jpg.2bd777bb9763009b757c68b37103ef2f.jpg

Did you export this bus to Germany yet? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2020 at 12:01 AM, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

IMG_20200209_152554820 IMG_20200209_152618288

SF MUNI 6292: 2001 Neoplan USA AN460A Transliner Articulated was spotted somewhere in Northern or Southern California by TransitRider F1316 of Flickr.

In addition to what Detroit said, it's in Vegas getting worked on where it will later be moved to New York. A fan trip in Vegas before it leaves is in the works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a question,

 

Regarding the ETI buses muni had, was there any meuseum out in the great states that preserved a few? (Excluding the one muni restored) because I know a meuseum made an effort to preserve one of the gillig trolley buses from King County just thought maybe somebody made the same effort. It does not even have to be Muni it could be Dayton’s RTA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Samtransxmuni said:

I got a question,

 

Regarding the ETI buses muni had, was there any meuseum out in the great states that preserved a few? (Excluding the one muni restored) because I know a meuseum made an effort to preserve one of the gillig trolley buses from King County just thought maybe somebody made the same effort. It does not even have to be Muni it could be Dayton’s RTA

IRM, an enthusiast group in the Czech Republic, and Dayton RTA themselves all have 1998 ex-Dayton Skodas. Dayton RTA has a 1996 as well

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

IRM, an enthusiast group in the Czech Republic, and Dayton RTA themselves all have 1998 ex-Dayton Skodas. Dayton RTA has a 1996 as well

I didn’t know that a group in the Czech Republic had some of the Dayton Skoda’s figured the RTA would have a few left but nothing on muni?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2020 at 1:43 AM, Samtransxmuni said:

I got a question,

 

Regarding the ETI buses muni had, was there any meuseum out in the great states that preserved a few? (Excluding the one muni restored) because I know a meuseum made an effort to preserve one of the gillig trolley buses from King County just thought maybe somebody made the same effort. It does not even have to be Muni it could be Dayton’s RTA

5538 is the only ETI preserved. Unfortunately there were no other units preserved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...