MUNI (San Francisco, CA)

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Boston has 2 1999 Orion VIs in storage, they had Lockheed Hybrid Drive systems.

they also have 2 2001 Nova LFS shells that were tobe built into Magnetic Induction Battery Buses pending a decision on completing the project.

All of the Hybrid VI are stored because of parts availability.

Torrance Transit in California do have 2 Orion VI Hybrid too.

• Root Admin

No, Mississauga only has diesel 2 door VIs as far as I know.

The 3 door one was a demo, not sure where it is now.

Torrance Transit has a hybrid VI, but it might only have 2 doors.

Orion (Mississauga) only has one diesel demo now. The other was sold to St. John.

The 3 door hybrid demo, is a 1997, and is numbered #6001. Its still at the Mississauga plant, parked at the back. The first Orion VII prototype is also back there, along with some older demo buses...

The Orion VII hybrid demo #1043 with the original Orion VII design WAS at the back about a month ago. I did see it roaming around Mississauga just recently, so I dont know where it is now, because I didn't see it today at Orion...

No, Mississauga only has diesel 2 door VIs as far as I know.

The 3 door one was a demo, not sure where it is now.

Torrance Transit has a hybrid VI, but it might only have 2 doors.

I know our VIs are 2 door, right at the back, I was asking if the VIs at Orion in Mississauga are the demos.

I cannot believe you people are talking about Orion 6s. I thought you all hated those buses.

Muni has one of the most diverse systems in term of mode.

Buse, Trolleybus, Light Rail, Streetcar(F-line), AND Cable Car!!

Muni is where I rode my first electric trolleybus, and where I fell in love with trolleys. I have seen trolleys in Toronto, obviously but never had a chance to ride one.

SF.14tr.5.jpg

Really cool buses.

I cannot believe you people are talking about Orion 6s. I thought you all hated those buses.

Muni has one of the most diverse systems in term of mode.

Buse, Trolleybus, Light Rail, Streetcar(F-line), AND Cable Car!!

Muni is where I rode my first electric trolleybus, and where I fell in love with trolleys. I have seen trolleys in Toronto, obviously but never had a chance to ride one.

SF.14tr.5.jpg

Really cool buses.

I think many of us don't mind the Orion VI, especially later versions. There's just a few members who just REALLY hate Orion VI's.

Trolleys... yep best things around :D

Still get to ride them in Edmonton for the time being.

Oh lol so that explains these VIs with middle doors... I thought hamilton had the rear door versons?

In Timmins we have mid body back doors and ours are diesel. I haven't heard of too many systems with mid body door Orion VIs that are diesel either. We are one of the few that do have diesels.

I'll attach some images once I get home from work.

In Timmins we have mid body back doors and ours are diesel. I haven't heard of too many systems with mid body door Orion VIs that are diesel either. We are one of the few that do have diesels.

I'll attach some images once I get home from work.

The reason Timmins ordered mid-rear door on the VI is because of high snow banks and safety.

The reason Timmins ordered mid-rear door on the VI is because of high snow banks and safety.

And other cities in Ontario don't have high snow banks?

I don't see how that is a valid reason. A snow bank would get in the way regardless of mid or rear door.

Also what exactly are these saftey issues?

Okay fair enough, I was not aware of the geography/climate.

However, I still do not understand what snow banks have anything to do with door position. Nor do I understand what door position has to do with saftey in this case.

I admit our snow banks can get high, but they are not any higher than anywhere else. In fact places in the snow belt (Barrie, Orillia, etc...) get much more snow than we do. It's like any other option that you can get on a bus. Timmins just opted out to get the mid-body back door. I am unaware of any specific reason.

I admit our snow banks can get high, but they are not any higher than anywhere else. In fact places in the snow belt (Barrie, Orillia, etc...) get much more snow than we do. It's like any other option that you can get on a bus. Timmins just opted out to get the mid-body back door. I am unaware of any specific reason.

The reason because once you've packed into a snow bank and it sits for few days with cold weather and sunny just to partial melt the snow, this would become very harden. And yes, it does the damage onto vehicles and one of the Oakville Orion VI had the rear door pushed in.

Otherwise, another thing is it would have to be safety issues for drivers to see much easier.

The reason because once you've packed into a snow bank and it sits for few days with cold weather and sunny just to partial melt the snow, this would become very harden. And yes, it does the damage onto vehicles and one of the Oakville Orion VI had the rear door pushed in.

Otherwise, another thing is it would have to be safety issues for drivers to see much easier.

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. I realize buses hitting snow banks can cause damage to the bus. Thats not what I am questioning here.

I am questioning the validity of the claim that a rear door position will be more prone to damage/saftey hazards. That is what you were saying in the first place, is it not?

Also I'm not sure what exactly there is to see better as you claim.

Point is, regardless of where the door is, the driver still has to pay attention as to not run into any snowbanks.