MUNI (San Francisco, CA)

BCT-3122-D800-10240

On 12/15/2018 at 9:29 AM, Chris.A said:

Has MUNI ever tested a CNG bus before? And for that matter, why have they never brought anymore Orion VII hybrids, be it OG, NG, or 3G?

Yes, they tested two 2001 Neoplan AN440LF CNG's, demos. Muni purchased their Orion VII's in 2007, after that they did not order any new buses until 2013. By then Orion was gone. Muni did test 1 Orion VII NG HEV demo which later was converted into fuel cell demo.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:10 AM, Chris.A said:

Did MUNI ever had DD50s powered buses?

Technically they did, again they tested two 2001 Neoplan AN440LF CNG's, which were demos. They were painted into Muni colors and did run on routes back in 2003. Buses 9211-9212. They were DD Series 50G's. There's pics of them on flickr and I have the info & VINs on the CPTDB Wiki page.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:23 AM, Chris.A said:

Those Neoplans could have sounded amazing with a DDS50.

What do you mean "could have sounded amazing?" You should watch the videos of them back when they had their original exhaust mufflers intact before they got their CA Retrofit DPF's in 2005. They are some of the best sounding Neoplans I've heard to date, also I believe they are the only Neoplans to ever have Cummins ISM's.

Just check the Muni CPTDB Wiki page for all of this, I have everything written down....

As at 17 November, 65 of the XT40 trolleybuses had been accepted by Muni  for service. Obviously more would have been on the premises for any final fitting and acceptance testing.

So keep those photos and videos of the ETIs coming. They will soon be gone (sometime in 2019). ?