MUNI (San Francisco, CA)

BCT-3122-D800-10240

No I ment the E800 shot but that's cool!!! So is it like the underground in london where you have to insert you ticket into the machine to leave? Because if it is, well I guess it won't let you out at any other station will they?

Oh whoops, you mean the destination sign exposure... I thought you meant the exposure setting for the camera, my bad :) Hehehehe... long day.

Yeah that's a real destination sign exposure. It's nice to see that Muni has a sense of humour.

How the excursion pass works on BART is you buy a regular ticket, and if you exit the system with that ticket at the same station it automatically deducts the amount of the pass ($4.65 I believe). If you exit at another station it will of course work normally and deduct the fare required for that journey.

Did you ride the BART or CalTrain well you were down there at all?

Also did you ride inside the MUNI Metro under Market Street? It's pretty neat isn't it?

Yes I rode BART 3 times, pretty nice system they got, wear and tear is quite apparent on the railcars themselves though.

Didn't ride on Caltrain.

I did ride the MUNI Metro under Market. We ran into a big delay there once too. A train was being held up at Embarcadero Station for some reason, with 3 or 4 trains right behind it waiting to get into the station. The one track each direction doesn't seem to be able to handle that many lines very well when something goes wrong. But the MUNI Metro system as a whole is very cool with the routing it takes. I thought the Breda cars were a delight to ride.

Here are some of my photos, I'll post a few different things then what RocketDriver already showed us.

1988 New Flyer D40 #8815 on a quiet early Sunday morning downtown San Francisco

sfmuni_8815.jpg

40 foot Neoplan #8219 seen on the 47 line near the Fisherman's Wharf area.

sfmuni_8219.jpg

Orion I #9025 seen near the Coit Tower operating Route 39 Coit

sfmuni_9025.jpgsfmuni_9025rear.jpg

One of the Peter Witt Milan trams rolling down Market Street on the F line of course

sfmuni_1856.jpg

One of the ETI/Skoda trolleybuses seen working the 21 line somewhere along Market St.

sfmuni_5529.jpg

I'm going to try to get some photos up onto my website on this Sunday's update.

Guest M. Wright

Oh whoops, you mean the destination sign exposure... I thought you meant the exposure setting for the camera, my bad B) Hehehehe... long day.

Yeah that's a real destination sign exposure. It's nice to see that Muni has a sense of humour.

How the excursion pass works on BART is you buy a regular ticket, and if you exit the system with that ticket at the same station it automatically deducts the amount of the pass ($4.65 I believe). If you exit at another station it will of course work normally and deduct the fare required for that journey.

Cool. Some people on msn didn't belive it was real... I'll message them now.

ok I'll post up some differnt stuff now

1. 1994 New Flyer E60 7040

2. 2002 ETI Skoda Trolley

3.Golden Gate Transit 2003 Orion V 1532

and something from a nearby city

2000 Orion V CNG 2009 from Regional Transit in Sacramento,California

a Tip for Flyer Hunters Try Clement and 4th

Picture_732.jpg

Picture_735.jpg

Picture_757.jpg

Picture_717.jpg

Guest M. Wright

ok I'll post up some differnt stuff now

1. 1994 New Flyer D60 7040

2. 2002 ETI Skoda Trolley

3.Golden Gate Transit 2003 Orion V 1532

and something from a nearby city

2000 Orion V CNG 2009 from Regional Transit in Sacramento,California

a Tip for Flyer Hunters Try Clement and 4th

The first one is a E60 not a D60...

Nice pictures there though!!!

The following is from Orion's website, discussing the delivery of MUNI #8401, the first of 56 Orion VII Hybrid buses.

"After delivery of the full order, electric hybrid buses will comprise 11 percent of MUNI's fleet. In conjunction with the other hybrid buses, cable cars, and trolleys, MUNI will then feature an electric fleet of well over 50 percent."

I never knew MUNI had "other" hybrid buses.

Anyways here is the full new release for anyone interested

Guest M. Wright

Or maybe the NABIs are Hybrids because they can just store the batterys under the floor as it is a high floor.

But that is shocking news that they already have "hybrids".

Oh I think I know what there talking about, because the Middle Door VI in NYC is a Hybrid and I know San Francisco has some middle door VIs so maybe those are the Hybrids there talking about that they already have.

Not sure if those are hybrids though but they probably are. ;)

Or maybe the NABIs are Hybrids because they can just store the batterys under the floor as it is a high floor.

But that is shocking news that they already have "hybrids".

Oh I think I know what there talking about, because the Middle Door VI in NYC is a Hybrid and I know San Francisco has some middle door VIs so maybe those are the Hybrids there talking about that they already have.

Not sure if those are hybrids though but they probably are. ;)

I'm sorry but some middle door Orion VI's, since when did MUNI have Orion VI's?

I know San Francisco has some middle door VIs so maybe those are the Hybrids there talking about that they already have.

Bingo!

From: http://www.motorbussociety.org/conventn/05spr/index.html

"Also on the property for testing are two Orion VI low floor hybrid buses."

Edit: http://www.sfmuni.com/cms/rptpub/documents...b.htm#appendixA

Certainly more of an official source. It doesn't specifically say Orion VI hybrid, but I think it can be safely assumed it was the Orion VI.

Guest M. Wright

Bingo!

From: http://www.motorbussociety.org/conventn/05spr/index.html

"Also on the property for testing are two Orion VI low floor hybrid buses."

I thought it was a hybrid. Seems like all middle door VIs are hybrids does it seem that way? I have yet to find a diesel middle door VI.

EDIT: Possibly found one in washington that might not be a hybrid.

dcorionvi1.jpg

And also a VII CNG!!!

dcorionvii4.jpg

I thought it was a hybrid. Seems like all middle door VIs are hybrids does it seem that way? I have yet to find a diesel middle door VI.

Umm.. Yeah... No. Door location doesn't matter.

Look no further than Hamilton. Hell, those are CNG.

Note... I edited my post above with a link that provides an official souce on the Orion VI hybrids.

hsr9923.jpg

Guest M. Wright

Umm.. Yeah... No. Door location doesn't matter.

Look no further than Hamilton. Hell, those are CNG.

Oh lol so that explains these VIs with middle doors... I thought hamilton had the rear door versons?

Cool buses. So is that the only Neoplan AN440LF in MUNIs fleet?

BTW I got my 2nd batch of photos off the camera from when it died. Hurray!!!

The Orion VI's are in dead storage at the MUNI garage and I believe that Neoplan AN440ALF CNG 9211 is the only one of its kind at MUNI.

• Root Admin

The Orion VI's are in dead storage at the MUNI garage and I believe that Neoplan AN440ALF CNG 9211 is the only one of its kind at MUNI.

I wonder if they'll fix those Orion VIs up at some point. Looks to be old hybrid technology (at least the first generation). Is MUNI the only system to have Hybrid Orion VIs, along with New York City?

I can't remember which system had the GM Hybrid Orion V for testing. I think it was Los Angeles...

Boston has 2 1999 Orion VIs in storage, they had Lockheed Hybrid Drive systems.

they also have 2 2001 Nova LFS shells that were tobe built into Magnetic Induction Battery Buses pending a decision on completing the project.

And at one point they did something involving trolleybuses and RTS shells.