MUNI (San Francisco, CA)

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Very nice to hear on another group that MUNI Flyer E800-10240 #5300 is back on the roads and even repainted in the old MUNI Scheme! BEAUTIFUL BUS!

http://www.busdrawings.com/pics/5300_Union...ner_B_82106.JPG

Photo by Matt Lee.

It's a good thing that MUNI is keeping not just one, but 3 E800 for historic. The other one will be a simplified MUNI livery and one will be SEPTA livery.

With the TTC's money problems we'll be saying goodbye to the D901 forever it appears. Curious why YRT hasn't done so though especially for 2001.

Well, let either CTHF or HCRR get one of the TTC D901. Now CTHF can't get anymore used buses as it's piling up their property.

CTHF can't get anymore used buses as it's piling up their property.

The CTHF doesn't have a 'property.'

At this year's CTHF board meeting, the executives expressed in an interest in acquiring some new vehicles, specifically of different types, since their Fishbowl collection is already of a sufficient size to not require further expansion, and the ones they've been offered in recent years have had sentimental value to their owners, but little of a historic nature. The attendees were solicited for ideas, and something will likely be included in a future Bulletin about it as well.

Would be cool if TRAMS (Transit Museum Society of Vancouver) has acquired one of these and repaint the bus into BC Transit livery; just like the E800s before they gets diesellized, which would look awesome beside the de-icing bus V1109.

:( Got that right

I just got back from a trip to San Francisco

Quite a few 1988/89 New Flyer D40's in service, the oldest diesel buses still in the MUNI fleet. Some New Flyer D60's are still in service and Orion I's can still be found fairly easily. This equipment makes up all of the older diesel buses. Neoplan and NABI high floors make up the newer diesel bus fleet.

Atleast a few Flyer E800's are still running on the Route 41 that provides am/pm peak service only. Newer ETI trolleys can easily be found of course and the New Flyer E60's are still fairly solid in numbers and can easily be found.

No Ex-AC Transit Gilligs or Orion VII hybrids on the roads yet.

The F Line is probably one of the coolest ideas in modern streetcar operations. Lots of beautifully resotred streetcars zipping up and down Market Street/Waterfront. The cable cars of course were cool too.

Many photos to come soon, onto my website and I will post some here too.

Quite a few 1988/89 New Flyer D40's in service, the oldest diesel buses still in the MUNI fleet. Some New Flyer D60's are still in service and Orion I's can still be found fairly easily. This equipment makes up all of the older diesel buses. Neoplan and NABI high floors make up the newer diesel bus fleet.

Atleast a few Flyer E800's are still running on the Route 41 that provides am/pm peak service only. Newer ETI trolleys can easily be found of course and the New Flyer E60's are still fairly solid in numbers and can easily be found.

The F Line is probably one of the coolest ideas in modern streetcar operations. Lots of beautifully resotred streetcars zipping up and down Market Street/Waterfront. The cable cars of course were cool too.

Nice! Glad you had a good time Kevin! Can't wait to see your pics!

Guest M. Wright

Did you ride the BART or CalTrain well you were down there at all?

Also did you ride inside the MUNI Metro under Market Street? It's pretty neat isn't it?

I made a trip to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful city with a transit system to die for. Here are some shots:

A Neoplan artic on Market Street

MUNI6201_Market_Cyril_Magnin.JPG

One of the historic PCC cars on the F line

MUNI1056_Market_Cyril_Magnin.JPG

A cable car at the Beach end of the Powell-Hyde line

MUNI21_Hyde_Beach.JPG

A Muni Metro streetcar on West Portal Avenue on the M line

MUNI1499_West_Portal_San_Anselmo.JPG

The Flyer E800 trolleybus we chartered that weekend. I love the destination sign exposure :)

MUNI5300_Presidio.JPG

An ETI Skoda Trolley bus on 4th street running route 30

MUNI5636_4th_Brannan.JPG

A Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District 30 foot RTS bus

GGT507_Marin_Terminal.JPG

A SamTrans NABI artic outside the Transbay Terminal

SAMT143_Transbay_Terminal.JPG

An AC Transit highway coach in Fremont on the SB line

AC6068_Thorton_Newark.JPG

A four car BART train at Civic Centre station on it's way to Dublin/Pleasanton

BART355_Civic_Centre.JPG

Hope you enjoy these, as I've used up most of my attachment space :D

Guest M. Wright

I made a trip to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful city with a transit system to die for. Here are some shots:

A Neoplan artic on Market Street

MUNI6201_Market_Cyril_Magnin.JPG

One of the historic PCC cars on the F line

MUNI1056_Market_Cyril_Magnin.JPG

A cable car at the Beach end of the Powell-Hyde line

MUNI21_Hyde_Beach.JPG

A Muni Metro streetcar on West Portal Avenue on the M line

MUNI1499_West_Portal_San_Anselmo.JPG

The Flyer E800 trolleybus we chartered that weekend. I love the destination sign exposure :)

MUNI5300_Presidio.JPG

An ETI Skoda Trolley bus on 4th street running route 30

MUNI5636_4th_Brannan.JPG

A Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District 30 foot RTS bus

GGT507_Marin_Terminal.JPG

A SamTrans NABI artic outside the Transbay Terminal

SAMT143_Transbay_Terminal.JPG

An AC Transit highway coach in Fremont on the SB line

AC6068_Thorton_Newark.JPG

A four car BART train at Civic Centre station on it's way to Dublin/Pleasanton

BART355_Civic_Centre.JPG

Hope you enjoy these, as I've used up most of my attachment space :D

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Couldn't say anything other then stm_5307N already said except, That exposure is cool!!! Are you sure that's a real exposure? Because I LOVE IT!!!

Couldn't say anything other then stm_5307N already said except, That exposure is cool!!! Are you sure that's a real exposure? Because I LOVE IT!!!

You mean the BART shot? I rested the camera on the handrail at the bottom of a stairway (which thankfully had a flat surface for me to put the camera) and took it on long exposure. Fortunately it was a 4 car train... had it been any longer I wouldn't have been able to get the front end in the shot.

What was also really cool is they don't care about photographers in the system. I called BART and asked before I left to see what their policy was, and the employee told me that it's perfectly allowed, and that she hadn't heard of anyone encountering problems in that regard. BART is apparently used to railfans, they even offer an excursion pass where you can get on, ride around, and leave the system at the same station you entered (since they employ a zone fare system).

Guest M. Wright

You mean the BART shot? I rested the camera on the handrail at the bottom of a stairway (which thankfully had a flat surface for me to put the camera) and took it on long exposure. Fortunately it was a 4 car train... had it been any longer I wouldn't have been able to get the front end in the shot.

What was also really cool is they don't care about photographers in the system. I called BART and asked before I left to see what their policy was, and the employee told me that it's perfectly allowed, and that she hadn't heard of anyone encountering problems in that regard. BART is apparently used to railfans, they even offer an excursion pass where you can get on, ride around, and leave the system at the same station you entered (since they employ a zone fare system).

No I ment the E800 shot but that's cool!!! So is it like the underground in london where you have to insert you ticket into the machine to leave? Because if it is, well I guess it won't let you out at any other station will they?