DATS Contracted Vehicles

A. Wong

• Board Admin

I'm starting to keep track of DATS contracted vehicles operated by Laidlaw (ie. white vehicles with blue checkers, low fleet numbers, wheelchair / ETS logo on a magnet).

If anyone has shots of them and doesn't know what make/model it is, please post them here. ;)

Otherwise, feel free to post sightings! :)

• Board Admin

Yup, (back in the day) Yellow Cab, Prestige Cabs, Barrel Taxi Ltd. and Checker Cabs (Edmonton) Inc. comprised Laidlaw's taxi fleets.

Interesting note that all the Corbeils were actually first delivered to Laidlaw, before ending up in the Ferrier compound!

• Board Admin

I'm starting to wonder if the Sky Shuttle vehicles are numbered within the DATS ones. I guess we'll find out with more tracking, but so far I have noted 42 and 31 as being Sky Shuttle vans. I forget the numbers of those new cutaways they have.

• Board Admin
So are we supposed to start taking pictures of these things for the roster?

Photos would be nice but information is good too. :) Usually I spot them while I'm driving so I can't take photos.

Like Mike said, it's another option - and at least it's still kind of transit related. :P

• Board Admin

Some people here owe me photos. :P

On the topic of Sky Shuttle, until we get some overlapping numbers, 50 is a newer Diamond Coach! Longer one than the DATS ones of course though.

66 is a 2001-2005 Chevrolet Venture.