A. Wong

DATS Contracted Vehicles

I'm starting to keep track of DATS contracted vehicles operated by Laidlaw (ie. white vehicles with blue checkers, low fleet numbers, wheelchair / ETS logo on a magnet).

If anyone has shots of them and doesn't know what make/model it is, please post them here. ;)

Otherwise, feel free to post sightings! :)

Umm I think those are actually operated by yellow cab. We have a lot of people that arrive to work via them. I passed the driver to on my way in and he was wearing a yellow cab shirt.

Yup, (back in the day) Yellow Cab, Prestige Cabs, Barrel Taxi Ltd. and Checker Cabs (Edmonton) Inc. comprised Laidlaw's taxi fleets.

Interesting note that all the Corbeils were actually first delivered to Laidlaw, before ending up in the Ferrier compound!

Ahh didn't know they were part of Laidlaw.

Actually that'd explain all the wrecked cabs in the southside Laidlaw yard.

Had a Toyota one at work today... I was upstairs and looking straight down on it, but I'm guessing it's a Sienna. Not sure on the unit number though. May have been 59.

Is this kinda what we're looking for?

Yup. Interesting, that one is a 2001-2004, and 52 is a 2005-2007.

I'm starting to wonder if the Sky Shuttle vehicles are numbered within the DATS ones. I guess we'll find out with more tracking, but so far I have noted 42 and 31 as being Sky Shuttle vans. I forget the numbers of those new cutaways they have.

So are we supposed to start taking pictures of these things for the roster?

Photos would be nice but information is good too. :) Usually I spot them while I'm driving so I can't take photos.

Like Mike said, it's another option - and at least it's still kind of transit related. :P

I totally agree - usually I only catch the back ends of the vans, so I have to put 1996-2005 for those Chevy Ventures.

Some people here owe me photos. :P

On the topic of Sky Shuttle, until we get some overlapping numbers, 50 is a newer Diamond Coach! Longer one than the DATS ones of course though.

66 is a 2001-2005 Chevrolet Venture.

73 is a Pontiac Montana (not SV6) also.

Also saw an ex-DATS Chevy Venture yesterday - no fleet number, but had the blue checker stripe!