Unitrans Enviro500

• 7 months later...
generally, what route will double decker buses serve?

line B, E, F, and G according to the bus schedule in unitrans site, and double decker service is only available during weekdays regular quarter period.

Very nice, I like the livery.

Funny, I don't know if Davis County is fall under Southern California, it seems they are still exempted using clean diesel for DD.

I think you're talk about the requirement for CNG. Davis is in Yolo County, near Sacramento. TA's in the Sacramento area is actually some of the most frevently CNG agencies outside Southern California. My guess is that the Sacramento area is pretty pollution-prone (Please correct on this count.) Both Sacramento RT and Yolobus operates significant fleets of CNG buses (Orion V's, VII's and VII NG's for both and NABI 40-LFW for the latter). Placer County Transit and Roseville Transit at suburban Sacramento also uses CNG Orion V's; though the latter has recently defected to clean-diesel Gillig for both local and comutter buses. The Enviro500's at Unitrans are clean-diesel buses as well.

>The Enviro500's at Unitrans are clean-diesel buses as well.

I'd heard that Davis wanted CNG 'deckers but there's a problem - where do the tanks go?

There are CNG double decker buses in operation in Beijing -- it's definitely possible. I don't know how they've engineered the tanks, though...

• 2 weeks later...

I just found some stuff about those E500s in Davis

Actually this was a little old information but you guys may consider as a reference

according to this link (http://unitransalumni.org/bb/viewtopic.php?id=118),

it said that the second of Unitrans E500s would be delivered to Davis in March

Anyone knows if the 2nd one has arrived Davis or not?

I hope I can see those next month, ha ;)

Unitrans has a history of purchasing double-decker buses, so the Enviro 500 is a logical step. (They also have Routemasters and other double-deckers from England.)

They dont have any Routemasters, they have RT's which was the type of bus produced mainly fot London prior to the Routemaster.