Sault Ste Marie Transit

t_harris01

On 9/9/2021 at 5:00 PM, MiExpress said:

132 is in service this afternoon on route 5 according to TranSee. 

It could have been 131 i dont remember.

133 Was being used as a Driver shuttle the other day or so

E-YoMJcX0AAOO-t (1).jpg

The Final New Flyer XD40's had arrived that same day of that photo up above

E-Yphm4XsAEnF8G.jpg

E-YphpzXsAQHZgE.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone Know if This Means Sault Transit Is Getting an Extra X35 Bus, Unknown Model but New flyer is the only company that sells 35  Footer's in canada that Sault Transit Has Ordered from so only the time can tell? (Not into smart stuff so im just guessing)

image.png

Also All Of The Xcelsiors have entered service, as of this time of me knowing, and some of them have Full Advertisement Wraps on them, to my Knowledge, one is wrapped in an arby's wrap and my mother told me one was wrapped in a Green For Life Livery

39 minutes ago, SaultTransitBuses said:

Anyone Know if This Means Sault Transit Is Getting an Extra X35 Bus, Unknown Model but New flyer is the only company that sells 35  Footer's in canada that Sault Transit Has Ordered from so only the time can tell? (Not into smart stuff so im just guessing)

image.png

Also All Of The Xcelsiors have entered service, as of this time of me knowing, and some of them have Full Advertisement Wraps on them, to my Knowledge, one is wrapped in an arby's wrap and my mother told me one was wrapped in a Green For Life Livery

They are not the only ones who make the 35 foot. BYD, VMC and ADL also offers the same. This is a tender for ine 35 foot bus. Who ever wins the tender will supply the bus.

50 minutes ago, G.A said:

They are not the only ones who make the 35 foot. BYD, VMC and ADL also offers the same. This is a tender for ine 35 foot bus. Who ever wins the tender will supply the bus.

So basically We could get any Bus including electrics so this is basically opening a door for Electric Buses 

I'll be sure to keep ya'll updated on this as it develops!

58 minutes ago, SaultTransitBuses said:

So basically We could get any Bus including electrics so this is basically opening a door for Electric Buses 

I'll be sure to keep ya'll updated on this as it develops!

No it would specify if it was electric.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, MiExpress said:

Sault Ste Marie will be getting 3 Nova LFS next year using the Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative. Due to the fact that pricing came in higher than budgeted, the procurement of one parabus will be deferred.

https://saultstemarie.ca/Cityweb/media/City-Clerk/Council-Agendas/2021/2021_10_25_Agenda.pdf?ext=.pdf (pages 96 and 97)

How did you find the fact that they are using the Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative?