Sault Ste Marie Transit

t_harris01

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed a new tender on the City of Sault Ste Marie's website:

Downtown Trolley / Alternative Novelty Transportation

Not much more information is available, as it is a "Request for Information", so just looking for proposals at this point. But it sounds like the City is interested in setting up some sort of a downtown tourist shuttle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone Know if This Means Sault Transit Is Getting an Extra X35 Bus, Unknown Model but New flyer is the only company that sells 35  Footer's in canada that Sault Transit Has Ordered from so only the time can tell? (Not into smart stuff so im just guessing)

image.png

Also All Of The Xcelsiors have entered service, as of this time of me knowing, and some of them have Full Advertisement Wraps on them, to my Knowledge, one is wrapped in an arby's wrap and my mother told me one was wrapped in a Green For Life Livery

39 minutes ago, SaultTransitBuses said:

Anyone Know if This Means Sault Transit Is Getting an Extra X35 Bus, Unknown Model but New flyer is the only company that sells 35  Footer's in canada that Sault Transit Has Ordered from so only the time can tell? (Not into smart stuff so im just guessing)

image.png

Also All Of The Xcelsiors have entered service, as of this time of me knowing, and some of them have Full Advertisement Wraps on them, to my Knowledge, one is wrapped in an arby's wrap and my mother told me one was wrapped in a Green For Life Livery

They are not the only ones who make the 35 foot. BYD, VMC and ADL also offers the same. This is a tender for ine 35 foot bus. Who ever wins the tender will supply the bus.

50 minutes ago, G.A said:

They are not the only ones who make the 35 foot. BYD, VMC and ADL also offers the same. This is a tender for ine 35 foot bus. Who ever wins the tender will supply the bus.

So basically We could get any Bus including electrics so this is basically opening a door for Electric Buses 

I'll be sure to keep ya'll updated on this as it develops!

58 minutes ago, SaultTransitBuses said:

So basically We could get any Bus including electrics so this is basically opening a door for Electric Buses 

I'll be sure to keep ya'll updated on this as it develops!

No it would specify if it was electric.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, MiExpress said:

Sault Ste Marie will be getting 3 Nova LFS next year using the Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative. Due to the fact that pricing came in higher than budgeted, the procurement of one parabus will be deferred.

https://saultstemarie.ca/Cityweb/media/City-Clerk/Council-Agendas/2021/2021_10_25_Agenda.pdf?ext=.pdf (pages 96 and 97)

How did you find the fact that they are using the Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative?

3 hours ago, SaultTransitBuses said:

image.thumb.png.615922f755e761250c535ba50684c8d9.png Just found the date out of the Terminal Relocation on the Funding Infrastructure Thing on the Canada Gov website.

925093324_E7OqT2bUcAQMaHB(2).thumb.jpg.df8523d71b911b01225f651fa424347e.jpg

Anyonee wanna bet that EX-TTC 1684 is Dead? its been sitting in the Depot for over a year to my knowledge, Last time i saw it in Service was 06-10-2020

i have only seen one shot of that 164 in service with SSM, guess it's just ACTIVE IN THE GARAGE all the time!

14 hours ago, Cimon8000 said:

i have only seen one shot of that 164 in service with SSM, guess it's just ACTIVE IN THE GARAGE all the time!

Or its dead, as the hybrid system was old when we received 1684 in May of 2019, and might have just lasted Sault Transit 2-3 Years time working, before it probably just died. and probably crawls around the facility/depot

30 minutes ago, SaultTransitBuses said:

Or its dead, as the hybrid system was old when we received 1684 in May of 2019, and might have just lasted Sault Transit 2-3 Years time working, before it probably just died. and probably crawls around the facility/depot

They haven’t got the parts or the proprietary diagnostic software, and calling in cityview all that way for a service call ever time it goes down would be financially irresponsible. The only reason it’s there was that it was practically donated to the city.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

They haven’t got the parts or the proprietary diagnostic software, and calling in cityview all that way for a service call ever time it goes down would be financially irresponsible. The only reason it’s there was that it was practically donated to the city.

well it was in service for a little bit.

7 hours ago, SaultTransitBuses said:

DSC02692.JPG 176 Has officially entered service marking as the final bus from sault transit 2020 order has been completed

DSC02694.thumb.JPG.f008fdea617200269401be044e408c1f.JPG also anyone know what this is, maybe you can figure it out and put it on the wiki page, TTC Guy?

31 is a paratransit bus which normally runs on demand, hence it has no LED display (I would be surprised if this actually was in fixed route service)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...