Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, JK-from-YYC said:

7998 (2007 D40LF) on the 86 this morning. Usually we only get Novas. 

That is a more common occurrence this signup, that block you mentioned is interlined with a 91 in the morning and does one round trip on the 86 afterwards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, downbeat said:

Just saw 6043 on Route 13 in the downtown core. (I’m imagining driving an artic through Mount Royal can’t be too much fun, eh? 😂)

Is VP short on D40LFs this signup? I saw 6017 on a midday 10 at the Calgary Tower last Thursday and thought it was weird to have an artic on such an underutilized route.

4 hours ago, downbeat said:

Just saw 6043 on Route 13 in the downtown core. (I’m imagining driving an artic through Mount Royal can’t be too much fun, eh? 😂)

Probably not lol. That said, I managed to snag a photo of it by sarcee road after I got out of class and seeing it was the next 13 heading out to westhills from MRU.

B67BEE98-0DB0-4E96-9A89-C96D7A326834.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Last night I went to a football game at McMahon stadium, and I was leaving, there were a couple D60LFRs at Banff Trail destined for 39 Avenue. Has Calgary Transit done this before, where they'll run shuttles from Banff Trail on a game day to wherever the train starts? I thought it was a pretty good idea

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blake M said:

Last night I went to a football game at McMahon stadium, and I was leaving, there were a couple D60LFRs at Banff Trail destined for 39 Avenue. Has Calgary Transit done this before, where they'll run shuttles from Banff Trail on a game day to wherever the train starts? I thought it was a pretty good idea

This usually happens in the rare event that there is an overlap with a major event and a scheduled service disruption. 

• Like 2

Speaking of the Ctrain disruption last night I was at 39 Ave station and there was D40lf 8014 sitting in the parking lot which I assumed to be a standby bus for the Ctrain shuttles, around 6pm 8014 left the station and around 5 minutes later arboc 1215 came and parked in the lot which I assume to be a standby as well, is it what I think it is or is it something else 

6 minutes ago, armorand said:

6061 on the 82, at 10am. Seems a little extreme, unless the 82 really does fill up those five-dozen seats like crazy, outside of rush hour...

Hmm I’m pretty sure the 82 has always had an artic block on weekdays (all day).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Correct.  In fact, the 82 has had that all day artic block since at least the fall 2020 signup.

And pre covid

8 hours ago, armorand said:

6061 on the 82, at 10am. Seems a little extreme, unless the 82 really does fill up those five-dozen seats like crazy, outside of rush hour...

You have to remember though, there sre certain situations on certains routes in certain locations where it is more viable to keep larger vehicles out all day then have one come put, deadhead a smaller one to and from, only to deadhead another 1 four or 5 hours later. All it takes is the bus to fill up or overlod during the am and pm rush hour and its financially sustainable for the rest of the day. They strategically schedule it to catch schools right before entry and shortly after dismissal to maximize utilization.

Im sure shuttle buses would be more appropriate based on passenger load on many of our routes mid day as well…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, R. Meu said:

8314 on the 404 today…… Im pretty sure its been a very long time since that thing got a conventional.

Damn right!

Driver was super nice, had a little chat with her and told her about how the 404 hasn't got a conventional in many years, and even gave me a thumbs up in my photo!

Calgary Transit 8314 11-07-21.jpg

• Like 6