Jump to content
BCT-3122-D800-10240

Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, vicinity said:

7702 7997 and 7999 all out of Sg today not sure if these are permanent transfers yet or not, though I have a feeling 7996-8000 will be back at Sg for Monday 

Wouldn’t that leave AG/VP short?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

Wouldn’t that leave AG/VP short?

Not at all.  7702 as well as 7996-8000 are all Stoney vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

Wouldn’t that leave AG/VP short?

Stoney won’t be short either, they still have a hand full of 7600’s and they have brought in/bringing in 70 CNG buses. This is on top of the 40 previous, bringing the total number of units to 110. And if they do decided to scrap all the 7600’s that puts us + 22 buses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

Lol woops I read “7702-7797” I got really excited :(

I did type it weird, but yes that would deff leave VP short! Unless say 100 diesel Nova buses were moved there :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vicinity said:

7702 7997 and 7999 all out of Sg today not sure if these are permanent transfers yet or not, though I have a feeling 7996-8000 will be back at Sg for Monday 

I saw 7702 parked at SG back on Thursday morning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8038 on the 178

8083 on the 99

8321 on the 29

8227 on the 28

 

Probably because of the Winnipegers being parked

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8030 just passed me on the 40.

also saw 8013 on the 52 (I don’t think the 52 has seen a 40 footer for a long time)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yvarushin said:

8030 just passed me on the 40.

also saw 8013 on the 52 (I don’t think the 52 has seen a 40 footer for a long time)

It happened a few times last year, doesn’t happen often though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, R. Meu said:

It happened a few times last year, doesn’t happen often though.

Not scheduled though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6091 on the 23. Honestly never seen an artic on the 23, until 30 seconds ago...

On 3/29/2020 at 6:03 PM, Blake M said:

Yes it was weird seeing a big bus on the 52 again. I believe 2016 was the last time.

received_215036166482721.jpeg

Saw a 52 big bus last night at Somerset, definitely a weird sight to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, armorand said:

6091 on the 23. Honestly never seen an artic on the 23, until 30 seconds ago...

Many school trips on the 23 have artics (for the high schools along 52 Street in the northeast part of Calgary).  Not sure why an artic 23/145 is happening right now, my guess is a bus shortage as it seems to be a regular occurence with that block.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TechSpotlight said:

Many school trips on the 23 have artics (for the high schools along 52 Street in the northeast part of Calgary).  Not sure why an artic 23/145 is happening right now, my guess is a bus shortage as it seems to be a regular occurence with that block.

No bus shortage, this is likely a  preemptive strike to help with the implementation of new rules put in place on the number of riders per bus.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Many school trips on the 23 have artics (for the high schools along 52 Street in the northeast part of Calgary).  Not sure why an artic 23/145 is happening right now, my guess is a bus shortage as it seems to be a regular occurence with that block.

This was in McKenzie Towne, my bad, should've clarified.

Reminds me, I saw a fully seated, rush hour 148 yesterday too. Which is good for ridership, considering CT instituted those routes a couple years back, for industrial employment use. Nice to see it being used, especially much more than I've seen on the 149 and 150. 

However, I'm sure that with the overkill personal spacing and all, I probably won't be seeing that again, until this things completely over... 😕 but then again, maybe we'll all get to see an artic on the 148?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, R. Meu said:

8063 on the 81 till 19:00 today.

8015 on the 406 last night - at 10:15pm, haven't seen that in months. Also rattled like crazy... almost felt like I was in a D40 for most of the ride. 

I'm curious, whens the last time the 81 had full-sized buses on the route? I've seen Peter post Orions on the 81, on his site from two decades ago, but thats the only time I've ever seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, armorand said:

I'm curious, whens the last time the 81 had full-sized buses on the route? I've seen Peter post Orions on the 81, on his site from two decades ago, but thats the only time I've ever seen it.

The 81 in it's old form used to go to big bus each summer signup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick B said:

The 81 in it's old form used to go to big bus each summer signup.

I remember that, dug around for a photo, here is one from July 2014, a 2007 D40LF departing Chinook Station on the Route 81 MacLeod Trail.

 

7989-2.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8115 on the 104

I get that it’s temporarily a SG bus, but I don’t think we’ve seen a Nova out since SF opened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...