Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

And it was for sure in service? I saw that bus sitting outside diesel shop with a B/O Saturday morning and i know they have diesel shop staff working weekends.

I didn't see any people in it. It was going down McLeod between willow park and Anderson road as a "56" on it's sign.

I didn't see any people in it. It was going down McLeod between willow park and Anderson road as a "56" on it's sign.

That sounds more like a mechanics road test to me then. They don't always make sure the sign shows Out Of Service when they take them out....

That sounds more like a mechanics road test to me then. They don't always make sure the sign shows Out Of Service when they take them out....

Oh okaaay. Well it was pretty convincing xD

Did you see it coming out of the Anderson bus terminal area?

Nooo, I was listening and looked up and saw it go up the ramp from McLeod to WB Anderson Rd as the 56 (it had 56 on its destination sign).

A road change off yesterday has resulted in 7661 having a play date at victoria park this weekend. Found itself on 7-141 tonight.

Oh it must be the summer! Multiple classes of shuttle to big bus going on, and therefore shortages of shuttle operators...meaning, conventional buses on unsigned shuttle work. Keep your eyes peeled. There are nearly a dozen out tonight.

What was even weirder was seeing a route 10 show up at Saddletowne last night around 5:40pm. For those who know the route, that's waaaaay off route.

More likely is the operator of the bus set the number and didn't go into Out of service before he got into the terminal to drop everyone. Is there a 66 or 176 that ends at Saddletowne and then goes to run a route 10?

As per what Gsgeek540 said above this post, the 174 was also affected by shuttle shortage today. Spotted an unknown D40LF (2003-2007 model year) on the 174 just a couple of minutes ago.