Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

On 11/4/2019 at 5:32 PM, TechSpotlight said:

Keep in mind 999 is the key code for OFF.  Besides that, there are no easy leads to what route it could have been on.

On 11/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, downbeat said:

A bus passed me about 30 minutes ago displaying Route 999 but no destination. It was carrying passengers (including some young kids) going westbound on 6th Avenue x 2nd Street S.W. Anyone know what this might have been?

I didn't get a good look at it but it was an older model with flip dot displays.

Looking into this further, the bus could have likely been on a charter.  Yesterday, another member of this board spotted at City Hall yesterday with signs saying OFF.  This is likely what you saw Monday.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 12:21 PM, Vancouver said:

How well does an artic work at the Airport considering how short the bays are? According to T55, 6076 is doing the 100 today probably because of the snow?

I checked into it tonight, it appears that the artic had no issues with turn radius into the bus bays; though I did notice that he was pulled off to the side by the parkade structure just before the crosswalk to the parkade whenever he had an extended wait. I imagine that was likely to prevent that back lane from being blocked.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Forgot to mention earlier … but I spotted airporter bus 8307 operating on Route 305 during today’s pm rush. 

Airporter buses dont nessisarily always have to be on the 100/300.  If an airporter bus isn't being used, they'll send it out on a normal SG run.  However, all day 300 runs are usually given priority to the airporters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Airporter buses dont nessisarily always have to be on the 100/300.  If an airporter bus isn't being used, they'll send it out on a normal SG run.  However, all day 300 runs are usually given priority to the airporters.

Ah, cool! I’d never seen this happen before. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite out of ordinary, but more like less-than-normal: there were three Route 3s parked together at 6 Ave x 2 St SW.

It was a very crowded bus bay! A few other buses made their stops here in the meantime, protruding into the intersection behind them.

Everyone was kicked off 6035 (now out of service) and moved onto 6006. 6008 was behind them. 

All three buses left together as I was typing this.