Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

8047 seen idling at 6 Ave/2 St SW operating as Route 1 Bowness. Was previously operating as Route 302 … Transit55 lists it as “Out of Service”. I suspect this is a rescue/floater of some kind, as three of the four Route 1 buses currently in service are suffering heavy delays. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, downbeat said:

8047 seen idling at 6 Ave/2 St SW operating as Route 1 Bowness. Was previously operating as Route 302 … Transit55 lists it as “Out of Service”. I suspect this is a rescue/floater of some kind, as three of the four Route 1 buses currently in service are suffering heavy delays. 

Fill trip for the westbound 2345 signal trip.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, downbeat said:

It just occurs to me there should have been five buses operating on Route 1 at that time of the night on a weekend. I guess the missing bus was an "out of ordinary non-spotting"!

As accurate as Transit55 is, it is only as accurate as the schedules that are published at the beginning of every schedule period. Frankly, assignments and blocks of work get recut on a daily basis for various reasons.

The way i see it, it is a Spring Gardens 40 foot bus on a Spring Gardens 40 foot block of work. It “could” be a number of things (breakdown, fill trip, recut work, etc). However, we are referring to an unnofficial schedule source to determine if thats the bus that “should” be there or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, downbeat said:

It just occurs to me there should have been five buses operating on Route 1 at that time of the night on a weekend. I guess the missing bus was an "out of ordinary non-spotting"!

It's probably just that the CAD was broken

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 11:51 AM, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Never seen this few shuttles active before (on a weekday)

Shuttle Vehicle Commitment Weekday Mid Day (0930-1400) is between 45 and 65 depending on when specifically. Take a couple shuttles with bad order CADs, or other reasons it may not show up on a third party source, and it is right on par.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

8297 is on a late night 111 block, which is normally serviced by shuttles.

EDIT: 8273 is on a late night 24/9 block, 8189 is on a late night 24 block, 8307 is on a late night 17/9 block and 8045 is on a late night 74 block.

EDIT (again): 8032 is on a late night 93 block.  Also, 7885 did a quick fill trip on the 111 after 1244 had some problems at Westbrook Station.

Edited by TechSpotlight

Just saw 6044 out of service near City Hall. Don’t often see articulated buses on the weekend anymore! (Outside of CTrain shuttle duty that is.)

EDIT: Saw a few more behind that one … garage moves to Stoney and/or Spring Garden, I presume?

30 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Just saw 6044 out of service near City Hall. Don’t often see articulated buses on the weekend anymore! (Outside of CTrain shuttle duty that is.)

EDIT: Saw a few more behind that one … garage moves to Stoney and/or Spring Garden, I presume?

According to @Gsgeek540, 6044 and up are (probably) now Stoney buses

I guess not really out of the ordinary with the new sheet, but interesting to see some of the assignments from Stoney. There were artics on a run of the 9 and 23 this morning because they were interlined with the 116. And a couple of 7600s on the 307 during the AM peak which probably makes sense since they were only out as AM trippers.