Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

Bus #1147 is on an all night run on route 6 today and is still out there as of about 10 minutes ago. Bus #5046 was spotted running on the route 23 around 8PM this evening and bus #945 was spotted running on an all day run of the route 40 as well today.

8012 on the 10 the other day out of vp and it has been out of vp for about a month and a half now, and 889 on the 414 yesterday all day run key 49

Bus #1148 was on the route 40 this morning on an all day run with a friend of mine driving it and about an hour ago I spotted #5109 running on the route 23 headed towards the N.E. on 50th Ave. in the S.E. near 52nd St.

5106 on the 10 all day and evening

• 11 months later...
I forgot to mention this, but about a month ago I spotted "Winnipeger" 7978 operating on the route 32 around 3 in the afternoon. I heard that there is an AG based run that does a trip or trips on the 32, but I have not seen any AG based units around there since.

That is rte 3k46. It leaves AG at 0540 at which time it starts Elbow/Canyon Meadows as Route 3 at 0550 until 1529 at Sandstone Terminal. At 1529 it goes out of service and starts in as route 46/32 rush hour combination at 78 Avenue Terminal 1540 until 1855 when it terminates at Rundle Station as a route 32. It then goes back to AG for 1935.

I would expect to see a good AG bus assigned to 3k46, but I know I have seen a few 7600 series on that particular key. Thats a good place to see the AG based 7900s.

Here is a possible future route of some sort that was stumbled upon.

For those that remember the 177 was actually a feeder route out of Brentwood Station, it was 177 Edgemont. It was changed and renamed 154 Hamptons in December 2003 when Dalhousie Station opened.

7745-5.jpg

... new summer signup starting today. Some shuttle service will be running as conventional service mainly monday to friday. Keep an eye open for GMCs or MCIs possibly.

Do you know which shuttles will be running conventional?

... new summer signup starting today. Some shuttle service will be running as conventional service mainly monday to friday. Keep an eye open for GMCs or MCIs possibly.

I saw a 7500 or 7600 D40LF running on the 429 this afternoon- I'll have to go through my pics to find the fleet number.

yes the 429 has a 40'ft bus on it every rush hr :P

Oops! Sorry about that, I must have confused it with another run as I thought it was shuttle peak only. Should have checked before I posted!

EDIT: Okay, let's try this again! I was in Oakridge this evening and heard 40footers going by on the 79 (the one that I did see was 7836, it was on the 1930 trip out of Southland), and I know for a fact (and I checked it this time, too :P ) that the 79 is an evening shuttle run.

I believe if you notice a shuttle route running with a key starting with a 9X it is designated for a shuttle, so if a big bus is running with a key 9X its suppose to be a shuttle run....correct me if I'm wrong. Anything other then a key 9X would be a big bus designation...

I believe if you notice a shuttle route running with a key starting with a 9X it is designated for a shuttle, so if a big bus is running with a key 9X its suppose to be a shuttle run....correct me if I'm wrong. Anything other then a key 9X would be a big bus designation...

Yeah you pretty much have that correct. However I have heard the odd 8X key number for shuttles as well. But not in awhile now.

• 2 weeks later...