Photo uploading problem

OC Transpo 8238

i think i can explain what ddhomer is talking about A.Wong.

The upload failed. Please contact a board administrator.

this popped up for a personal photo

DDHOMER i hope i could help with what you are talking about

i think i can explain what ddhomer is talking about A.Wong.

The upload failed. Please contact a board administrator.

this popped up for a personal photo

DDHOMER i hope i could help with what you are talking about

that's exactly it... I found a way to add a "display/avatar" picture in another menu... I'm not too sure what that "personal photo" is about... thank you...

• Board Admin

Yeah, I don't think the personal photo feature works too well. I've noticed some people had one up but I could never get it to work myself. ^_^

Most people are looking for the avatar settings.

With the next version of the board (which we will be upgrading to as soon as the software bridging the forum logins to the wiki is released), that should be fixed.

It seems that some threads with posts that have large pics in them seem forever to open on my computer. Is there something I can do from my end, or should the poster be resizing their pics before uploading them? Seriously some threads take 5-10 minutes to open if there are several 'large' pics on them.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having problems uploading images

Using the Attachment editor, I get an 'uploading file' message, and then the page returns to normal with no attachments listed.

Using the 'upload an image' feature I don't get a preview image, and the link supplied has the file name, but there is no image at the URL.

The images are fairly large, approx 2.5 Meg, so I wonder if the connection is timing out on me. (I'm using Firefox)

I have the same problem. When I try to upload a photo, it says that I have nothing attached. It's not the size because all of my photos are the same size and I uploaded some before, and it's not my browser because as I said, I was able to upload before. Also, this happens with both FireFox and IE.

I'm having quite a bit of problems. They started when the server move was made. My photos are just under 1MB and have worked before. What that uploader does it loads and loads and the goes blank.

That happened to me last night. I tried to upload a 1.85meg JPEG file and first it told me that i'm not allowed to upload that type of file. Then i tried again and it went blank. I resized it and it seemed to work when the image is now about 158k.

• 2 weeks later...
The "Upload an Image" link should now work fine for all photos, even larger ones directly off of a digital camera. It will resize to 1000 pixels wide now.

Tried both IE and Firefox and it still doesn't work for me. I guess I still have to resize them...

• 3 weeks later...