General FML moments

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found out that a new friend I have been speaking to on another forum for a few weeks online is unfortunately likely no longer with us. She made a post saying that she wanted to let her friends

Today, I had a moment I hadn’t thought about ever. But today really brought it into perspective. I was out walking and a kid I know who lives down the street was outside. Obviously giving ourselv

So, you complained about a free product that was as advertised and contained pepper? Good luck in life. It's going to be a long road ahead for you I suspect, especially if you think this is an "FML mo

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out earlier today.  Not feeling so great with all the mouth pain and the constant headaches from all the painkillers I have to take.

I remember getting mine out and never bothered me, was totally fine after. No pain after the sedative wore off. Saved the painkillers for when I had a bad headache or something. Of course that was a long time ago. I'm still a tough cookie, but not like I was 40+ years ago.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

City Recreation Facilities have suspended annual memberships until June 30, and will look at reactivating them after this time.  I have a feeling that pools will not open until then. This is a blow to the mental and physical well being of thousands of people.

• Sad 3

The summer/fall vacation request form at work just came out.  I don't know what to do with this in so many ways.

First off, there's an in house problem where the form's due back several days before outstanding vacation balances get updated.  Come on guys, this isn't rocket science, planning around an estimated amount of vacation time isn't fun, make it due after the HR department sends out all the time off balances, not before.

Externally, and these aren't the company's fault but they do make figuring out what time off to request more difficult, it's due back before any kind of picture emerges on what the football season looks like or even if there is going to be one, and what trolley museum activities are going to look like, if there are going to be any.

Other than taking the week of my birthday off, I really have no idea what to do with this.

• Sad 1

I got a nice letter from General Motors today:

Dear Wayside Observer,

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act.  This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect...

...parts to repair your vehicle are currently not available.

I couldn't stop laughing once I got to that part.  2020-2021 keeps on getting better and better.

• Sad 3
25 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

I got a nice letter from General Motors today:

Dear Wayside Observer,

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act.  This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect...

...parts to repair your vehicle are currently not available.

I couldn't stop laughing once I got to that part.  2020-2021 keeps on getting better and better.

Yeah  they might as well add “good luck” to that 

• 3 weeks later...

There was an RV storage place in York Region that had an old ex-London Transit Commission Orion V, one with a rear window, on their lot a few years back. I thought this would be a neat opportunity, as this is a significant gap in my photo collection.

Called them up this morning asking if they still have the bus.

They do not.

<_<

• Sad 1
On 3/27/2021 at 7:18 AM, PCC Guy said:

There was an RV storage place in York Region that had an old ex-London Transit Commission Orion V, one with a rear window, on their lot a few years back. I thought this would be a neat opportunity, as this is a significant gap in my photo collection.

Called them up this morning asking if they still have the bus.

They do not.

<_<

Quite frankly, if I was an employee/ owner of the storage lot, I wouldn't tell you if I have or do not have a specific vehicle owned by a customer in my lot, for the sake of the privacy of the owner, and my reputation.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Quite frankly, if I was an employee/ owner of the storage lot, I wouldn't tell you if I have or do not have a specific vehicle owned by a customer in my lot, for the sake of the privacy of the owner, and my reputation.

I should've clarified in the original post, I was told by a friend who visited some years back that the bus was for sale, and they let him take pictures. If it was owned by a client of the place I absolutely agree it would have been unprofessional to disclose the status of the vehicle.

6 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

I should've clarified in the original post, I was told by a friend who visited some years back that the bus was for sale, and they let him take pictures. If it was owned by a client of the place I absolutely agree it would have been unprofessional to disclose the status of the vehicle.

Indeed, that does make more sense!

• Like 2

On a less trivial, first world problems-y note, I'm pretty sure that by the beginning of the summer, my two best friends from work will both have left.

I'm happy to see them both moving up in the world, but I will be sorry to see them go, even so. :( A lot of people bemoan the evils of social media and the internet, and I grant that there are many, but I'm really glad that I'm alive during this era, as I'm able to easily stay in touch with them, whereas if this had happened pre-internet it would have been really easy to lose them forever.

• Like 2