vivablue5215

General FML moments

A few weeks back, I took three-days off for vacation as it was suggested by my boss and coworkers that I take some time off from work. Well my three-day vacation just got more expensive. I looked at my GPS for a second too long while driving in Downtown Edmonton for the airport for some spotting one early morning and ended up going through a red light which had a camera. Well the camera flashed. I wasn't too happy and expected a ticket. Sure enough, nearly two weeks after the incident, I received a $400 ticket in the mail. Since it isn't worth the hassle of fighting the ticket where I would have to go back to Edmonton, I'm just going to pay it at the Calgary Court Centre. As much that I admit my mistakes and take full accountability for my actions, let me just say this. F*CK PHOTO RADARS!

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

A few weeks back, I took three-days off for vacation as it was suggested by my boss and coworkers that I take some time off from work. Well my three-day vacation just got more expensive. I looked at my GPS for a second too long while driving in Downtown Edmonton for the airport for some spotting one early morning and ended up going through a red light which had a camera. Well the camera flashed. I wasn't too happy and expected a ticket. Sure enough, nearly two weeks after the incident, I received a $400 ticket in the mail. Since it isn't worth the hassle of fighting the ticket where I would have to go back to Edmonton, I'm just going to pay it at the Calgary Court Centre. As much that I admit my mistakes and take full accountability for my actions, let me just say this. F*CK PHOTO RADARS!

Aw crud, that sucks.  I don’t know if it’s the same in Alberta but in Ontario, since traffic light cameras can’t determine who was actually driving the vehicle, a heavy cash fine to the registered owner is as far as it goes because there’s no way to determine who should get demerit points.  The upshot is that as bad as paying that is, if it’s the same as here, it at least won’t show up on your driving record and cause your insurance rates to spike as well for years to come.

Was there a victim surcharge fee on the ticket as well?  Those are a load of baloney. I had a minor speeding ticket once which had that victim surcharge on it that’s supposedly to pay for help for crime victims. About eight months later my vehicle and most of its contents were stolen.  What the thieves didn’t take was dumped out in a parking lot.  The vehicle was recovered and the thieves did a number on it. Well then, as a crime victim looking at eating the costs of a replacement vehicle plus the stolen items since it was 21 years old and only had liability coverage on it, there was no insurance payout, so I went looking to see what assistance there was. And there was none. Of course. So, I started researching what the victim surcharge fee actually pays for and found nothing except vague platitudes about how nice it is that criminals like me coasting little too fast down a highway off ramp on the way to a gas station are being made to cough up to help out victims who have been so grievously wronged.  I could not find a single example of a service or form of assistance that was funded from these fees. Three words:  Government.  Cash. Grab.   It’s extortion, plain and simple, and if you actually do become a crime victim at some point, good frigging luck because you’re on your own.

Sorry for the rant.

This afternoon I was on the bus, minding my own business, when, completely out of nowhere, one of the frames of my glasses popped out! No reason at all.

I'm about due for a new prescription, but what a horrendously inconvenient time it chose!!!

13 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

I didn't ask for snow in September!

You are telling me. Here's my FML moment for tonight from this brutal weather. The off-ramp from my work to the Highway was covered in snow. I went around 30KM and ended up losing control of it and lost a piece of my rear light. Just south, going 50km a hour in a 80 zone, I crash once again, in a ditch. 

Let me just say this. I might like winter but fuck, do I hate winter driving and the snow. So at the moment I write this, I'm waiting for family to come get me and get the car out of the ditch. My luck has surely ran out. 

• Sad 4

The family pet fish (it’s really my sisters) died in the early morning hours today. It was a beta fish that my sister got for completing school a while back. My mom suspects that she had a fungus infection near the end of her life. She was buried under neath a shrub that was just planted today.

15 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

The family pet fish (it’s really my sisters) died in the early morning hours today. It was a beta fish that my sister got for completing school a while back. My mom suspects that she had a fungus infection near the end of her life. She was buried under neath a shrub that was just planted today.

You can easily over feed these fish. (Sometimes frozen green peas work as a laxative) Also, the PH level in the water has to be ideal. If they get constipated, they usually float to the top for a day until nature takes it’s course.

• Thanks 1

Grabbed a Metro paper from the box this morning. Found it a bit strange that there was only one left (which I nabbed !!!) at 0830hra. (They are usually gone after 1030, but never this early). Anyhow, I stuffed it in my bag, got to the coffee shop, opened the paper to the crossword and realized it was last Friday's paper. Feels wrong to sit with a coffee and not do the crossword.

^ Get old, but don't OVERDO the exercise. In today's society it's all about pushing it at the gym and the more is better. Just moderation, lots of rest and eat right. Cut out the junk, the smokes, and keep your drinks to a social one or two a week. I have been agonizing over an inflamed IT band which is a band of tendon connecting the hip (the ilia) and the shin (the tibia) for the past couple of years. This mostly afflicts runners (I can't run to save my life), but after using the same muscle groups in the pool for 40-50 years, the body is trying to tell me to slow down in that area.

I have a physio assessment tomorrow.

So, get old, but take care of yourself NOW. Don't go thinking you are invincible. REST is important. You don't have to hit the gym every day. Three days a week is ample.

• Like 1

On October 9, 2019 at 5:56 PM, Wayside Observer said:

My back is killing me.

Kids, a friendly word of advice: don’t get old!

Oh boy was I feeling old. Until I was ID'd at a liquor store and told I don't look 40. I'm not 40, but getting there... do I'll take that as a compliment! 

• Like 1