General FML moments

vivablue5215

On 8/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Tom1122 said:

I'm still going to Sault Ste. Marie. But I will be coming on the Ontario Northland bus and flying home.

Any idea where the yard where the tourist train is and how can I get there on transit. (I have ZERO intention on trespassing). 

That I don't know, but if you're still going up there and have time to explore around, you'll probably be able to find where the Agawa Canyon trains are stabled.

Last time I was in Sault Ste. Marie, it was for a football game at Rocky DiPietro field and I ended up with a concussion so I didn't do much the next day, just had breakfast at the hotel and rode back in the carpool so I didn't end up doing any of the other stuff I had planned.

The time when National Student Loans figures out how to address the issue regarding those that cannot remember their verification questions. To simply use a banking login and the info will be verified through there and to setup a new online account and password verification questions.

Except, the system locks me out once I complete the necessary steps saying "you will be unable to login for 24 hours. For assistance, call x number between 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM Monday to Friday." Of course being the Labour Day long weekend, if it doesn't resolve itself then I would have to wait until Tuesday morning. 

Really would like to stop requesting a form be mailed out to me every 6 months for repayment assistance. Considering that checking their Twitter account and there are already technical issues with logging in. When COVID-19 occurred last year and the end of the grace period, it took several weeks to get the form in the mail. Sending it back immediately and then asked for proof of income which somehow was given on such short notice. 

At least there is a resolution for those that don't remember or forgot to save the info for their personal verification questions. Two-step verification was needed a very long time ago which would have addressed the issue knowing that there are ways to crack that info. Hopefully the technical issue will end once I can finally authenticate. 

After so much frustration trying to unlock my National Student Loans account, I finally was able to unlock it after getting my questions correct and then immediately shifted to two-step verification to avoid the situation with personal verification questions. Considering that if I was unable to access my account, I would have to phone in and get a paper application sent and mail it back within 30 days. Of course, if more information is required then they would request me to call and provide what is required.

Too much teeth pulling along with multiple calls to try and address the issue. Reminds me of the time when I got locked out of my online banking and being unable to verify over the phone since I don't have telephone banking setup, the only way is to visit a branch with photo ID to request a temporary password. Of course it is easier since it is a bank, but if it involves the government, it is a lot more difficult because they have a different process of handling certain matters.

At least I have my online access back. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

It's Friday heading into the long weekend, there's nothing urgent or pressing happening, so the three of us in the maintenance shop were talking and laughing and enjoying a relaxed morning.  We were, until the manager stomps in and reams us out for the fact he can hear us in their meeting through someone else's microphone and tells us to keep it down.

The whole shop emptied out.  One of the guys disappeared somewhere, another went for a cigarette and I can tell it's going to be a long one, and I've gone and disappeared.  Way to torpedo shop morale.  Way to torpedo shop productivity.  People were happy and working until this happened and now the life's been sucked out of everyone and nobody's going to be doing anything except killing time until the long weekend starts.  Good work, Mr. Manager!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

It's Friday heading into the long weekend, there's nothing urgent or pressing happening, so the three of us in the maintenance shop were talking and laughing and enjoying a relaxed morning.  We were, until the manager stomps in and reams us out for the fact he can hear us in their meeting through someone else's microphone and tells us to keep it down.

The whole shop emptied out.  One of the guys disappeared somewhere, another went for a cigarette and I can tell it's going to be a long one, and I've gone and disappeared.  Way to torpedo shop morale.  Way to torpedo shop productivity.  People were happy and working until this happened and now the life's been sucked out of everyone and nobody's going to be doing anything except killing time until the long weekend starts.  Good work, Mr. Manager!

https://youtu.be/lFrTZe-wQPI

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pigeons waiting to descend upon my balcony. I enjoy feeding the little birds, sparrows, blue jays, purple finches and nuthatches, even magpies are adorable.  But these evil demon vacuum hose nosed birds are a pain. The joys of urban living I suppose.  I've counted upwards of 30 on the utility wire at one time.  They also perch on the top of the turret. Like a scene out of 'Birds'. Hitchcock was wrong about crows, should have been pigeons in the movie.

Photo3216.jpg

Photo3217.jpg

Woke up this morning to thinking there was a shooting outside my house only to find out a bunch of craft beer that I just bought exploded and red beer all over the carpet around 4AM this morning. Took over 30 minutes to clean up. When I bought this stuff five days ago, I was given a firm warning that the beer will explode in around a month if not consumed by then due to pressure from the carbonation. (This is a experimental brew which they have a lot of work to make it work) They didn't even last a week. I took the remaining cans that didn't explode outside. They were so unstable where when I popped them open, foam spewed out for a good 30 seconds. I did manage to save around 3-4 cans worth in a jug with the lid loosely on. So I guess I'm drinking what's left tonight. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Greatcoinz said:

a bunch of craft beer that I just bought exploded and red beer all over the carpet around 4AM this morning. Took over 30 minutes to clean up.

That is terrible.  I stopped buying beer to take home.  I drag my sorry ass to a pub and drink draught beer. I find it tastes better than canned or bottled, and I am less likely to over indulge.  Not as convenient as having a few soldiers chilling in the fridge, but my best drinking days are behind me now.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, captaintrolley said:

Pigeons waiting to descend upon my balcony. I enjoy feeding the little birds, sparrows, blue jays, purple finches and nuthatches, even magpies are adorable.  But these evil demon vacuum hose nosed birds are a pain. The joys of urban living I suppose.  I've counted upwards of 30 on the utility wire at one time.  They also perch on the top of the turret. Like a scene out of 'Birds'. Hitchcock was wrong about crows, should have been pigeons in the movie.

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I decided to take down my bird feeders.  I am leaving the peanut wreath up, the suet ball cage, and the heated bird bath to drink water from.  I feel bad for the chickadees, magpies, jays and squirrels that have become accustomed to my 'Balcony Buffet, but I have to put an end to the pigeon infestation. There are about three or four other condos with bird feeders so the chickadees will not be left high and dry. The squirrels, pies and jays are fine with whole peanuts. I will still scatter some noms on the ground for 'everyone', at least until my stock is depleted. Last year it was two or three pigeons, but it seems to have suddenly ballooned into about 30+ pigeons. 

Maybe in the spring I will put a feeder or two back up, we'll see.

peanut wreath.JPG

Think I will just give up trying to sleep altogether. This morning they were clearing our parking lot, so the guy in the little bobcat scraping the pavement in one direction and beep beep beep backing up and repeat.

Tonight the car club returned in the Manchester Square Parking Lot (there have been several complaints and the cars have not been around for a month or two, but they're back) and aside from lots of hooting and hollering, they are playing their car stereos full blast AND today they were shooting off fireworks.  The fireworks didn't last long and it was cool to have an unobstructed view without having to leave home, but the rest of the noise will probably carry on until 0100 or 0200 in the morning.

Room mate buggered up the new vacuum cleaner, already. Only two months old. Gotta take that in on Thursday. I DID have other plans for that day. FML. Seriously, she breaks everything she touches.

Edit:

Took the vacuum in today. Turns out there was a huge gob of hair on the gear that turns the air driven turbo head roller brush.

Must tell room mate it is 'Air Driven' NOT Hair Driven.

Anyhow, it was a quick fix. I have a feeling I will be taking that attachment in for a 'hair cut' every few months.

• Haha 1