General FML moments

vivablue5215

6 hours ago, Gregory said:

I think I may have sprained my right foot. I'm thinking it was when I slipped after we had some freezing rain not that long ago. Guess I will have to pay a visit to the doctor on Sunday.

If you have indeed sprained it, and it is your ankle more than your foot, get an ASO ankle brace at a sport med store or somewhere similar. (ASO stands for Ankle Stabilizing Orthosis). Best product on the market. Google it for photos and videos on how to put one on.

• Thanks 1

No papers in the Metro box again today.

The mystery deepens. Just spoke with another tenant in my building. She said there were a ton of papers in the box at 0705hrs, but when she went to go to her car to go to work at 0800hrs there were no papers. So clearly we have a thief in our midst. This is very frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

No papers in the Metro box again today.

The mystery deepens. Just spoke with another tenant in my building. She said there were a ton of papers in the box at 0705hrs, but when she went to go to her car to go to work at 0800hrs there were no papers. So clearly we have a thief in our midst. This is very frustrating.

Someone's stocking up, I see.

For the second morning in a row, I've woken up with excruciating pain in my right shoulder. I've done some stretches, as I did yesterday, and managed to clear up most of it, which is good, but clearly I must be sleeping very wrong. <_<

9 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

For the second morning in a row, I've woken up with excruciating pain in my right shoulder. I've done some stretches, as I did yesterday, and managed to clear up most of it, which is good, but clearly I must be sleeping very wrong. <_<

I was getting that, but switched to a memory foam mattress and it alleviated the pressure and consequently no pain anymore. Novosbed has a sale right now, $100.00 off any mattress in March 2019.

• Like 1

Over the winter I applied for a paid internship at a newspaper in Slovakia. I did an interview with them on Friday and felt I'd done fairly well, but today they asked me to translate an English text (the company's mission statement) into Slovak, to see the level my writing is at. I just finished up and my prose is so sloppy that if I actually get the job I'll be amazed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

Over the winter I applied for a paid internship at a newspaper in Slovakia. I did an interview with them on Friday and felt I'd done fairly well, but today they asked me to translate an English text (the company's mission statement) into Slovak, to see the level my writing is at. I just finished up and my prose is so sloppy that if I actually get the job I'll be amazed.

You may be your own worst critic. I hope you get the position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My neighbors have company over which includes a number of children. They are making a ruckus, its so loud because they opened there window which is adjacent to my room and I have to get up and ready for classes in just over six hours. Currently using earplugs, its only blocking some of the noise.

I am not one to confront, but if they don't stop in the next half hour, I'm opening my window and yelling at them to be quiet or I'm calling the cops. I'm getting very frustrated at this point. 

22 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Once again, thanks to Metro Hall's stupid booking policies, I have to again scramble around with work in order to attend the TTS meeting which is now on a Tuesday. ?

This is an outrage!  You know that the TTS has been getting the use of that meeting room for decades now for free?  Who do those Metro Hall jerks think they are anyways, giving the TTS the runaround on free use of their facilities?  Don't they know who the TTS is?  They are the Toronto Transportation Society and they do not take kindly to anything upsetting the operation of their club especially when it comes to the provision of freebies.  I'm sure that once the executive committee brings the whip down swiftly and severely on whoever's to blame for this mess, the meetings will be back to their usual date and time and you won't have to bend gainful employment around your hobby's schedule any longer.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

This is an outrage!  You know that the TTS has been getting the use of that meeting room for decades now for free?  Who do those Metro Hall jerks think they are anyways, giving the TTS the runaround on free use of their facilities?  Don't they know who the TTS is?  They are the Toronto Transportation Society and they do not take kindly to anything upsetting the operation of their club especially when it comes to the provision of freebies.  I'm sure that once the executive committee brings the whip down swiftly and severely on whoever's to blame for this mess, the meetings will be back to their usual date and time and you won't have to bend gainful employment around your hobby's schedule any longer.

I can understand one or two times, but this has happened practically EVERY month since September. I have tried requesting multiple days off and yet I STILL have to deal with this. This didn't use to be a problem. 

19 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

I can understand one or two times, but this has happened practically EVERY month since September. I have tried requesting multiple days off and yet I STILL have to deal with this. This didn't use to be a problem. 

Firstly, you need to talk to the TTS executive committee about how Metro Hall is adversely affecting their members with this wild scheduling.  They won't stand for it and they'll deal with Metro Hall.  Woe to anybody who dares cross the Toronto Transportation Society.

Second, if you need to take unpaid time off work to be able to attend TTS meetings while the scheduling issues are being sorted out, you should consider applying to the various hardship funds Toronto has for a grant to offset the lost income.

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2019 at 8:43 PM, PCC Guy said:

Got a message today, I was not selected for the position.

• Sad 1

One thing union people need to understand is that when you go into the collective bargaining process, you represent all your members.  Not some of your members. Not most of your members. ALL of your members.  Trading away one group's rights on the altar of expediency is something that should never happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayside Observer said:

One thing union people need to understand is that when you go into the collective bargaining process, you represent all your members.  Not some of your members. Not most of your members. ALL of your members.  Trading away one group's rights on the altar of expediency is something that should never happen.

I hate my union.

• Like 1

I have a paragraph due tomorrow morning that I haven't started yet. Instead of working on that, I decided to compose the following copypasta:

My goals for this assignment are to write words. Typically, words help people do good on assignments. Without words, what would an assignment be? A bunch of punctuation marks? A blank page? Having words is arguably the most important part of any assignment - especially if it is a writing assignment. When is my favorite quotes on the subject is from the president of the United States, Donald Trump: “I have the best words.” Without words, that quote would just be some old guy moving his facial muscles around incoherently. Words are what Trump is going to use to destroy ISIS after Crooked Hillary broke the air conditioner due to climate change. To some this all up, my goals for this assignment are to not only replace the air conditioner, but also to write words. Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

• 3 weeks later...