General FML moments

vivablue5215

7 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Should've called them corn flake chips! I don't even like sweet potato chips anyway.

I don't like them either. However the 'Covered Bridge' brand that I got from Save On a few months ago were REALLY good.  Blew me away. Even another lady at the card club was eating them like there was no tomorrow. Since I could no longer find that same (Covered Bridge) brand I was hoping these might be as good. WRONG. 

On 06/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, captaintrolley said:

Since I could no longer find that same (Covered Bridge) brand

We stopped carrying them at RCSS. I did find them in a Dollar Tree for MUCH cheaper than RCSS, and I would imagine Save On. I don't know if it's all connected, but, I could see that the distributor either stopped carrying them, or both RCSS and Save On stopped carrying them, which then caused the distributor to dump the remaining inventory.

They were damn good chips. Expensive though. We often had them expire before they sold at my store. 

2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

They were damn good chips. Expensive though. We often had them expire before they sold at my store. 

That's too bad. I had never heard of that brand until recently. Maybe they just didn't market them properly.  Apparently that brand does better down east.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, RevEleven said:

LOL! The very same one! It's all good though, I am using an AT95E with my Pioneer PL12d and it's a far better match. Shure styli are too compliant for my heavy tone arm.

I forgot to state that my 'table is a Technics SL1600MK2.

• 3 weeks later...

The Captain speaking to you from her local library.

Internet is being stupid at home. Had internet last night. Nothing today. On the phone almost two hours with Telus this morning. Did a factory reset on the modem. Still nothing. Sending a tech over on Friday to switch me over to Fibre Optic internet because (according to the rep) my newer modem is not being supported very well by the old 'copper wire' system in my neighborhood. Whatever.

Why can't stuff just work without all these problems?  Unless I have internet when I get home (like if it miraculously comes on) I am going to miss my favorite radio program that I listen to every Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up this morning and found, to my displeasure, that Firefox had updated itself without my consent, leaving the majority of my extensions incompatible.

Adblock and NoScript (two security essentials) are not compatible and NoScript says they likely won't be for a few days, and an extension I used to "scrobble" to last.fm (a website where it tracks what music you listen to and spits out statistics and whatnot about your history) also isn't working. I basically can't go on the internet until these are fixed :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

I got the update too, but it always asks first.

I set it to that now. Considering how many times it's updated without me asking it to and the headaches it's caused in the past, you'd think I'd have learned far sooner than now to not have automatic updates, but alas!

• Like 1

I once borrowed a first-gen Microsoft Surface (RT) from my school and have to say it was nothing but junk. I could go more into this, but here's an example of what it did when I was using the crappy OneNote app from the Windows Store.

Here's what it looked like back then:
Image result for OneNote Windows 8 Store

And here's what it did to me:

image.thumb.png.198c44b472ce2beea5bde0f9aa7697c9.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Woke up this morning and found, to my displeasure, that Firefox had updated itself without my consent, leaving the majority of my extensions incompatible.

Adblock and NoScript (two security essentials) are not compatible and NoScript says they likely won't be for a few days, and an extension I used to "scrobble" to last.fm (a website where it tracks what music you listen to and spits out statistics and whatnot about your history) also isn't working. I basically can't go on the internet until these are fixed :lol:

The addon devs work pretty quickly so you might not have to wait long for your addons. Especially highly popular ones like the ones you used. I highly recommend switching to uBlock Origin for an adblocker. It has surpassed adblock in popularity and it is FAR more lightweight on resources. It also offers more 3rd party filters. I don't use noscript ot scrobble so I can't comment. I did use an addon called s3 google translator which was the ONLY translation addon that formatted INLINE like google chrome instead of opening up google translate in a new page. To be honest, the 2x speed improvement to the new Firefox Quantun (57) is worth the wait for updated addons. I did my own personal real life tests and found it to be EQUALLY as fast as Chrome and Edge. :D

• Thanks 1

Yeah I rather like the look of the new interface so far.

Upon further examination I found that it was only a pop up blocker that was not compatible with 57, and that the actual Adblock works like a charm, although I am intrigued by uBlock and I'll look in on that one when I get the time eventually. NoScript should be done pretty quickly and hopefully the scrobbler will be updated quickly as well; in the meantime I downgraded to 56. Hopefully I won't have to use that one for very long haha.

• Like 1

Whenever I scroll down on my Facebook app friends list now, it goes back up to the beginning of the list even though I was trying to go down. It never did this before. 

Also, when I updated my iPhone to iOS 11, for some reason Google started saving my searches even though I was signed out, and in Private mode. It does this on any browser. I then reset all my settings, however that did not fix anything. I ended up having to put all my settings back manually, and it's still not fixed now. It never did this in iOS 10. Great...

2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

They're watching you!

Were you referring to me? If so, I already cleared my website data and history, as well as switching cookies off to avoid saving searches. 

Caveat: I can't log in to CPTDB if I disable cookies on Safari, but to solve that issue, I switched to Chrome as I can both disable searches, and access the board at the same time.