General FML moments

vivablue5215

I had several FML moments today.

It all started at Metro Villa-Maria. I was walking, and a tree branch hit me in the forehead and knocked my hat off, which was annoying.

After that, while riding on the Metro, I had this massive nosebleed.

Be careful - one may lead to the other. :)<_<

Take care.

I had several FML moments today.

It all started at Metro Villa-Maria. I was walking, and a tree branch hit me in the forehead and knocked my hat off, which was annoying.

Next, I crossed the street to get some shots of some of our new buses, and when I crossed back, I noticed that the bottoms of my pants were covered with mud.

After that, while riding on the Metro, I had this massive nosebleed. I didn't have any Kleenex on me, so I had to cover the bottom half of mr face with my hand so that I wouldn't get my sweater dirty. Some people on the Metro were staring at me, but they didn't offer to help. I got off, went upstairs, and found some newsprint to clean myselff off with. A lady waiting for the bus then came over and offered me some tissues, which I graciously accepted. She had this very scared look on her face, and she asked if I had fallen. I told her that I didn't fall, and I thanked her for the tissues. Nice to see that there are some Good Samaritans out there.

I hope you're fine now. Nosebleeds can be serious.

This proves I'm not a morning person...

I spent the morning doing a lab assignment for my GIS class, and I had to write a report. I finished the report, but I decided I was gonna print the document later. So I shut off the computer.

But...

I forgot to save the document.

Guest GRT Kid

I went to the YMCA for the first time today. I f***** up my leg and now I can't hang out with my girlfriend who I can only see over the weekend. Now I have to go through ANOTHER FULL WEEK of SCHOOL to see her NEXT weekend.

And those who know me know that I HATE SCHOOL ! I know all kids say that, but not all kids are going mentally insane and have considered dropping out numerous times. I am sick of tired of going there and being called every word in the book, and UGH !!

• 3 weeks later...

So I have $5.00 in my wallet, and deciding I'm gonna hang on to that for tomorrow mornings coffee, I get a few things (milk, cereal, canned fish) from the corner store and whip out my debit card. Machine tells me " Limit exceeded". Clerk swipes and I try again. Same thing "Limit exceeded". Now I know I have money in the bank (just got paid today). The card doesn't expire until July 2013, so what on earth is going on?

I try the little ATM in the store and it gave me some weird message like 'service inoperable'. So I just got the milk and paid with the $5.00 bill that I had. I sure hope my card works when I go to purchase my coffee in the morning. I'd better pack some laundry quarters with me, just in case.

Worst part is my bank has such funky hours I can never get to it. It's always closed by the time I get off work.

It's a good thing I didn't go somewhere and have a meal with drinks and then experience card FAIL. (I was thinking about Rib-Night at Tony Romas tonight but decided I was just tired and wanted to head home after the pool).

So I have $5.00 in my wallet, and deciding I'm gonna hang on to that for tomorrow mornings coffee, I get a few things (milk, cereal, canned fish) from the corner store and whip out my debit card. Machine tells me " Limit exceeded". Clerk swipes and I try again. Same thing "Limit exceeded". Now I know I have money in the bank (just got paid today). The card doesn't expire until July 2013, so what on earth is going on?

I try the little ATM in the store and it gave me some weird message like 'service inoperable'. So I just got the milk and paid with the $5.00 bill that I had. I sure hope my card works when I go to purchase my coffee in the morning. I'd better pack some laundry quarters with me, just in case.

Worst part is my bank has such funky hours I can never get to it. It's always closed by the time I get off work.

It's a good thing I didn't go somewhere and have a meal with drinks and then experience card FAIL. (I was thinking about Rib-Night at Tony Romas tonight but decided I was just tired and wanted to head home after the pool).

Hey CT,

Im thinking maybe you have a card limit that limits the amount you take out/spend per day. Then after you go over the limit, it says you exceeded it. But I advise you to either call your bank (I have the TD Bank Easyline, I can call 24/7) or stop by tomorrow and ask for statements about what happened in your account. Keep us informed.. :angry:

I wore my older shoes yesterday which have holes in the bottom, thinking it was going to be nice all day. I leave my house and it starts rainign shortly after and I had puddles in my shoes. Today, I saw dark clouds so I wore my new ones. (Stupid, uncomfy Nike's that I bought at canada One Factory Outlet Malls..) <_<

Machine tells me " Limit exceeded". Clerk swipes and I try again. Same thing "Limit exceeded". Now I know I have money in the bank (just got paid today). The card doesn't expire until July 2013, so what on earth is going on?

Yeah, give you're bank a call. That sounds awfully familiar to what happened to me once when my bank shut down my card as I had used it at a place that had experience fraud. I noticed no fraud related to my card, but, they wanted to make sure it was me using my card, and that I had a new PIN in case my old one was compromised.

Incidentally, it was on my pay day too. I had similar weird messages... stuff about the network being down.

So, I changed my PIN after talking with another board member who had the exact same problem with the same bank.

Hey CT,

Im thinking maybe you have a card limit that limits the amount you take out/spend per day.

That's unusual for debit transaction to have a limit. Cash withdrawls, yes, that is common.

I have a six-digit PIN. Apparently you can have up to a 16 digit PIN, however Interac does not guarantee that a PIN longer than 8 digits will work everywhere.

I first learned about this when one of my customers was having issues making her debit card work. I looked at the pinpad and she had entered 5 digits and had not pressed enter. I told her that she had entered too many digits, but she said she had a 6 digit PIN. That night I stopped at the bank and changed it. It's great!

Yeah, give you're bank a call. That sounds awfully familiar to what happened to me once when my bank shut down my card as I had used it at a place that had experience fraud. I noticed no fraud related to my card, but, they wanted to make sure it was me using my card, and that I had a new PIN in case my old one was compromised.

Incidentally, it was on my pay day too. I had similar weird messages... stuff about the network being down.

So, I changed my PIN after talking with another board member who had the exact same problem with the same bank.

wouldnt be cibc or PC fiananical (who uses CIBC for banking services) by any chance? they seam to always have fraud issues ive had my card suspected being compromised quite a few times, im aware all the banks have fraud issues but CIBC seams to have a lot.

Scotia Bank. Card was compromised. Apparently I had used a machine that was suspected of duplicating numbers and was reported. I checked my account and there were no 'unauthorised' purchases. I'm getting a new card after work - working half my lunch hour so I can get to the bank before they close.

Apparently they tried to call me on Sunday night. Well, they could have left a message (but didn't) !!! <_<

It took me three attempts to open my mailbox this morning (it's a three-number combination with a single dial, and I usually miss one of the numbers and have to start over) — only to find that there was nothing in the mail.

I want the last two minutes of my life back.

This started a couple weeks ago but still bothers me:

Normally after my last class of the day (4:30) I try and rush across the field in front of the building it's in where the bus stop is located, it takes about 10 seconds and I can normally get the 4:30 bus as class tends to let out at 4:28 or, anyway after spring break I come back and find that they've fenced off the entire field for construction, it now takes several minutes to get to the bus stop, FML.

This started a couple weeks ago but still bothers me:

Normally after my last class of the day (4:30) I try and rush across the field in front of the building it's in where the bus stop is located, it takes about 10 seconds and I can normally get the 4:30 bus as class tends to let out at 4:28 or, anyway after spring break I come back and find that they've fenced off the entire field for construction, it now takes several minutes to get to the bus stop, FML.

ARRGGHH I hate when that happens.

I have a similar situation as above.

I usually have a 2 minute walk to the bus stop in all seasons. Now, I get out of school at 3:35PM. My bus goes by at 3:40. I can usually make it to my bus in the winter (Because their usually behind schedule). In the summer the buses can be running 5+ minutes ahead and I could miss my bus. That would cause me to run three blocks and try to "intercept" it. Well, if that fails, I got a nice 30 minute wait. :)

(But I guess you could say I'm "Waiting for 30 Minutes" :P )

Scotia Bank. Card was compromised. Apparently I had used a machine that was suspected of duplicating numbers and was reported. I checked my account and there were no 'unauthorised' purchases. I'm getting a new card after work - working half my lunch hour so I can get to the bank before they close.

Apparently they tried to call me on Sunday night. Well, they could have left a message (but didn't) !!! :)

So I got a new card. Took forever (30 minutes). I had to sign a paper four times because apparently my signature didn't quite match the one they had on file for me from 1982. OK, so my writing's gotten a bit sloppy over the years. Comes from having to sign stuff all day long at work.

While I was there I decided to open a Power Saver Account. This was suggested to me a while back, kinda put some of that 'nest egg' in an account with a wee bit higher interest rate.

I was told to go home and do it on line and then make an appointment to come in and sign some papers. (I knew it would involve a signature so I figured while I was there get it over and done with). I told the guy, "You have tons of computers can't we just do it here"? He says "We're not set up for it." I'm like "It's on your web site, so don't tell me it can't be done"

So after some hesitation he agreed to set it up for me (he just wanted to go because it was now closing time). So now the papers will be generated in Toronto and mailed to Edmonton. You'd think they could send it electronically, print 'em out here and voila. So now I will still have to go back at a later date and sign those papers.

After I got home and realized I should have ordered some cheques too.

You should have had some fun with the guy, and ask him to explain this "new-fangled internet thing" to you. :)

So I got a new card. Took forever (30 minutes). I had to sign a paper four times because apparently my signature didn't quite match the one they had on file for me from 1982. OK, so my writing's gotten a bit sloppy over the years. Comes from having to sign stuff all day long at work.

While I was there I decided to open a Power Saver Account. This was suggested to me a while back, kinda put some of that 'nest egg' in an account with a wee bit higher interest rate.

I was told to go home and do it on line and then make an appointment to come in and sign some papers. (I knew it would involve a signature so I figured while I was there get it over and done with). I told the guy, "You have tons of computers can't we just do it here"? He says "We're not set up for it." I'm like "It's on your web site, so don't tell me it can't be done"

So after some hesitation he agreed to set it up for me (he just wanted to go because it was now closing time). So now the papers will be generated in Toronto and mailed to Edmonton. You'd think they could send it electronically, print 'em out here and voila. So now I will still have to go back at a later date and sign those papers.

You should have had some fun with the guy, and ask him to explain this "new-fangled internet thing" to you. B)

That would have been hilarious. These on-line things always give me some stick, I don't get paid enough (at all) to fumble-muck through these things. Turns out he was even having problems and some 'fields' were kicking him out.

Worst websites...ETS, Rogers, Telus, Scotia.

He was also trying to get me to get a credit card. I said "Can't I just pay Ashton and he uses his card?" Kinda got a :):P from him.

I may have to break down and get one some day. I really don't want one because I've seen lots of other people have tons of grief over credit cards.

First the cheques.

That's unusual for debit transaction to have a limit. Cash withdrawls, yes, that is common.

My debit card has limits. Maximum transaction value of $500.00, maximum cash withdrawal $100.00, maximum weekly spending $1000.00

They're probably so low due to it being a youth savings account, plus my current lack of an income :)

My debit card has limits. Maximum transaction value of $500.00, maximum cash withdrawal $100.00, maximum weekly spending $1000.00

They're probably so low due to it being a youth savings account, plus my current lack of an income :)

Not necessarily. My card has a $400.00 ABM limit per day and $1500.00 weekly ABM limit. $1000.00 per day, $5000.00 per week debit limit and a $400.00 cashback limit.

I just found that out. I didn't know there were limits. I never spend that much during those time frames. I have to read over all the stuff he gave me with my new card.

i hate those kisoks pc financial has, since they can only do certain things, if your account is flagged they cant do anything other than say use the direct line phones. go figure, they can activate a new card, but they cant access why your old card was blocked i guess its for secuity reasons, but still its annoying i have to a talk to a customer service rep on the phone when i went to the kisok to solve my problem, i guess its a trade off for having a bank account with no fees

i hate those kisoks pc financial has, since they can only do certain things, if your account is flagged they cant do anything other than say use the direct line phones. go figure, they can activate a new card, but they cant access why your old card was blocked i guess its for secuity reasons, but still its annoying i have to a talk to a customer service rep on the phone when i went to the kisok to solve my problem, i guess its a trade off for having a bank account with no fees

Given captaintrolley's issues, it seems even being in a regular bank is pretty damn useless these days!