Hamilton Street Railway

You mean Wednesday April 4th or today Tuesday April 3rd?

it was 2 day... did you miss it? They were there till about 12 ish.

yes, there were 2 artics (0612, and 0614) and 1 41 footer (0604) there were 3 CH news vehicles, one was the big truck (means its live) they kept driving the busses around the block. i gott a video, and pics, but i dont have a USB for my cam, and i can only use librarys computer. if i get a usb, can i post the pics here? How can i do it? i think they are good pictures.... :)

Did any of you come?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do, as he is a trusted professional in the transit vehicle maintenance field. I agree with him that your post was rather pointless.

Your post is pointless. Then how would you like it if I deleted my account from this website?

I just retired, 30 years service, from MiWay (Feb 28/18).  Now I'm proud to say my son just got hired by HSR.  Starts training on Mar 12.

Posted Images

You mean Wednesday April 4th or today Tuesday April 3rd?

Sorry for the confusion regarding the date, but as everybody probably knows by now, the press conference was today.

After all of the speeches were over, one of the artics (0614) did a half of a revenue trip on the Beeline, westbound from downtown to McMaster University. Quite a few heads turned as the bus headed west on King Street.

HSR is hoping to have four artics on the road by Wednesday. I will post with an update tomorrow to let people know if they are in service or not.

Kevin

The Press conference was really good, and I finally got some pictures of not only the buses, but a Very good friend that I have missed a lot since I have moved.

I am going to upload the pictures of the buses to my site when I get the new usb cord for my camera on Friday.

Good to see some people from the board, today, Sherman was there as was Kevin N, I did not see anyone Else I recognized, but I also did not have very much time to hang around, I needed to get back here to Toronto.

I also got to meet the NEW FLYER reps, nice people, as well as meeting the seat designer, (the blue Fuzzy Seats)

Lots of good times.

Emily

As everyone has already posted, the trip was awesome. Artic 0614 and DE40LF 0604 were on hand for the "ceremony". When we returned after going around city hall, 0612 also made a brief visit. I think it returned to the garage before we left for Mac. The artic seemed to be having door problems both at City Hall and at Mac. The bus had to be cycled on and off a couple of times and the doors were being odd. I'm sure Kevin would know better what was actually up though.

Met some people off the site as well, didn't catch your names but I assume one of you was Kevin. Good meeting you guys. I'll have pictures soon, gotta go through and do some editing.

The Press conference was really good, and I finally got some pictures of not only the buses, but a Very good friend that I have missed a lot since I have moved.

I am going to upload the pictures of the buses to my site when I get the new usb cord for my camera on Friday.

Good to see some people from the board, today, Sherman was there as was Kevin N, I did not see anyone Else I recognized, but I also did not have very much time to hang around, I needed to get back here to Toronto.

I also got to meet the NEW FLYER reps, nice people, as well as meeting the seat designer, (the blue Fuzzy Seats)

Lots of good times.

Emily

Glad you had a nice time without the shower on the forecast. I was working today, I rather not afford to take dayoff.

Glad you had a nice time without the shower on the forecast.

Fortunetely, it was only a light drizzle by the time I came across City Hall. Too bad that it was 12 noon adn not 10am. I got caught up wiht other things this morning but otherwise, I would've been there. I managed to see about 2 CH Camera crews around City Hall around that time and I had asked them in case if the artics were around the back in case if I could get a good look at them. I would've been the guy with the oversized cane :P along with the Leafs cap and jersey. So easy to recognize.

Finally got a chance to see those new buses on the news tonight. My, I gotta say that especially the artics with the silver-base colour, it makes ti really stand out. I'm sure this would be a the big drawing point, even with the added capacity as it an artic bus, which would attract many more riders that would make the Beeline and the HSR's overall network more attractive.

Just the one thing Sherman. Hopefully those riders aren't as cruel as what they've done to previous buses currently in service... :)

After all of the speeches were over, one of the artics (0614) did a half of a revenue trip on the Beeline, westbound from downtown to McMaster University. Quite a few heads turned as the bus headed west on King Street.

HSR is hoping to have four artics on the road by Wednesday. I will post with an update tomorrow to let people know if they are in service or not. "Posted by Kevin N"

====================================================================

I'm sorry I messed up the "Reply" to the direct quote but this the most recent one by Kevin_N, just so that we all know which quote I'm replying to..

They were in revenue service for a half a run each? I'm assuming that they were put on the morning runs, with both of them finishing up at 10:30am or so. I was actually in a pretty decent spot to see one this afternoon, at King and James at around 3:30, waiting for my Burlington bus home.

Wednesday, eh? Would they be restricted to the Beeline route and only being seen during rush-hours? IN that case, it may be a great opprotunity to see one or even try to get a ride out of one of them! Can't wait.

On another note...Um, tomorrow...I'm considering on taking the Barton as one of the HSR routes to the Computer Course tomorrow. I'll be heading west along Barton from Parkdale to downtown at close to 11:30AM at Parkdale and to downtown at around noon. I'm wondering...would there be any Classics or V's still out there on the regularly-scheduled HF trips on the Barton? I have a feeling that thsi may be my only time I'll get a HF ride for...well, a REALLY long time, if ever. Thanks for the heads-up.

Fortunetely, it was only a light drizzle by the time I came across City Hall. Too bad that it was 12 noon adn not 10am. I got caught up wiht other things this morning but otherwise, I would've been there. I managed to see about 2 CH Camera crews around City Hall around that time and I had asked them in case if the artics were around the back in case if I could get a good look at them. I would've been the guy with the oversized cane :P along with the Leafs cap and jersey. So easy to recognize.

Finally got a chance to see those new buses on the news tonight. My, I gotta say that especially the artics with the silver-base colour, it makes ti really stand out. I'm sure this would be a the big drawing point, even with the added capacity as it an artic bus, which would attract many more riders that would make the Beeline and the HSR's overall network more attractive.

Just the one thing Sherman. Hopefully those riders aren't as cruel as what they've done to previous buses currently in service... :)

HSR is hoping to have four artics on the road by Wednesday. I will post with an update tomorrow to let people know if they are in service or not. "Posted by Kevin N"

====================================================================

I'm sorry I messed up the "Reply" to the direct quote but this the most recent one by Kevin_N, just so that we all know which quote I'm replying to..

They were in revenue service for a half a run each? I'm assuming that they were put on the morning runs, with both of them finishing up at 10:30am or so. I was actually in a pretty decent spot to see one this afternoon, at King and James at around 3:30, waiting for my Burlington bus home.

Wednesday, eh? Would they be restricted to the Beeline route and only being seen during rush-hours? IN that case, it may be a great opprotunity to see one or even try to get a ride out of one of them! Can't wait.

On another note...Um, tomorrow...I'm considering on taking the Barton as one of the HSR routes to the Computer Course tomorrow. I'll be heading west along Barton from Parkdale to downtown at close to 11:30AM at Parkdale and to downtown at around noon. I'm wondering...would there be any Classics or V's still out there on the regularly-scheduled HF trips on the Barton? I have a feeling that thsi may be my only time I'll get a HF ride for...well, a REALLY long time, if ever. Thanks for the heads-up.

Nick, I saw 8810 today as well as a 8900 (I could not see the fleet #)

ok, so it WAS NOT Sherman I saw today, oh boy, well I could tell he was Asian, (sorry I cant tell facial features too well) and had a nice camera, I recognized him, from the Fishbowl charter, but i could not think of his name, I was the Visually Impaired lady (white cane) I actually had my hair done nicely today, not in a baseball cap, was hoping to see you Nick, but oh well, will just have to come down again soon.

Nick, your chances of getting a Classic are pretty good but don't depend on an Orion V. They seem to be a very rare thing these days.

For those of you wondering who I was today, if you saw a guy wearing a leather trenchcoat and combat boots with a red backpack... that was me.

Nick, I saw 8810 today as well as a 8900 (I could not see the fleet #)

ok, so it WAS NOT Sherman I saw today, oh boy, well I could tell he was Asian, (sorry I cant tell facial features too well) and had a nice camera, I recognized him, from the Fishbowl charter, but i could not think of his name, I was the Visually Impaired lady (white cane) I actually had my hair done nicely today, not in a baseball cap, was hoping to see you Nick, but oh well, will just have to come down again soon.

It was either me or Adrian you saw, I was packing two cameras while Adrian only had one. I did see you, you were taking photos so I didn't want to intrude. Nice to see you and Wonka out there today. As for 8810 and the 8900, 8810 and 8902 were on the 51 University during midday (managed to get a ride on them both), so perhaps 8902 is the 8900 you saw earlier in the day.

Now here's what I got...

hsr0614510516.jpg

HSR DE60LFR 0614 with D40LF 510516

hsr0614.jpg

HSR DE60LFR 0614 with DE41LF 0604 parked in front of City Hall prior to the commencement of the ceremonies.

hsr0604.jpg

Last but not least, a better view of DE41LF 0604.

I also took some video while on board the inaugural run on the 10 Beeline Express. Enclosed is the url....

HSR is hoping to have four artics on the road by Wednesday. I will post with an update tomorrow to let people know if they are in service or not.

Hybrid Artics 0610, 0612, 0613 and 0614 all are in service on Beeline Express this morning (Wednesday). These are runs that are peak period only so they will pull into the garage after the morning rush hour. All four artics will probably be dispatched on the Beeline for this afternoon starting at about 1:00 PM or so.

40' Hybrid 0604 was also dispatched on a school extra this morning. It will probably be in service for the afternoon peak period as well.

Kevin

Hybrid Artics 0610, 0612, 0613 and 0614 all are in service on Beeline Express this morning (Wednesday). These are runs that are peak period only so they will pull into the garage after the morning rush hour. All four artics will probably be dispatched on the Beeline for this afternoon starting at about 1:00 PM or so.

40' Hybrid 0604 was also dispatched on a school extra this morning. It will probably be in service for the afternoon peak period as well.

Kevin

Did any GM artics make it out as well??

Would have made for a hell of a shot if one could have got a GM artic and DE60LFR together!

I wish I was there... But my holidays aren't until the end of May.

Wow, I didn't expect that the Artics (or the 40 foot hybrids) would be in service for at least another week as you previously said this week. I wonder how they're being accepted by the public and if they're being used to their full potential (crush loads?)

Did any GM artics make it out as well??

The GM artics have officially been withdrawn from the fleet. Bus 518206 is inside the garage today having the farebox removed, licence plates taken off, etc. Bus 518203 was withdrawn from the fleet about two weeks ago.

518206 was in service Monday afternoon, April 2nd so that is officially the last day of service for the GM artcis after 25 years.

Kevin

The GM artics have officially been withdrawn from the fleet. Bus 518206 is inside the garage today having the farebox removed, licence plates taken off, etc. Bus 518203 was withdrawn from the fleet about two weeks ago.

518206 was in service Monday afternoon, April 2nd so that is officially the last day of service for the GM artcis after 25 years.

Kevin

Are there any plans to donate the remaining buses to bus museums or have they already been sold to scrappers?

i belieeve they are..

They should be in service on the Beeline which operates during peak periods Monday to Friday (not this Friday since it's a holiday). I don't know what Hamilton Street Railway plans to run them on weekends, they may or may be running this weekend, but they should be in the near future.

They should be in service on the Beeline which operates during peak periods Monday to Friday (not this Friday since it's a holiday). I don't know what Hamilton Street Railway plans to run them on weekends, they may or may be running this weekend, but they should be in the near future.

Kevin had said they would be on 2 Barton on weekends.

Kevin

School extras?! I know what kids are up to! :lol: