Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

DE60LFR #0614 is back in service, spotted at Eastgate on the 1 this afternoon. This is the first time I've seen it since March or so when I saw it being towed away. It doesn't really look any different, aside from some significant staining around the exhaust pipe exit.

Tender for Supply and Delivery of 10 Heavy Duty High Floor 25 Foot Para-Transit Vehicles for the Hamilton Street Railway Company, Accessible Transportation Services

• Awarded Date: 07/04/2008

• Successful Bidder & Pricing Information: Overland Custom Coach Total Contract Price: $810,200.00

Great news! So what type of bus will they purchase? Will it be like the 0600 Ford vehicals? (I dont know the model of the bus), or will it be more ELF's?

DE60LFR #0614 is back in service, spotted at Eastgate on the 1 this afternoon. This is the first time I've seen it since March or so when I saw it being towed away. It doesn't really look any different, aside from some significant staining around the exhaust pipe exit.

You beat me to reporting it! I was shocked to see it downtown, and later, at Eastgate. What time were you at Eastgate, I may have walked by you! :blink:

The only differences I noticed, were dirty rims, and a nice scratch on the the passenger side. (between the front and middle door)

I noticed that I haven't saw an Orion VI ALL DAY today, I dont think any were in service today. Did anyone spot one?

Chris

Around 4pm. I stopped into Fortino's to grab a couple of things (which I barely ever do). Eastgate is certainly proving to be a great transit fanning spot these days. When my bus (0611) pulled in, it was one of 2 other artic's (0614 and 0610 being the others) all at Eastgate at the same time, with a couple of '08 D40LF's. Looked kind of cool. Now that I think about it, the King must have been way off schedule for all 3 to be there at once. I know that mine was continuing onto Fiesta Mall though...

Proposal for Professional Consultant Services Required for Hamilton Street Railway Operational Review

Award: Under Review

3 Submission(s) for contract # C11-48-08

Entra Consultants, Markham, Ontario

iTRANS Consulting Inc, Richmond Hill, Ontario

IBI Group, Toronto, Ontario

Proposal to Modify Two (2) Existing Bus Wash Racks at the Mountain Transit Center (Hamilton Street Railway)

Award: Under Review

2 Submission(s) for contract # C11-47-08

Darco Sales & Service / PSECO Inc.,Oakville, Ontario

InterClean Equipment Inc., Carlise, Ontario

Around 4pm. I stopped into Fortino's to grab a couple of things (which I barely ever do). Eastgate is certainly proving to be a great transit fanning spot these days. When my bus (0611) pulled in, it was one of 2 other artic's (0614 and 0610 being the others) all at Eastgate at the same time, with a couple of '08 D40LF's. Looked kind of cool. Now that I think about it, the King must have been way off schedule for all 3 to be there at once. I know that mine was continuing onto Fiesta Mall though...

Yes must have been off schedule, I remember the "It's your festival", and on my way home I waited for an hour for a King bus, and then 0615 passes right by me PACKED, I was like crap, not knowing that there were others behind. Then 0320 pulls up, PACKED, and passes by me. Few seconds later, 0616 shows up, really full, but she had to stop because there wouln't have been another bus for another hour or so. But soon after we passed 0320, and went back to back with 0615, and 0320 tailing my bus. I thought that was kind of strange, BTW.

Yes must have been off schedule, I remember the "It's your festival", and on my way home I waited for an hour for a King bus, and then 0615 passes right by me PACKED, I was like crap, not knowing that there were others behind. Then 0320 pulls up, PACKED, and passes by me. Few seconds later, 0616 shows up, really full, but she had to stop because there wouln't have been another bus for another hour or so. But soon after we passed 0320, and went back to back with 0615, and 0320 tailing my bus. I thought that was kind of strange, BTW.

Just simply that once again HSR has not planned enough buses on the route AGAIN, this happens EVERY year, No shock there though, just good ol' HSR....

Last month when I went to HSR Bell Manor Loop, there were 3 Barton buses parked there in a row in that small loop while my 55 bus pulled in. It was a Saturday.

I've commonly seen at least 2 Barton's at Bell Manor. They get piled up there for some reason.

Very simple reason... the schedules overlap at the loop. At certain times of the day, the recovery time for Barton is longer than the time between buses, almost double at some points. In rush hour, two buses is the norm. All it would take is a bus arriving a little early, or one leaving a little late, and there's the third bus. The layovers are longer at the Bell Manor end, to minimize the time spent tying up MacNab.

King is similar at Eastgate Square, but to a lesser degree. University buses at the GO Station also overlap. Between 4 and 5 pm, there's a thirteen-minute layover at the station, though service is every ten minutes. That means that the route requires two bays. They'll have to switch that overlap to West Hamilton Loop if they want to free up a bay when more routes start using the GO Station.

What do you guys think about the HSR creating a "Wonderland Express", departing twice daily, in the morning at 10am, and 12pm, then the return trips from Wonderland to Hamilton Departing at 5pm, and the other at 8pm. Just an idea, since I myself am having trouble finding a way there. :rolleyes:

What do you guys think about the HSR creating a "Wonderland Express", departing twice daily, in the morning at 10am, and 12pm, then the return trips from Wonderland to Hamilton Departing at 5pm, and the other at 8pm. Just an idea, since I myself am having trouble finding a way there. :rolleyes:

GO TRANSIT does a shuttle there as well as both MT and TTC.........

GO TRANSIT

(( COST FROM HAMILTON ))

Adult single-ride ticket $12.55 + 2.75 to go from Union to Yorkdale)

Adult day pass $25.10 + 2.75 x 2 = $5.50 to go from Union to Yorkdale)

Adult two-ride ticket $25.10

MORE INFO FROM GO TRANSIT:

http://gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedul...ation=&new=

MISSISSAGA TRANSIT INFO:: 1 way fare is $6.50 Return ( 2 RIDE ) Fare $13.00

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/WonderlandService2008.pdf

TTC:

http://beta.ttc.ca/Routes/165/Westbound.jsp

MORE INFO from TTC:

Westbound SUMMER-ONLY 165A TO CANADA’S WONDERLAND / EXTRA FARE NORTH OF STEELES === $2.75 x 2 = $5.50 OR TTC FARE + YRT FARE or ticket.

These buses operate from York Mills Station via west on York Mills Road, west on Wilson Avenue, through Wilson Station, continuing west on Wilson Avenue, northwest on Walsh Avenue, north on Weston Road, east on Major Mackenzie Drive, north on Jane Street, and west and south on Canada’s Wonderland bus entrance to Wonderland Loop.

I HOPE this Helps......

FYI: if you go with a blind person with a CNIB ID card, you both get in for A SINGLE PRICE.... ==== Blind person pays, GUIDE does not pay!!!! OR you could do what my friends and I do, we each pay HALF PRICE.....

GO TRANSIT does a shuttle there as well as both MT and TTC.........

GO TRANSIT

(( COST FROM HAMILTON ))

Adult single-ride ticket $12.55 + 2.75 to go from Union to Yorkdale)

Adult day pass $25.10 + 2.75 x 2 = $5.50 to go from Union to Yorkdale)

Adult two-ride ticket $25.10

MORE INFO FROM GO TRANSIT:

http://gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedul...ation=&new=

MISSISSAGA TRANSIT INFO:: 1 way fare is $6.50 Return ( 2 RIDE ) Fare $13.00

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/WonderlandService2008.pdf

TTC:

http://beta.ttc.ca/Routes/165/Westbound.jsp

MORE INFO from TTC:

Westbound SUMMER-ONLY 165A TO CANADA’S WONDERLAND / EXTRA FARE NORTH OF STEELES === $2.75 x 2 = $5.50 OR TTC FARE + YRT FARE or ticket.

These buses operate from York Mills Station via west on York Mills Road, west on Wilson Avenue, through Wilson Station, continuing west on Wilson Avenue, northwest on Walsh Avenue, north on Weston Road, east on Major Mackenzie Drive, north on Jane Street, and west and south on Canada’s Wonderland bus entrance to Wonderland Loop.

I HOPE this Helps......

FYI: if you go with a blind person with a CNIB ID card, you both get in for A SINGLE PRICE.... ==== Blind person pays, GUIDE does not pay!!!! OR you could do what my friends and I do, we each pay HALF PRICE.....

He was asking if there could be a direct bus from Hamilton to Wonderland instead of changing buses such as using GO Transit if you're coming from Hamilton.

I HOPE this Helps......

Yes, thanks. And thats cool, I actually dont know anyone who is blind. But that is interesting. I should put in a comment for HSR to do a shuttle there, for maybe $5 there, and $5 back.

He was asking if there could be a direct bus from Hamilton to Wonderland instead of changing buses such as using GO Transit if you're coming from Hamilton.

Yes that would be very convientent. More people would take the bus (including me), because the only way to W.L is to drive! I think HSR should give it a try. It will make them somemore profit also.

If the program goes into affect, to get more riders, they can put commercials on CHCH TV, or even a wrap on one of their buses. Do you think thats a good idea?

I REALIZE that, but there is NO way to do the trip without changing buses.....

Yes, thanks. And thats cool, I actually dont know anyone who is blind. But that is interesting. I should put in a comment for HSR to do a shuttle there, for maybe $5 there, and $5 back.

Yes that would be very convientent. More people would take the bus (including me), because the only way to W.L is to drive! I think HSR should give it a try. It will make them somemore profit also.

If the program goes into affect, to get more riders, they can put commercials on CHCH TV, or even a wrap on one of their buses. Do you think thats a good idea?

$5 each way wouldent even BEGIN to cover the COST of doing that service, HSR does not even have the money to expand its services a LOT within Hamilton region, much less do a shuttle to Canada's Wonderland... First of all the bus HAS to be Accessible, second of all I dont think that the HSR buses they currently have would be able to do Long Distances on the Highway..... Why not ASK GO TRANSIT to get one started from Hamilton??

I never go to Wonderland, It's just WAY TOO expensive, and I hate Roller Coasters and Large crowds just make me Really Nervous...

Such madness idea! :P

HSR is more of a city runner. To run this to Wonderland will take approx. 2 hours or more, this is something not consider tossing a D40LF on an uncomfortable seats! Good luck asking management for that idea, they won't budge it!

With the cost of the operational run.....very, very expensive including the Hwy 407! Consider GO would be the best bet!

"Who wants to smoke a joint inside the bus at night?!"

Well, Im sure that since HSR is run by government the tolls can be waived. But as for the D40LF comment, that is true. I kind of wish HSR had a few subs, to take on the highway comfortably. But anyways it was just a thought, and maybe Go Transit will consider doing a Hamilton-Wonderland Express, but I will have to find out. All these ideas popped into my head because I know a lot of people that drive there, or have no way at all. And when I go in a few weeks, me and my GF will have to get a drive there, as transit I cant afford at the moment!

Well, Im sure that since HSR is run by government the tolls can be waived. But as for the D40LF comment, that is true. I kind of wish HSR had a few subs, to take on the highway comfortably. But anyways it was just a thought, and maybe Go Transit will consider doing a Hamilton-Wonderland Express, but I will have to find out. All these ideas popped into my head because I know a lot of people that drive there, or have no way at all. And when I go in a few weeks, me and my GF will have to get a drive there, as transit I cant afford at the moment!

HSR is own and operated by the city! And Hwy 407 is private!

There are certain things that between GO and local transit that aren't allow to run on certain areas due to jurisdiction.

$5 each way wouldent even BEGIN to cover the COST of doing that service, HSR does not even have the money to expand its services a LOT within Hamilton region, much less do a shuttle to Canada's Wonderland... First of all the bus HAS to be Accessible, second of all I dont think that the HSR buses they currently have would be able to do Long Distances on the Highway..... Why not ASK GO TRANSIT to get one started from Hamilton??

I never go to Wonderland, It's just WAY TOO expensive, and I hate Roller Coasters and Large crowds just make me Really Nervous...

Even MT charges more than that and they're waaaaay closer to Wonderland.

It seems you and I have lots in common; except the type of bus we each like.

Even MT charges more than that and they're waaaaay closer to Wonderland.

It seems you and I have lots in common; except the type of bus we each like.

Yep, come look me up on facebook or email me sometime....

I've not been to Wonderland since 2003, my friend took me and I hated it, the crowds drove me nuts and my cane got broken by some idiot deciding to not watch where he was going, I finally just got my friend to drop me off at the Lazy River, and they went riding the rides and I floated my way around the lazy river.....

There are only 6 rides at Wonderland I can even stand:

Klockworks

Swings of the century

Sol <- retired and dismantled 2 years ago.

Spyder <- retired and dismantled 4 years ago.

The Rage Pirate ship

White Water Canyon

Timberwolf Falls

and for the water....

LAZY RIVER

White Water Bay

So yeah, NOT worth $60 PLUS food cost.