Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

• Root Admin
Let me guess, it's all the vandelisms that OT gets?

No one have ever done celing replacement panels, other than seing more dust build up.

We had to do it to two units last year for Waterfront Festival.

There goes my taxes, fixing vandelisms where transit should spend some surveillance cameras to stop this!

Surveillance cameras don't do much to stop crime, they're more for identifying and catching criminals after the fact to punish those responsible. Plus, they make it harder for bus drivers to take their illegal smoke breaks.

Is HSR fully accessible now?

Surveillance cameras don't do much to stop crime, they're more for identifying and catching criminals after the fact to punish those responsible. Plus, they make it harder for bus drivers to take their illegal smoke breaks.

Is HSR fully accessible now?

No were not 100% accessible yet. We still have 6 MCI classics, which are 8707, 8711, 8714, 8803, 8806, and 8809, anyone correct me if I'm wrong on the numbers.

Chris

I took a photo of the ceiling pegboard aboard 0809 today. This is the first time I've noticed it. Looks very weird.

100_8549.JPG

Thank You for getting a picture!! No one but a few knew what I was talking about until now!! :D

Thanks. Someone mentioned it at another forum and I just wanted to make sure. :D You'll probably be entirely accessible by next year then, eh?

Yes, when our 2009 40's come in, the Classics will be gone. They are only surviving the LAST round of retirements sadly. And weird enough, I live downtown, and havent saw a Classic for over a month, I dont even know why? Anyone else saw any recently?

Chris

They probably don't get used. Out of 49 buses, Thunder Bay Transit only ever uses about 35 of them at peak hours. They have extras to replace breakdowns or for charters, etc. That's probably what HSR is doing with their classics.

Yes, when our 2009 40's come in, the Classics will be gone. They are only surviving the LAST round of retirements sadly. And weird enough, I live downtown, and havent saw a Classic for over a month, I dont even know why? Anyone else saw any recently?

Chris

I've been seeing them on the 41 Mohawk, always on the Lime Ridge Mall short-turn shuttle. That's the only route I use on a regular basis, so I can't comment on how prevalent they are on other ones.

EDIT: Note that I only see them maybe once a week on there at most, so I think they're just brought out when there's nothing else to use.

Chris

The Classics have been parked for the summer but will return in September on route 51. Also look for the 9700's to be parked after this week for the Summer board period as well.

Kevin

The Classics have been parked for the summer but will return in September on route 51. Also look for the 9700's to be parked after this week for the Summer board period as well.

Kevin

A few questions..

First of all, why would they park the Novas when they are A/C?

Second of all, does that mean ALL the ads come off? Because I dont think companies want those busses just sitting around.

Chris

A few questions..

First of all, why would they park the Novas when they are A/C?

Second of all, does that mean ALL the ads come off? Because I dont think companies want those busses just sitting around.

Chris

I can sorta answer one part of your question.

One of the reasons for parking the Nova's might be because the A/C is always breaking down, and the drivers HATE driving them and are always trying to find ways to call in for a change-off when they dont want to drive them,

There is actually a list of drivers that for various reasons CANNOT drive the Nova's, that list might be getting bigger... I KNOW that a few of my friends are on that list...

Kevin, ever since that you have informed me of how drivers hadn't been enjoying the drives on the 08's due to the new engine regulations, how are the mechanics finding those flyers in maintaning those engines?

Well, as you know when emission update comes in, mechanics have no choice but to learn new things they can fix and retraining.

I can sorta answer one part of your question.

One of the reasons for parking the Nova's might be because the A/C is always breaking down, and the drivers HATE driving them and are always trying to find ways to call in for a change-off when they dont want to drive them,

There is actually a list of drivers that for various reasons CANNOT drive the Nova's, that list might be getting bigger... I KNOW that a few of my friends are on that list...

What sorts of reasons are there why certain drivers can't drive a Nova?

I'm pretty sure it came out today (or very recently). Someone on the bus just an hour ago was reading what appeared to be a glossy route map (the old ones were paper I believe) and I'm fairly certain I saw the 12 Wentworth on it.

I'm pretty sure it came out today (or very recently). Someone on the bus just an hour ago was reading what appeared to be a glossy route map (the old ones were paper I believe) and I'm fairly certain I saw the 12 Wentworth on it.

Awesome. Hopefully they get it up on the website quickly, I'd like to see it.

Seeing as how there is a severe lack of Mountain bus pics on here, I'm going out in about a half hour to grab some pics of the routes near my house. Look for the shots in here later.

Here are the very few non-crappy pics I got today.

p1000455tl8.th.jpg

DARTS 970 southbound on Upper Gage, near Seventh Avenue.

p1000456ja7.th.jpg

A DARTS bus without a logo parked in a small lot on the corner of Seventh and Upper Gage, right across from the above pic. I'm assuming it's not their property anymore and belongs to someone else.

p1000458fm3.th.jpg

The front half of 0701 on the 21 eastbound at Upper Gage and Fennell.

p1000459ud1.th.jpg

0509 northbound on the 25, on Upper Wentworth between Vickers and MacLennan.

p1000461cw2.th.jpg

0602 westbound on the 41A at Mohawk and Upper Wentworth.

p1000462kw5.th.jpg

0722 southbound on the 25 at Lime Ridge Mall Terminal.

p1000463fm0.th.jpg

And the sign at the terminal for absolutely no reason.