Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

Rode 0802 and 0812 last weekend and was shocked at how bad the ride was on both units. They squeak and rattle just like any 04, 05, or 07 D40LF yet have only been running for a few weeks. They're also not all that much quieter than an 07 on the inside.

This is something I was going to ask a few days ago, and actually did post but somehow didn't stick. I guess I must have clicked 'preview' instead of post.

I was going to ask if the Waterfront shuttle was going to get it's own special bus stops, but then saw later that day that they do. In my opinion, the stops are a little too plain. They don't stand out at all and almost look like the 'keeping our neighborhood beautiful' signs that are up near flowerbeds in the city. They could have used more maroon and creme. I think it would have been cute to use the old yellow 'bus area' signs.

Speaking of bus stop signs, Kevin do you know how long before a route starts service that the bus stops are installed? I live on Wentworth and keep checking when I leave for work in the morning and am just curious.

Any news on the system map?

They should have the trollleys up and running as of now. Lots of people are probably going to the waterfront.

They should have the trollleys up and running as of now. Lots of people are probably going to the waterfront.

It would make sense for it to start now, as 'Route 56 Confederation Park' started today.

Rode 0802 and 0812 last weekend and was shocked at how bad the ride was on both units. They squeak and rattle just like any 04, 05, or 07 D40LF yet have only been running for a few weeks. They're also not all that much quieter than an 07 on the inside.

Not surprised about this.

Those DPF are suppose to be quieter, but they seem to be fitered up quite fast!

Ummmm what was it doing there? Was it bought out, or have a new livery, or can you even see the fleet number? AHA enough with the questions I'm getting excited.. Do you have a pic?:P

Chris

Still under HSR colour without the "HSR" logo. It was a quick glance.

An HSR '04 D40LF has been OOS at Melvin/Woodward for about the past 4 hours now for some reason. I saw it before boarding the Bayfront to downtown, then saw it again 3 hours later when I returned. The driver seemed to have abandoned it by then. No HSR supervisor or tow truck in sight.

A few weird sightings today..

In the interior, the fleet number says "306" under the plastic plating, I wonder how the mischeiveous driver did it this time. :lol:

And weird thing number 2:

0719 was sitting in Gore Park on route 35 College, and The "35" was flashing on and off slowly. At some points, it almost looked like it had no number.

I think someone mentioned 0807 was out due to some body damage, well I saw it in Gore on King street on either 10, 5C, 5B, or 52 yesterday morning.

I noticed the TiCat Shuttles have their destination signs blink on and off. Or at least the one I saw downtown yesterday was blinking.

Seems like they were blinking on and off.... "TICATS EXPRESS" , "LIME RIDGE MALL" , then blank......

Did i mention before, it was a good game :(

Seems like they were blinking on and off.... "TICATS EXPRESS" , "LIME RIDGE MALL" , then blank......

Did i mention before, it was a good game :(

That sometimes happens if the driver enters an incorrect P/R Code, or the signs may have just been programmed like that...............

That sometimes happens if the driver enters an incorrect P/R Code, or the signs may have just been programmed like that...............

Any P/R code, probably. I don't think the HSR uses them. Those messages you see (like Happy Holidays) are not entered as P/R codes, but as route codes.

It seems that only a very small amount of '08s have it. In fact it might have even been replaced with the standard ceiling now. I haven't gotten on a bus with it since.

There's no way they can do celing replacement, it's intact with the side lighting.

Tender for Supply and Delivery of 10 Heavy Duty High Floor 25 Foot Para-Transit Vehicles for the Hamilton Street Railway Company, Accessible Transportation Services

SCOPE OF SERVICE

The City of Hamilton, on behalf of the HSR is requesting Tender submissions for the purchase of new vehicles for the Specialized Transit Services for various buses.

Note: Bidders must access a portion of the Form of Tender online. Click on the “More Info: Click Here” link. This online document contains only a portion of the Form of Tender. Pages 54 to 64 of the Form of Tender will be accepted only in hardcopy form and are not included in this online document. The Online Form of Tender MUST be submitted on CD and in printed hardcopy or your Bid will be rejected.

Closing

06/17/2008

Proposal for Professional Consultant Services Required for Hamilton Street Railway Operational Review

SCOPE OF WORK

The City of Hamilton at the request of and on behalf of the Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) requires professional consultant services to conduct a comprehensive transit operational review of existing HSR services, including a major passenger boarding and alighting survey and stakeholder consultation based on the results of the study.

PROPONENT’S INFORMATION MEETING (Not Mandatory)

An optional information meeting is scheduled for as follows:

Time: 1:00 P.M. Local time

Date: Monday, June 16th, 2008

Location: Board Room, Mountain Transit Centre, 2200 Upper James Street, Hamilton, ON

Proponent’s not able to attend will have the option of participating in the Information Meeting via conference call. Please be advised the Cities phone system has the capacity to hold no more than six (6) callers at once. Proponent’s who are interested are advised to contact Lesley Parker-Bowen @ lparkerb@hamilton.ca no later than 3:00 p.m. Thursday, June 12, 2008. The spaces will be filled on a first come first serve basis.

Closing

07/09/2008

Ceiling replacement? Thats not that hard to change...

Um, I'll give you a screwdriver, a crowbar and a ladder for you to try it out!

No, they haven't replaced them. 0809 and 0812 still have them, and besides I think they look better like that. Does anyone think it was an experiment with the HSR?

So how many does the unit have those type so far?

So how many does the unit have those type so far?

Im pretty sure its 0808, 0809, 0811, and 0812. Theres four, and none of the recently delivered 40's (0818-0822) have them I dont believe.

P.S Trolly 71 was driving by my work and turned from Main street onto Wellington street to head up the mountain.

Chris

• Root Admin

Those ceiling panels are all seperate. We have replaced them on a few of our buses before, and you dont have to dis-assemble the whole ceiling to do it, that is if you do it right...

Those ceiling panels are all seperate. We have replaced them on a few of our buses before, and you dont have to dis-assemble the whole ceiling to do it, that is if you do it right...

Let me guess, it's all the vandelisms that OT gets?

No one have ever done celing replacement panels, other than seing more dust build up.