Jump to content

Hamilton Street Railway


Hybrid0920
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, G.A said:

Im surprised it didnt end up going to scrap because how much HSR took out of it lol.

 

A friend of mine said he drove past Bryans and he saw a DE41LF there. Dont know what unit it is but we'll know if it gets posted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

parked for the summer according to my source

Ah, so they aren't retired. Can't wait to see them out and about again!

2 minutes ago, hamilton.area.transit said:

parked for the summer according to my source

Was there any reasoning for this? (sorry for another notification)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leapster10 said:

Ah, so they aren't retired. Can't wait to see them out and about again!

Was there any reasoning for this? (sorry for another notification)

Read previous posts in this thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leapster10 said:

Ah, so they aren't retired. Can't wait to see them out and about again!

Was there any reasoning for this? (sorry for another notification)

They are currently off the road for now but they're retirement can happen at any time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wonka said:

20 more XN60's are supposed to be delivered some time in the next year so if 0610 and 0615 do come back, I'd imagine it'll be the last time.

Good god, are they replacing the 09's aswell? While yes I'd love some new XN60's, I'll sure miss the LFR's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Leapster10 said:

Good god, are they replacing the 09's aswell? While yes I'd love some new XN60's, I'll sure miss the LFR's.

Standard life expectancy for an articulated bus is 12 years; any longer than that, you generally need an expensive refurbishment. The 9xx are already at 13 years, and Hamilton runs their artics pretty hard with 7-day-a-week service, so yeah they're quickly approaching the end of their economic life.

0610 and 0615 were kept well beyond their life expectancies, but have been sitting out of service for multiple months due to failures (it is detailed in this thread, but the post has gotten buried far back due to a lot of inane posts in the past couple of months). They would need extensive work to be repaired and returned to service, but I think HSR has been holding off as their replacements were supposed to have arrived by now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Articulated said:

Standard life expectancy for an articulated bus is 12 years; any longer than that, you generally need an expensive refurbishment. The 9xx are already at 13 years, and Hamilton runs their artics pretty hard with 7-day-a-week service, so yeah they're quickly approaching the end of their economic life.

0610 and 0615 were kept well beyond their life expectancies, but have been sitting out of service for multiple months due to failures (it is detailed in this thread, but the post has gotten buried far back due to a lot of inane posts in the past couple of months). They would need extensive work to be repaired and returned to service, but I think HSR has been holding off as their replacements were supposed to have arrived by now.

Ah, okay! We might need to start fanning the 60LFR's more, huh? 😂

4 minutes ago, Leapster10 said:

 

By the way, why were the DE41LF's retired? 0602 was dead already, but 0601? Last time I saw it, it was in pretty decent condition. Plus, wouldn't the 07's be more suitable for retirement? They're around 16 now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leapster10 said:By the way, why were the DE41LF's retired? 0602 was dead already, but 0601? Last time I saw it, it was in pretty decent condition. Plus, wouldn't the 07's be more suitable for retirement? They're around 16 now.

Most likely mechanical issues that costed too much to repair. 601 and 602 have already been sold off and off property. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leapster10 said:

By the way, why were the DE41LF's retired? 0602 was dead already, but 0601? Last time I saw it, it was in pretty decent condition. Plus, wouldn't the 07's be more suitable for retirement? They're around 16 now.

As mentioned in previous threads, the 5 retirements due to the new buses were 0601, 0602, 0705, 0722, 0821. All buses have been removed from property and have been auctioned off by Bryan's Auctions on Highway 6.

Hybrids 0601 and 0602 being hybrids, most likely had battery issues and it would not make sense to repair them at this point. Even thought the 0700s are older, they are better suited to stay around for another few months. As for 0610 and 0615, it is assumed they have battery issues as well and most likely will not return to service, even though they will not officially be retired until replacement buses arrive in Spring 2023.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seashore_518203 said:

As mentioned in previous threads, the 5 retirements due to the new buses were 0601, 0602, 0705, 0722, 0821. All buses have been removed from property and have been auctioned off by Bryan's Auctions on Highway 6.

Hybrids 0601 and 0602 being hybrids, most likely had battery issues and it would not make sense to repair them at this point. Even thought the 0700s are older, they are better suited to stay around for another few months. As for 0610 and 0615, it is assumed they have battery issues as well and most likely will not return to service, even though they will not officially be retired until replacement buses arrive in Spring 2023.

Any idea on when the other order of 2022 Novas will come?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Leapster10 said:

Does anybody know why Hamilton chose the articulateds to have a new livery? Also, why not carry it over to the 40 footers?

When the first artics entered service, the livery was chosen in a contest. That occurred in late 2006/early 2007.

Additionally, it was being branded as the "B-Line " Livery and that they'd only be on that route. 

I don't know when that changed, but when the 08s came in,  the restriction of sorts to the 10  was changed and they were found on the 1 as well as the 25/26 as well as I think the 27/35 and/or the 5A/5C. I could be wrong of the latter.

 

But overall, I feel as if that livery is fir the artics. I'm not certain if that would change or not.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, newflyerinvero said:

When the first artics entered service, the livery was chosen in a contest. That occurred in late 2006/early 2007.

Additionally, it was being branded as the "B-Line " Livery and that they'd only be on that route. 

I don't know when that changed, but when the 08s came in,  the restriction of sorts to the 10  was changed and they were found on the 1 as well as the 25/26 as well as I think the 27/35 and/or the 5A/5C. I could be wrong of the latter.

 

But overall, I feel as if that livery is fir the artics. I'm not certain if that would change or not.

 

Alright, thanks for the information.

Thank you guys for making me feel welcome as a new user!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...