Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

They need to switch the bus stop for the 5 and the 1A/10 at Main/Macnab. The transit priority light is supposed to help buses merge back into traffic, but with the 5's having recovery time at the front spot, it means the 1A or 10 will still have to merge into active traffic if a 5 is present.

3 hours ago, Vekoma said:

They need to switch the bus stop for the 5 and the 1A/10 at Main/Macnab. The transit priority light is supposed to help buses merge back into traffic, but with the 5's having recovery time at the front spot, it means the 1A or 10 will still have to merge into active traffic if a 5 is present.

Or they could, I dont know, finally spread out the schedules between the routes instead of having them idiotically clustered together.

2 hours ago, lip said:

Or they could, I dont know, finally spread out the schedules between the routes instead of having them idiotically clustered together.

99.9% of your posts are just complaining about everything.  Find a new hobby 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Byfold said:

99.9% of your posts are just complaining about everything.  Find a new hobby 

I'm sorry, so you enjoy having some lackluster service throughout the GTAH?

If you enjoy the sorry state of affairs with the way service is operated with certain municipalities, then there's nothing for us to discuss. I'm sure management would love extra pats on the back so feel free to give it to them.

19 minutes ago, lip said:

I'm sorry, so you enjoy having some lackluster service throughout the GTAH?

If you enjoy the sorry state of affairs with the way service is operated with certain municipalities, then there's nothing for us to discuss. I'm sure management would love extra pats on the back so feel free to give it to 

You seem qualified.  Apply to a transit system and make changes.   Being a keyboard warrior won't solve anything. 

Just don't apply to Miway.  Word is you didn't make it past the 1st round. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Byfold said:

Good on you for trying to make things personal.

Funny thing is, i've never applied to MiWay. Pretty happy with my job, but thanks for the offer maybe one day.

10 hours ago, Vekoma said:

Theres room for buses to pass. I saw a 10 pull out and merge into traffic with the light when a 5 loading passengers.

7 hours ago, Byfold said:

You seem qualified.  Apply to a transit system and make changes.   Being a keyboard warrior won't solve anything. 

How does Miway have anything to do with the HSR?

• Like 2

Does anyone know whats up with the Vicinity's? I rode the 12 a week ago but got a 40 footer and noticed all the runs on the 6/7/8 on Wednesday were also 40 footers.

1 hour ago, Wonka said:

Does anyone know whats up with the Vicinity's? I rode the 12 a week ago but got a 40 footer and noticed all the runs on the 6/7/8 on Wednesday were also 40 footers.

From what I have noticed they are usually assigned to myRide and Dundas Local. You may see one on the 12, but it’s less and less now. 

It is my belief, and I could be wrong, that the pandemic and aftermath/fall out has caused them to be parked, for the most part.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wonka said:

They are on the MyRide On Demand, 12 at times and 6/7/8 on weekends. Theyve made a apperence on the 99 a couple times this year

• Thanks 1

Im curious, has anyone ever seen an HSR vicinity on a 40ft run? i did track 1840 on the 2 barton on january 11 2021, which i have included a screenshot of, but other then that i have never heard of it happening.

Screenshot_20220821-181452.png

4 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Im curious, has anyone ever seen an HSR vicinity on a 40ft run? i did track 1840 on the 2 barton on january 11 2021, which i have included a screenshot of, but other then that i have never heard of it happening.

Screenshot_20220821-181452.png

Sorry for another notification but this also happened when the Barton was ran by 60 foots

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8792 said:

I was on the 401 on the weekend and spotted an HSR Nova on delivery. I think the fleet number was 2119. Was this a 2021 build just getting delivered now?

The new Novas were built this year, not in 2021. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

The new Novas were built this year, not in 2021. 

Correct

1 minute ago, 8792 said:

How come they're not 22xx's in that case?

They are numbered in the 21xx because they were part of the 2021 budget, but production delays have meant they haven't been built/delivered until now.

Similar story as to why the 17xx/18xx LFS buses have two separate fleet series, despite having been built together with consecutive VINs; they were part of separate budgets and have number allocations as such.

• Like 4

Ah ok so HSR use year ordered vs year built to identify the fleet.

Will be interesting to see if OC Transpo are returning to the first two numbers representing the year given the ZEVs are 2101-2104 and were delivered in 2021.

1 hour ago, 8792 said:

Ah ok so HSR use year ordered vs year built to identify the fleet.

Will be interesting to see if OC Transpo are returning to the first two numbers representing the year given the ZEVs are 2101-2104 and were delivered in 2021.

No it all depends on what year the model is from (different then the year were built)